Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  8:35:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Suzan, if you're out there I need help I have only done a few shops for gapbuster & today I did the rice thing. I am trying to enter my report and one of the questions (#25) asks for the billed shipping weight from my shipment receipt. I put in what the receipt says (2 Lbs) & it keeps kicking it back to me. It will not let me go to the next page until I enter the correct answer but this is the correct answer I tried putting the actual weight & I tried putting the shipping cost as the pop up error message asks for the billed shipping weight with a dollar sign. What do I do. I don't want this bonused shop rejected as being late. Anybody have an answer? Do they want it as $ 2Lbs? I'm going to go try that

That didn't work either. I used the enquiry option on the site although I know from past experience they never answer. I also sent a "regular" e-mail although I don't know if that will be any better. Does anybody have a phone number? I'm panicking here as this is a nicely bonused shop that I went out of my way to do & I don't want it rejected as being late.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  10:16:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Problem solvedI e-mailed Suzan & she put me in touch with Jessica who told me what to do. FYI if anybody else ever runs into this the answer is to just put a number such as 1 or 2 not 1lb or 2 lb. Also round off the actual weight not the billed weight on the receipt. My actual weight was 1.4 lb & the billed weight was 2lb so my answer was 1. The second part of the error message where they were asking for an amount with a dollar sign was referring to something else but that wasn't clear until after I had gotten the weight question entered correctly. It was one of those questions "Was there any extra charges?" Answer- No. Next question: "What was the amount of the charges?" This they wanted $0.00 I feel so much better.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Patty Herbert
Contributor

IL
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  12:44:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am mad as heck right now. I was signed up for three jobs with them today and I printed out my paperwork the other day and went and did the jobs today and when I went to express them they were all cancelled/rejected. I am out the time and money I guess. Why would they cancel them if I haven't even done them yet and not let me know. I don't know if I like the way the do business. I have to rethink if I will work for them anymore. I did email them but I am sure I won't hear back as you never get a reply from them.

Patty in Il
Go to Top of Page

Bill Kapelli
Star Contributor

Kissimmee, FL
USA
281 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  4:10:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Patty, that's exactly why I told them to remove me from their database. Their lack of timely response to shoppers' questions through the Enquiry website shows their lack of concern for their shoppers.

Bill Kapelli
MSPA Gold Certified
Kissimmee [Metro Orlando], FL
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  7:51:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patty Herbert

I am mad as heck right now. I was signed up for three jobs with them today and I printed out my paperwork the other day and went and did the jobs today and when I went to express them they were all cancelled/rejected. I am out the time and money I guess. Why would they cancel them if I haven't even done them yet and not let me know. I don't know if I like the way the do business. I have to rethink if I will work for them anymore. I did email them but I am sure I won't hear back as you never get a reply from them.
That's really strange..I've never had that happen. That would anger me as well. Did you click to confirm the assignments on your assignment page? The only thing I can think of is that the assignments weren't confirmed. If that's not the case, I have no idea what happened.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  9:12:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just e-mailed Suzan but perhaps somebody here can answer this. How important is the cubed box? I could not find one & after looking for 3 days I used a small rectangular box for the shipment. I explained why in the comment section of the report. Do you think this shop will be turned down. I did it a couple of weeks ago & haven't heard any complaints yet.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  06:23:36 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its my thought that since they specify the size to use, you should use that....Maybe something in the pricing, not sure though..

I know 6x6x6 is a fairly common size and is sold at Staples, Office Max, Office Depot as well as the actual store you are shipping from!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  8:32:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The problem with that is I don't have any of those office supply stores any closer than 45 miles from me(I didn't know you could buy them at these locations. If they were close enough to shop I probably would have seen them.) And I wouldn't want to buy it at the UPS store because then I would have to package it there or make a second trip back to mail it. Again distance,time & mileage plays a part in that scenario. Suzan said she would turn my question over to a local rep but no response from that person yet. The shipping price was within their reimbursement range so I don't see where that would be a problem. It was either use a different box or cancel the shop at the last minute, because I spent the time in between acceptance & shop date hunting for a box.on this one. I'll know better next time.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  10:15:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle
Walmart sells the correct size box. They also sell the product that you have to put inside the box. Both are very reasonably priced there.
Good luck.

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  07:13:44 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't sweat it..I'm sure its not a problem...All it did was cut down from what you would have made a little. These shops pay the same total regardless of how much your shipping is...

What I do, and since office stores a ways for you it won't work, is I secret shopthe big office supply stores, use my $2.00 purchase for 1 6x6x6 box and then use that box for the shop here...

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  9:53:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just thought I'd let everybody know how I made out with the box thing (cube vs no cubed). I got paid with no problem & no reprimands. Thanks, Gapbuster. If I get a chance to do another one of these I now know where to find the requested box.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Nancy T.
Contributor

CO
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  7:19:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Warning - don't get too "mad" here or you might find yourself not allowed to shop those shops anymore. I complained about the website for the arches shop and shortly thereafter received an email from Gap saying that client didn't require my services anymore. So now I drive right past the $50 shop in Aspen each week. They post it and email about it, and no takers. I've emailed the scheduling co. and Suzan that I would do it, but guess what? No reply.
And, Suzan, I would have done it when it was $30.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  8:43:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it's good to remember that this is a public forum. Anyone, including schedulers, can read the posts. Some schedulers post here. Others just monitor the posts and take it all in............
The moral - don't post anything that you can't live with later.

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MikaVR
Valued Contributor

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  06:41:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My application with them just got denied, and I have the same situation, where I see a shop posted over and over again for my town, with no takers.

I wonder why my application was rejected????

Their email said "Certain details you provided don't match Gapbusters requirements"... so I'm really curious as to which details.... that I'm blond? That I'm overweight? That I work in a hospital? What??

It's basically the same exact application that I have submitted at all the other 10 to 20 MS companies and they have all accepted it. I did just start doing MS'ing but so far on all 5 of my shops I've gotten 10/10's.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I emailed to ask why, but havn't heard back. I'm bummed because I go to the post office fequently and I could so easily do the rice one!
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  11:42:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first two shops for this company last month and have been worried about payment because of so many negative posts here. But I just want to say that my two emails to customer service have been answered within hours and with specific, not generic, answers. Suzan also replied quickly to an email I wrote to her. So they may not be the fastest payers in the pack, but so far I've had good experience with their communication.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  8:26:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikaVR
I'm bummed because I go to the post office fequently and I could so easily do the rice one!
Don't be too bummed, the shop does not take place at the post office

PamBam, they may be slow to pay, and in my experience rather slow to answer inquiries..., but they have ALWAYS paid as agreed. You can trust you will get your payment.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  04:35:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2007/10/emw563838.htm

Interesting article on GAPbuster and their new recruitment programme.

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

CherylK
Contributor

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  07:17:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my first rice shipment for this company today and have a question. The instructions say you have to get 3 different types of receipts. The employee gave me only a purchase receipt. When I asked about another receipt, he told me that is the only one they give out and that it has all the information I need. Has anyone else had this problem?
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  4:08:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most times I have two receipts. The credit card receipt and the receipt that is a duplicate of the shipping label. Once I only had the credit card receipt, and Gapbuster accepted it without a problem.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  9:31:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Fortunately on my first, and only so far, rice shop I was given all three receipts without asking. But I think if you explain to Gapbuster thst you only received the one they will work with you. They're seem to be pretty good about that.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums