Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

LadyMiller

Newark, OH
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  05:28:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received an email from GAP saying my services are no longer needed for their fast food client! What a shock to receive the email. No explanation..nothing. I really liked working for them.

Silver certified in Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Linda M
Trainee

Bonney Lake, Washington
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  09:09:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for Gapbuster for 2 years. They pay thru direct deposit and they pay rather quickly. They pay a premium if you have to travel out of your way to do a shop for them. The calls I get from them are from their office in Australia. I like to just hear them talk. I love the accent.

Have a grest day, Linda
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Cassada
Valued Contributor

Rio Grande, NJ
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  11:56:42 AM  Send Jennifer Cassada an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't answered screening questions in ages. I did email them and got an answer the next day stating that there just aren't any shops in my area and that I should keep checking back. I've done a few shops for them in the past with no problem at all.
Guess I'll just wait and see.

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
Go to Top of Page

LadyMiller

Newark, OH
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  07:33:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone really know why some of us have gotten the . "Sorry, we no longer need you doing our fast food shop"? I signed up with them six months ago and did a total of 10 shops for them. As far as I know there was no problems with my shops. The last shop I did do for them the cashier was horrid...she also happened to be the manager!! My report was accurate...now I am wondering if that is the reason. Does anyone know why some of us has gotten banned from doing these shops?

Silver certified in Ohio
Go to Top of Page

MollyHouse

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  10:21:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Strange that they have been sending out these emails about not needing your services any longer. I haven't shopped for them in over 2 years, but have remained on their list as a shopper. I still get monthly emails asking me to take jobs in my ares. You'd think they would get rid of a non shopper first.
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  9:46:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some new shops just showed up in my area but it looks like there's no payment, only a $6 reimbursement for required purchases. Can that be right?
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  05:30:37 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are talking about gas shops...yes...$5.00 in gas, $.50 inside and $.50 for air if needed...

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  5:57:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The new shops are extremely simple. No photos and quick observations. The most challenging part is finding something to buy for 50 cents - ANYWHERE! Also, most air/H2O are 75 cents these days.

But overall a quick in and out and filling out the form is quick.

I've done a lot of gas station digital audits and think the price is fair (except for the air/water deal).

You're only allowed 5 of these shops per month and the dates don't extend into February. Get what you can and fill in on your routes. They're quick, easy and don't bend the mind...

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
~ MSing the Southern USA ~
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  6:45:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The C-stores have peanuts - 2 for $1.00. I love them!

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  8:13:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar,
You think the price is fair????

I hope you realize that you are NOT getting paid but ONLY reimbursed for this!! Just want to make sure you know this.

At least GFK has similar shops but ALSO PAYS $6.00 IN ADDITION to the gas/snack/air reimbursement!! GFK shops are quick too, with no photos.

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  06:37:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I'm aware that this is a reimbursement only shop - that takes 1/2 the time as a GFK shop and with gas prices these days it's worth it to me to subsidize my MSing. I personally pay for putting gas in my car in order to collect on mileage reimbursement. When a shop will pay for gas under the "reimbursement" heading, it's free for me personally AND I collect a mileage reimbursement. I don't find a lot of benefits to MSing. Seems like we get it coming and going, but this is one little one that really stretches the dollar.

The GAP form is simpler and less time consuming than GFK shops and much faster to enter. I'm only doing competitor shops so I don't have to check signage. Also, I'm only taking shops near me which isn't hard, I can only do 5 of them tops this month. I hustle and it takes me on average 8 minutes to do the shop, a couple of minutes in the car on the paperwork, and maybe 5 minutes online time (I scan the receipts as I'm entering the report.) That means I'm spending about 15 minutes total time per shop. I didn't say the pay was great, I said it was fair. Even at the gas reimbursement alone, it's close to $20/hour. Like I said, it's an addition to a route that makes it beneficial. Not worth spending time/gas on like a higher paying shop.

Undoubtedly, GFK pays me then a month later some station manager throws a fit about something I've written. I have to spend more time, digging out the paperwork and backing up my original shop. It happens frequently enough to be more than a nuisance and eat into the shop pay. Also, the air/water is not reimbursed. It comes out of the $6 shop fee - so that lessens the fee by .75 per shop. They take twice the time as the GAP shops too.

These GAP comp shops shouldn't have any backlash for less than perfect comments. I only do shops like these when I have the time and need to fill in. With gas at $3 +/- per gallon these days. I'm looking for them...

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KimCu
Apprentice

Yuma, AZ
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  06:45:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am very unhappy with them. I did 2 shops for them in Nov. and still haven't received payment. I sent several e-mails first I was told the payments had been sent, then I was told there was a delay but I would receive it by the 7th, then I was told it had posted, finally after being asked to provide verification that it had not been applied to my account I am told they do not make payments to any of the three banks I have accounts with and I need to open another checking account. Why this information was not provided in their orientation is beyond me!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

NinaS
Contributor

Vernon, BC
Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  08:37:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took that little inquiry test that we need to take before getting assigned jobs and mistakenly clicked on yes and was locked out of getting the FF shops. Has this happened to anyone and how do I correct this?
Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  11:34:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NinaS

I took that little inquiry test that we need to take before getting assigned jobs and mistakenly clicked on yes and was locked out of getting the FF shops. Has this happened to anyone and how do I correct this?

I've done that before at another MS co. They either wouldn't or couldn't change it and I had to wait until the next round of shops came out and try again. Since then I've been very careful.

You could try contacting GAPb... through their website. I don't have a clue what their response will be.

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  11:44:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How fast do they respond to emails? I accepted 2 gas shops for this weekend, and when I went to print the paperwork a graphic of something I am to look for in the shop is distorted and covers over half the questionnaire. I sent the email request that I would like the paperwork emailed to me, but should I do something else? I tried it in different browsers and had the same error in both.

OK, that was funny! I hit submit to post this and checked my email and there were my forms, perfectly readable!

Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  3:07:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If by chance you're doing competitor shops you won't even need the graphics.

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  5:49:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, thanks. But if I didn't need the graphics, I did need the info that they were covering up! Heh.

Go to Top of Page

JenA

Highland, IN
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  7:17:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't had any problems with this ms company. I even lost a receipt one time for a fast food shop and teh scheduler said not to worry about it. And I was paid for it. I just signed up for several fast food shops and Im trying to complete the training for a shipping shop but the training page isn't up.

Jen
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2008 :  4:37:31 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have found that opening any of their shop forms in Mozilla does not work well at all. The graphics are messed up, and type is on top of type...

Opening with Internet Exploder, uh, I mean Explorer, works just fine. Try another browser.

If that doesn't work, and in response to some other questions too, sending an Enquiry (or whatever they call it) works pretty well, usually less than 24 hrs. Plus they're in Austrailia, so it might be quite a bit less. Though, they've always called me at between 8 and 9pm if they have ever needed to call me, probably because of the time difference. One of the reason's they don't post a phone number anywhere. That, and it'd probably cost me an arm and a leg to call!

Hope this helps!

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2008 :  10:06:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes I had that prob too; what I did was open it up and then go print preview, I am using mozilla for email and browser and always use the print option in adobe

Chris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums