Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  10:57:15 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only done a couple of shops for them, about 2 years ago, it took ages to get paid, and their website was awful. Well, I recently moved and got an email that there were shops in my area. I figured, well, it's been a while, let me take a look. Their website is still so darn hard to use and confusing that I thought-unless they are paying a mighty hefty fee, it just isn't worth it to slog through this mess. Too bad they aren't on Sassie or Prophet, or use an easier job search function.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

MizzEliz
Apprentice

Springfield, MA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  7:44:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. Yes, I've done a few assignments for GAPbuster. I signed up for five more today. Their web page does NOT work well with Mozilla. But if you copy and paste the web address into Internet Explorer it works like a charm. They recently changed their format to be a little easier to log onto.
I've never had a problem with payment. They deposit it right into my Checking account. However they do not send an email to tell you the payment is coming.

Eliz
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  10:22:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
yes it is a bit flaky at times, I got an email with 2 jobs available last week and went to the web site ,copy and pasted the ass numbers and the search could not find anything. Went to the web express and nothing Couple of days later got the same email, and the site told the same story. So just forget it

Chris
Go to Top of Page

LadyMiller

Newark, OH
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  07:43:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone tell me if I am crazy??? Yesterday, GAP had plenty of the shipping jobs available in Ohio, now there area none! What happened to them? Are they missing from everyone elses job search too? Thanks!!

Silver certified in Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Stan
Apprentice

Fort McMurray, Alberta
Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  08:04:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with GapBuster for over 3 years now and I have never ran across any problems listed here in this forum!
I have never had any issues with payments or security. Yes I gave them my banking information for payment and I too was a little warry but was re-assured thier practice was trusted.
GapBusters usually calls me directly if they have any assignments that they needed completed quickly and I get paid quite well for doing this for them (usually $50.00 plus). Mind you, there are not many GapBuster shoppers where I live.
One thing too, if you had done a mystery shop for that one store and no one else has done that shop between your last one and the time you requested it again, GapBuster's system cancels the job automaticly. As for the web site, they have rebuilt it and I find no issues with naivgation etc.
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  11:04:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Stan, they usually ring me too, but these were 2 gas jobs, local, so I thought I would grab them. I have had a few issues with the website over time, and find the personal contact is a lot better, just wait for them to ring, Or if it is urgent email Suzan direct, mind she is on honeymoon at the moment and I,m sure we are the last thing on her mind, and I dont blame her at all. She seems to be the only contact we have got that shows any interest in the people in the field

Chris
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  11:10:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to take issue with the statement that Suzanne is the only person who takes an interest in people in the field. I have had nothing but positive interaction with Gapbusters. The Reps here for Canada are fantastic and I have had phone calls for jobs, phone calls for information and whenever I have posed a question through their links I have received a reply either phone or message within 24 hours maximum, so there are others that are great workers with Gapbusters. This is in no way a slight on Suzanne as she has evidently helped a lot of people who have had issues and should be commended for her efforts.
Go to Top of Page

Stan
Apprentice

Fort McMurray, Alberta
Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  2:25:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too have had no issues with any of the Gap Buster operators (do not know if I have ever talked to Suzanne). For quite some time, I was getting calls directly from Austrailia but now I get calls out of Montreal. Here in Canada (out west that is) the only client that GapBusters have is MacDonalds. When I joined they had the Post office and one other client. I hope that they get a few more here....
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  10:55:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well Dan.It seems a lot better in Canada than it is here. I am dealing with the Aussie end, and at times it is a bit below par. I am still waiting for a promised contact call about a job I did in early Dec. But I,m not holding my breath. And as far as the contact on the web page goes, A week is good, if there is a reply. That happens when Suzan reads the posts. See page 56

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  09:26:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have liked doing shops with them in the past, but now when I tried to take the test for the gas and shipping shops the test will not come up. When I emailed them about it I was sent a too bad, so sad reply. When this happened before they worked with you on it and I was able to do the test.
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  6:18:57 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, Guess who's back? :)

Hope you all had a wonderful festive season and New Year.

I'm just reading through and catching up on email threads today, so please bear with me until I get around to responding to all your inquiries.

First, let me start by addressing the email a few of you received that refers to your services no longer being required by GAPbuster.

Following good practice measures, our clients require us to continually provide a broad range of shoppers to complete their evaluations; therefore we periodically review our shopper database. This is a great way to ensure we deliver consistent quality results to our clients. Therefore this practice can often lead to the removal of shoppers from our system.

Our Shopper Quality Team is also committed to tracking and monitoring our shopper's performance and behaviors to ensure we protect the integrity of our database.

On the odd occasion our team also detects fraudulent shoppers, which as you can understand, obviously need to be deleted from our system.

Also, just so you know, I have been advised that we are currently updating the content of this email to provide a clearer explanation to avoid any further confusion or frustration.

We sincerely value the fantastic work that all our shoppers do for us, whether past or current shoppers, so thank you!

Nancy T., I have replied to all your emails. Please check your inbox and let me know whether you've received them. If not, I will re-send.

Also, I have to agree with DanInsK and say we have many dedicated and passionate staff here at GAP that are ready to assist shoppers with their inquiries. At times we do experience some delays when responding to emails inquiries, however I can assure you that our teams work very hard to address issues as promptly and effectively as possible.

Oh and thanks for the kind compliments too! :0)

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  8:35:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Matt I think you are one of the very few people that have any luck with their enquiry option. Most of us complain that they never answer, myself included. However if you contact Suzanne, she is a dream and always helpful.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Stan
Apprentice

Fort McMurray, Alberta
Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  10:14:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Susan
I have not had the pleasure to speak to you but I have been a GapBuster shopper for over 3 years. My question to you is this...

Are there any other clients that Canadians will be able to select in the future or is the one fast food place the only one.

I travel a lot in the States and also in Australia (wife from Perth). Would I be able to accept assignments for the States or Aurstraila when traveling?

Stan
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  12:32:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That could have been the problem Stan, I did the gas jobs in question A short while ago, So maybe they booted me when the computer saw my request

Chris
Go to Top of Page

NinaS
Contributor

Vernon, BC
Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  5:08:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Susan @gap
I made an error on the small test prior to taking McDonalds shops. I ticked Yes instead of No and now cannot get jobs.
Is this a temporary thing or am I permanantly locked out.?
Thanks Susan I'll watch for a reply here.
Go to Top of Page

Stan
Apprentice

Fort McMurray, Alberta
Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  07:47:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carefull, I had a reply held becouse I used a client's name!
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  5:46:02 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Stan,

At present, we do not have any new clients coming on board in Canada. In saying that however, it's a new year, with new opportunities, so you never know what can be coming your way.

Please send me your shopper code so I can look into whether you are eligible to do work for us while you're traveling.

Ninas, if you have failed the screening questions, do not worry because this is only a temporary block.

If you failed the client certification, then this is unfortunately a permanent block.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  9:03:37 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just had my first need to contact them regarding a shop. I received a response in under an hour. I like that! The scheduler who emailed me was super nice. I like that too! Thanks Christa!

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2008 :  11:02:24 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am officially disappointed in Gapbuster. I had all intentions of filing my taxes next week and on their site it now says that Gapbuster will be mailing tax forms and you can expect them before 2/28. WHAT A JOKE! These by law needed to be mailed out on 1/31/08 or before...Now I need to wait until I receive that 1099 until I can do anything!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2008 :  11:33:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know it is no consolation, but different countries have different laws and I am not sure what they have to go by. In Canada the tax information does not have to be sent out before Feb 28th and perhaps it is the same in Australia. I also believe Canadian based companies do NOT have to issue 1099's but I am not certain, if that is the case perhaps Australian companies are not obliged either.

I know that I get nothing at all from any company I work for, either Canadian, American or Australian.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums