Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  12:49:19 PM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received a 1099 from GapBuster yet?

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  12:58:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I doubt you will as they don't have to send you one.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  1:27:13 PM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, they don't have to...But their site says that they will be sending them to all people who made over $500. Suzan says that they were mailed 2 weeks ago, but from Australia. Just curious if anyone has gotten theirs yet.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

TiffanyS
Apprentice

IA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  2:20:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my 1099 from GAPbuster about February 28 or so. There was no post mark date on the front of the envelope as that must not be done in Australia like it is in the US?

In any case, my 1099s are already in hand and I much appreciate them doing them and sending them out to American contractors.

Tiffany
Go to Top of Page

DonnaJean54
Apprentice

Tiffin, OH
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  2:39:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received mine last week but I do not remember which day that it came on. I did make over $500.00.

Donna Jean
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  5:58:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone receive their direct deposit yet?

Can't help it, I always worry that I'll have a banking issue
that no one else has

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  7:18:01 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received this email from this last month.
"Following on from the email you received earlier this month, we’d like to remind you that all payments from now on will be processed by the 20th of every month.

For your next payment, this means, if you shopped between the 15th and 31st of January, your payment will be processed by the 20th of February.

Going forward, all your shops from the previous month e.g. 1st – 29th February will be paid by the 20th March. Please allow up to five working days for the transaction to clear in your account.

Thank you for shopping with GAPbuster."

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  8:06:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PaminCa

Thanks for the info...I can't believe I missed an e-mail about my money

Dang-so the Gap is going to one payday per month??!!

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  10:51:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rita Collins

It does not matter where the company is located. They have contractors doing work on US soil with US companies. They have to follow the US tax laws. If you have earned over $600 with them they have to mail you the proper forms with a date postmarked no later than 1/31/08. If not, report them to the IRS.

Why bite the hand that feeds you? I don't think I'd ever report anyone to the Infernal Revenue Service; certainly not someone who was giving me a paycheck. If you have kept decent records, you should know how much you need to report.

I'm sorry to hear they're going to once a month payment. Fast and reliable payment is one of the things that makes their fee schedule bearable. That, and Raj ;-).

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  11:03:35 PM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too love it when Raj calls...

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  11:20:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We're caught, Mazie!

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Linda M
Trainee

Bonney Lake, Washington
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  11:55:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know the reason why and I haven't gotten an explaination from Gap yet but I received an email from them saying they no longer required my services on the McDonald shops. I have shopped for them for 2 years, have done last minute shops and out of area shops. Yea they offered me a premium but I can't, for the life of me, figure out why I have been "fired". Has anyone else received such an email?

Have a grest day, Linda
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  05:26:54 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Linda,

Did you have a negative shop recently. One where the store did extremely poorly? I have heard stories of GapBuster letting people go after extremely negative shops...Could be coincidental though in the other cases and is purely speculative...

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  12:56:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've turned in a few negative reports and have never even been questioned on them. Just reported what I experienced.

I'm wondering if it is more of a saturation thing.

I'm thinkin Susan from the Gap might have written a few words on it in a previous post??

I'm still bummed over the once a month payment thing. The fee vs shop outlay can sometimes be equal and the twice monthly payment helped to offset my expenses. I am normally allergic to spending so much on a single shop, but I like working with Gapbuster.

There are so few companies that pay quickly, I just hope this isn't a trend.

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

Jo in Fla
Contributor

Florida
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  6:24:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Linda, it's happened to a lot of us. I never even was able to do one shop for them. Suzan did post on this a few pages back. I never did figure out how it applied to me, but here is that portion of her post:

"Hi everyone, Guess who's back? :)

Hope you all had a wonderful festive season and New Year.

I'm just reading through and catching up on email threads today, so please bare with me until I get around to responding to all your inquiries.

First, let me start by addressing the email a few of you received that refers to your services no longer being required by GAPbuster.

Following good practice measures, our clients require us to continually provide a broad range of shoppers to complete their evaluations; therefore we periodically review our shopper database. This is a great way to ensure we deliver consistent quality results to our clients. Therefore this practice can often lead to the removal of shoppers from our system.

Our Shopper Quality Team is also committed to tracking and monitoring our shopper's performance and behaviors to ensure we protect the integrity of our database.

On the odd occasion our team also detects fraudulent shoppers, which as you can understand, obviously need to be deleted from our system.

Also, just so you know, I have been advised that we are currently updating the content of this email to provide a clearer explanation to avoid any further confusion or frustration.

We sincerely value the fantastic work that all our shoppers do for us, whether past or current shoppers, so thank you!"
Go to Top of Page

Marta83
Apprentice

Coos Bay, OR
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  7:42:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also got the rejection letter after taking some out of the way shops for the fast food location at the request of the scheduler. My up-coming bonused shops have been deleted as well. I do not understand the rejection process and have not turned in a negative report for the locations that I shopped. This seems to be odd in an area that has trouble getting shoppers to go to remote locations.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy T.
Contributor

CO
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  07:02:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Linda M
I too was rejected from the golden arches after doing a lot of hard-to-fill shops for them. As far as I know, I NEVER broke any of their rules. Though I've tried several times, I cannot get Suzan or anyone else to reveal to me why they don't need my services anymore. It seems strange to see bonused shops sitting there in my county, with no one picking them up. Since I've never falsified a report or broken the time rules, or ordered the wrong meal (though I have been given the wrong meal) or done anything else that might explain it, I decided it must be age. I'm pushing 50. How about you others who've been axed?
I am sorry I can't pick up a GapBuster arches shop anymore, though they did tell me I would be able to do their other shops. But with the website issues for reporting those burgers, it wasn't worth it anyway.
Eating BK now.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Marta83
Apprentice

Coos Bay, OR
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  07:34:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the following reply today but it was not specific - perhaps it is the age range. I am 60....still love my burger though!

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that this process is simply based on a client request where we need to provide a wide variety of shoppers completing evaluations at their stores therefore need to stop some of our shoppers from completing assignments at times for a specific client.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us, via email, or via our freecall fax number listed in the link below!

Kind regards,

Amalia Papanikolaou
Customer Service Operator USA
GapBuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  06:29:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gosh Marta,

What are they thinking axing you from that part of Oregon? Don't they know you're probably the only shopper on the coast? Sheesh!!

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
~ MSing the Southern USA ~
Go to Top of Page

Marta83
Apprentice

Coos Bay, OR
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  5:57:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Funny thing is that they have called me to take some of these remote shops and I have jumped in my car and gone. Maybe they will reinstate me? I guess I do not fit the demographic profile and it does make sense - maybe fast food is a younger person experience?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums