Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Robert113

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  08:20:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else have a hard time getting signed up with them? I cant even count how many times I have applied for them. I get emails saying they are looking for people in my area and I never get a response. Once I did get a response and they said they never received my application and apply again. Well I have again and again. Seems like my applications go in to the Black hole in cyberspace.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  08:07:36 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, after about a year and a half with them...I too have gotten the boot...

Not really sure what goes into their "review" process...I didn't even read this email until today, got it on Tuesday, so I actually completed the shop I had scheduled for this morning. When I couldnt log in I searched through mail and found this. I had just marked it as read assuming it was them telling me shops are available or some other BS...

Oh well, disappointing, but since I only did their Fast Food Breakfast shops and sometimes the shipping shops, not the end of the world I guess...weird that I would be booted from the company as a whole though and not just a specific client like I think some here were.

Dear Jason,

Thank you for spending your time being a mystery shopper for GAPbuster Worldwide. The experiences you have reported have been very valuable for our clients.
Our clients require us to provide a broad range of shoppers and shoppers’ expectations of customer service; therefore we periodically review our shopper base. The result of this means that some shoppers are removed from our system. Based on the current review your services at this time will no longer be required by GAPbuster Worldwide.
We hope that the shopper experience you have had with GAPbuster Worldwide has been a positive one knowing that your feedback has helped our clients improve their service to all customers.

GAPbuster Team

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

NinaS
Contributor

Vernon, BC
Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2008 :  07:35:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else had a payment problem with them this month? They say its a technical problem.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2008 :  07:48:36 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am no longer a shopper for them, but I received my direct deposit like clockwork on the 20th.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Karen K.
Apprentice

Walla Walla, WA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  09:29:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not been paid by Gap for February or March shops. I have sent three enquireries and heard nothing nor can find any info. about this on the site. Is anyone else having this trouble at this time or know anything? Thanks and this is the first time I have posted. I love the information on this site.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  6:46:36 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received direct deposit as always. It was deposited this month on the 22nd. Check your bank account and make sure you didn't overlook it.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:34:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Marta83
It should not make a difference, what age you are. We all eat fast food
at times, and older people usually have more life skills to evaluate service. I still do F.F for a couple of company's, and I am your age group.
Mind is saying that, some of the pay is not that good and I watch my travelling distance,s, because of that.
If I really want a burger I can get one within a km of home, so why go 10 km to get the same thing, with a set menu, unless it is worth my while.
I have one company that pays $20 for the visit and report, with full menu choice of 3 items paid by the company, so it could be a $35-40 visit.
These I always do

Chris
Go to Top of Page

ElleJ
Apprentice

Kingston, ON
Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  12:52:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have shopped for Gapbusters since the Christmas holidays and they dont pay on time! then when they do its always wrong! They never get the amount right, Then they tell you that your shop was not qapproved even when you know you did everything right!! Its almost May and they still owe me from FEb. shops performed. Then they told me that they dont accept certain banks and no credit union accounts, none of which is written or explained out to the members on their website. I quit.

Elle
Go to Top of Page

KimCu
Apprentice

Yuma, AZ
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  7:15:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are a first time shopper and haven't received payment you may want to contact your bank and see if they accept e-payments, and if they do what the fees are! I finally got paid for shops I did in Oct.! I made several inquiries that went unanswered and then I made a few more and was told they had issued the payment. After getting my bank to verify to them I had not received payment I was told most credit unions won't accept payment from them. So I entered ING my other bank and that one was not acceptable to them,either. I refuse to open another account to accommodate one company so I asked about PayPal, I was told that due to their company restrictions they would delete my shopper account after making one payment via PayPal. So I no longer am a shopper for them. They should state their payment procedures and restrictions in their orientation.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  01:05:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only done ff shops, if I became over saturated or needed to be rejected from doing the ff shops, wouldn't there be a chance I could still do some of their other shops that I haven't even tried yet???

Just curious if the ones that have received the "you've been erased" letters did all types of shops or just the ff shops.

Prolly silly to spend time thinking on it, a company will do what it is going to do. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best

**I should have read on, I see some of you were only restricted from ff and not from the other types of shops...but some were cancelled from all. Still can't tell, but I like working for them, so I will keep my fingers crossed and whatever happens..so be it

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

NinaS
Contributor

Vernon, BC
Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  07:14:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The site is now down and I have a job to enter, has anyone run into this situation. It says to contact Gapbuster and I do not have an e-adress for them. Anyone have any contact info so I can write them.
Go to Top of Page

BethInNJ
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  09:22:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a quick warning to new shoppers or anyone who doesn't have access to a scanner or camera. Gap is requiring ALL receipts to be submitted digitally. I tried yesterday, three times, to get my receipt (mail center) to load after spending an endless amount of time resizing, and the site still wouldn't accept it. I finally faxed it and will probably receive an email saying they won't accept it. So, just make sure if you're a shopper with them that you have scanning capabilities. This was posted on their site only AFTER I took the job.

Beth
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

.Dee Shops
Inactive

HI
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  10:30:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I have done 10 or so gas station shops for them earlier this springuploaded all my receipts with no problems.

If you are taking digital shots of images, you do need to be aware of some basic things. If you have a decent camera, unless you set it otherwise, it will probably give you images at 72 dpi and 33.x" x 22.x"
upon transfer to computer. This is a huge problem - the files are too large for upload. If you change the image size to something reasonable while keeping the dpi at 72, you should not have a problem.

I teach college-level digital art, so this is all second nature to me.
However, I realize this might be a huge issue for some folks. There are many many online tutorials, and photoshop now has an online web version. Google "getting images web-ready"

Dee
Go to Top of Page

NinaS
Contributor

Vernon, BC
Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  08:26:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WEll I just fell into the ranks of being "fired" by GB, got the same letter as the rest of you.

I only did the bonused jobs when they called, for no less than 45.00 per shop so I guess they got tired of paying me. They didn't realize the distance I had to travel.

After all if we take into consideration the gas, mileage on our vechicles and time spent doing the shop we are working for nothing.

Then it is costing us money because of the time spent filling out that huge report and I have yet to fill one out without having to "fix" something that the system didn't accept.

Ah well, I'll miss the bonuses. Did they do any other shops besides the fast food here in Canada?

Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  10:17:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you supposed to upload the receipts for the box and rice? If so, where and how? I only see a place to upload the shipping receipt.TIA

Joan
Go to Top of Page

Genevieve

Woodstock, GA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  10:25:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only ever uploaded the shipping receipts. There is a place on the form where they ask for a receipt # for the the rice, but other than that you don't need receipts for the rice or the box.

The "reimbursement" is a flat amount . . . and is always at least a little bit more than I actually spent on shipping, rice, and box combined.
Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  10:31:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's what was confusing me. What's the purpose of entering the receipt # for the rice if they don't want a copy of the receipt? The # doesn't mean anything.

Joan
Go to Top of Page

.Dee Shops
Inactive

HI
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  10:58:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Earlier this year I did a number of super easy gas station shops for them...They even used to call me and bonus me to do them. Now I don't see them any more. Anyone know if they lost the client, or if this client only shops at certain times during the calendar year?

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Patty Herbert
Contributor

IL
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  2:20:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever get to shop the ff arch shops after getting the no longer needed to shop this client email.

Patty in Il
Go to Top of Page

Tracie
Valued Contributor

Oswego, IL
USA
235 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  6:47:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
I have not been paid by Gap for February or March shops. I have sent three enquireries and heard nothing nor can find any info. about this on the site. Is anyone else having this trouble at this time or know anything?
I am having the same problem. I have also sent three emails with no response. They owe me $70.

Tracie
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums