Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

DaveG

Diamond, OH
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  06:26:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got my 'Thanks but we don't need you for ff shops anymore' this morning.

It says there are many other jobs available through them. I just checked and only 9 available in the entire state and none close.

I'm not sure what to think. If they are having trouble filling some of the jobs to the point of calling and offering bonuses to shoppers, why are they then 'trimming' their roster of shoppers?

Shopping East Central Ohio since 2006
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  11:28:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It seems odd - I haven't gotten one and I don't want one of those letters - -I do alot of ff for them and often as a favor (and with bonuses). They call me pretty regularly towards the middle and end of the month. And it sounds that way for others who have gotten the email. It sure doesn't seem beneficial for them to do that but I guess there is no way to know what they are thinking.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

SophieMarie
Trainee

Winter Haven, FL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  11:34:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you guys know when Gapbuster posts their fast food shops? I've been waiting for a month now (I've only been with them for a month) and I haven't seen any. Maybe it's once a quarter?

Thanks!

SophieMarie
Happy Shopper since '99
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  11:53:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They post monthly, usually around the 17th or so.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

DaveG

Diamond, OH
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  4:18:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TraveLiz

It seems odd - I haven't gotten one and I don't want one of those letters - -I do alot of ff for them and often as a favor (and with bonuses). They call me pretty regularly towards the middle and end of the month. And it sounds that way for others who have gotten the email. It sure doesn't seem beneficial for them to do that but I guess there is no way to know what they are thinking.

Liz

Seems really odd to me too. If I wasn't doing any, only a couple every few month, bad reports, something like that I could understand it.

The part that really surprised me was getting that email this morning when I was scheduled for a lunch shop today. I still did it and plan on entering the report exactly as I did before. If nothing else I will 'leave' on a good report.

Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  10:02:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SophieMarie

Do you guys know when Gapbuster posts their fast food shops? I've been waiting for a month now (I've only been with them for a month) and I haven't seen any. Maybe it's once a quarter?

Thanks!

Mid month for the next month but FL doesn't have the same account that most are taking about here. Another MSP handles it in FL.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  11:47:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SophieMarie

Thanks!

The FF shop you're looking for is with a self assign msc in FL. You should be able to do a lot of them as there seem to be a shortage of shoppers from your neck of the woods. I shop in the Tampabay area.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

SophieMarie
Trainee

Winter Haven, FL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  07:15:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Shopper Gurus!

Out of curiosity, do you know any way that I can find out which MS company does those FF shops without asking anyone to compromise their IC contract?

I know I'm asking for a lot. Thanks for your help!

SophieMarie
Happy Shopper since '99
Go to Top of Page

Greta
Valued Contributor

Waldorf, MD
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  2:29:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The rice shop is getting harder.

I went to two super markets near my home to buy the bag of rice. Neither store sells that small of a bag of rice. So I buy a box of rice.

Then I go to Staples to buy the box to ship the rice and cannot find a box per the sizes in the instructions that will fit my box of rice.

I did not have a phone number to call and ask a question. I needed to finish the shop that morning and could not get to a computer to email my question.

The question I wanted to ask was, “Can I buy a bag of beans instead of rice?”

I submitted my shop with the box of rice and shipping box that was too big. I don't know if the shop will be accepted. I put comments telling what happened and why I did what I did.
As a mystery shopper sometimes we need to do the best we can do with the things we find.

I now know that the shopping before the shop can be time consuming.
Go to Top of Page

MizzEliz
Apprentice

Springfield, MA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  3:48:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

In response to your question: I usually buy Barley when I can't find rice. Beans would work too. I have notified the company, with "NO" results that sometimes rice is not available.

Eliz
Go to Top of Page

DaveG

Diamond, OH
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  7:27:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greta

The rice shop is getting harder.

I went to two super markets near my home to buy the bag of rice. Neither store sells that small of a bag of rice. So I buy a box of rice.

Then I go to Staples to buy the box to ship the rice and cannot find a box per the sizes in the instructions that will fit my box of rice.

Sorry I can't help with the rice problem. Around here we have a regional grocery store that sells a house brand for about $1 for a 1# bag.

For the box, try the "big-box" department store that starts with a "W". Another place I have had luck at is a store that sells boxes and sometimes offers multiple shipping services. Usually they are small, non-franchise places.

Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  11:27:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every mail box store, including the client being shopped, carries the correct size boxes.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

GretchenHau

OH
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  08:10:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done some extra shops for them as a favor that have been bonused. The schedulers are GREAT to work with and I always get paid on time.

I love this company.
Go to Top of Page

Christina
Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  08:40:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first two 'rice' shops this month for them. I thought it was an easy shop and would gladly do them again. I've yet to be paid, so we'll see...

Has anyone done the document shop? I've seen those but they don't seem as easy as the 'rice' shop. Any advice?

Chrissy in TX
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  10:14:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing the FF shops for this Company for a few years and never had any problem before. I sent a report in yesterday and they said they could not accept it because I used the wrong timing device. I drove over 100 miles round trip to do this. NO MORE!! I have been using a wrist watch with a second hand the whole time and it was fine. This time they told me they could no longer accept that. I AM FUMING. There is no way I am going to stand in line and start clicking a Stop watch. I know good and well that they used my report but am just refusing to pay me for it.
I have more scheduled but they can have them back. There are no other shoppers in our area so they will have to sit and hold those shops. Sorry, just needed to vent.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  1:54:56 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christina

I did my first two 'rice' shops this month for them. I thought it was an easy shop and would gladly do them again. I've yet to be paid, so we'll see...

Has anyone done the document shop? I've seen those but they don't seem as easy as the 'rice' shop. Any advice?

I only do the document shops (the rice shops scare me for some reason), and I love them. 99% of the time, the shops take less than 10 minutes to complete and about the same amount of time to enter in online. The cost of the copies/printing are reimbursed, along with the costs for one of the allowed suggested-sell items. You then ask a simple question about mailboxes or shipping and that's it.

The only hiccup I have ever encountered was at a location that did not print out files from a CD. I wasn't expecting it and had never asked what to do if that situation arises (i.e., do I find something small to buy so that I have a receipt to enter). I only did it two weeks ago, so I don't yet know if I will be paid for it.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  1:59:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDQuiring
There are no other shoppers in our area so they will have to sit and hold those shops.

LOL! No kidding there is nobody down there! They have called me before to do Pipestone, Luverne, Fairmont, etc! (these locations are about 180 miles away from me...one way...)
I don't like the FF too much because you can't take kids with you. My kiddos are superglued to me. Can't leave them home. Oh well...

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  5:55:51 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Online Security Notice
Hi Guys,
Important notice - please read:
GAPbuster Worldwide endeavours to protect our mystery shoppers from fraudulent acts, by bringing the latest issues to your attention whenever possible. For more information on how to safeguard your privacy and security online, please copy the URL into your web browser http://www.xec.gapbuster.com/notes/en-us/SecurityAlert.htm Please see below details of recent fraudulent emails that have been circulating:

16 September 2008 – Mystery shopping jobs for Wal-mart, Target or Macy stores and Money Gram. This email appears to have originated from JamesMarc@gapbuster.com . They are fraudulently claiming to represent GAPbuster Worldwide. The email encourages mystery shoppers to send their personal details via email and once they receive the shopper’s details, they send a second email from gapbusterworldwide12@gmail.com . The second email outlines details about a mystery shopping job that requires the recipient to transfer money via the MONEYGRAM services, then send them a list of the stores you visited and they will reimburse you via post. This email is fraudulent and has not originated from GAPbuster. Please do not respond to or forward any personal details to this email.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

PennyT
Contributor

CA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  6:11:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
There is no way I am going to stand in line and start clicking a Stop watch.

I have a timex Iron man watch. It has a split timer. I do lots of FF shops with it. You just set it to Chrono mode and discreetly hit the split button. It stores a record of all of your timings for that shop. They would be called laps. When I do a certain FF shop I have about seven timings to remember. I don't have to worry as it is in my watch. It is not hard to learn. This is the first digital watch I have ever owned.

Penny in NorCal
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  6:17:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looking at a wristwatch for your timings is much more obvious than the simple click of a stopwatch. The click will not be heard. Try an experiment and bring a digital recorder into any FF place and play it back later. You will be shocked at how noisy most public places are.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums