Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  6:48:17 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my first project with them. I had to go to 6!! stores before I found one that sold a one pound bag of rice. Anyone else have this problem? Then the address they gave me was wrong!

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  9:36:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne what I meant was no one close. The ones I do are also in Iowa and MN but I do not do them until they call me and give me a good bonus on them. They only let me do one in a time slot so it does not pay to drive very far unless I have other shops to do at the same time and can be sure that I will be in those towns at the right time. I drove to Worthington to do the one they did not want to pay me for. 45 miles each way.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  11:16:22 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quinn

Looking at a wristwatch for your timings is much more obvious than the simple click of a stopwatch. The click will not be heard. Try an experiment and bring a digital recorder into any FF place and play it back later. You will be shocked at how noisy most public places are.

I agree. Looking at your watch several times during a shop is a lot more obvious than discreetly hitting a small button on your watch to start/stop/lap times. And it gets much easier to do after a while. I hardly give it a second thought these days.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  11:22:52 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellen Christian

I just did my first project with them. I had to go to 6!! stores before I found one that sold a one pound bag of rice. Anyone else have this problem? Then the address they gave me was wrong!

I don't know if you have heard, but there is actually a rice shortage in the world right now. This is why it's getting more and more difficult to find a one-pound bag of rice.

While I have not done these rice shipping shops, others here have mentioned sending one-pound bags of beans or other dried items in place of rice. Send an e-mail to GAP and ask them if it's okay to send a bag of beans or other similar item if the store you go to doesn't have rice. Once you have permission, then your days of going to six different stores should be over.

If this rice shipping assignment is one you take on a regular basis, consider buying a few bags of rice/beans/whatever at one time. They will store well and it will save you from making a trip to the store each time you take a shop. In addition, stop off at one of the shipping stores you haven't mystery shopped recently and buy a few of the correct sized boxes to keep at home. Doing both of these should save you a lot of extra work.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Camille Brown
Valued Contributor

Springfield, MO
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  5:35:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I buy three of the one pound bags of rice and three of the correct size boxes at a time at WalMart. Both are under $1 each.

Camille Brown
Go to Top of Page

RBSawyer
Contributor

Naples, FL
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  6:16:41 PM  Send RBSawyer an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can't help but laugh remembering how hard a time I had when I first did these shops and the amount of time and effort it took to get that rice! I did finally find some, and the last time I did these shops, they actually had the bags at our regular grocery store. It is one of the odder assignments though.

Robyn B Sawyer
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2008 :  7:18:00 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Important notice for all McDonald's Shoppers
We have had a large number of invalid McDonald's assignments this month. To help you avoid having an invalid assignment, donít forget to:

- Complete your assignment alone (children/babies are not permitted)

- Double-check the location of your store (make sure you have the correct store)

- Purchase only the items specified in your instructions. Ordering extra items or items not listed in your instructions will make your assignment invalid

- Complete this job within the timeframe specified

- Stay in the store for a minimum of 15 minutes

- Pay by cash only (Do not use cards or vouchers)

- Collect a receipt for your order. If the attendant does not offer you a receipt, you must ask for one. (Remember Ė if you donít have a receipt your job is invalid)

- Return to the counter and ask for the correct meal if the order given to you is incorrect.

- Taste your meal as soon as possible.

- Fill out the survey as soon as you are out of sight (so you donít forget any of the details)

- Use a digital timing device or stop watch to record exact times to the second. Wristwatches with a second hand, a fob watch, a wall clock are all INVALID timing devices.

- Submit your results online and upload your receipt electronically within 8 hours of completing your assignment.

- Please make sure you read your instructions before every assignment, as these instructions may change for each assignment.

- Also make sure you enter your data correctly - it would be a pity if we made your assignment invalid only because of a data entry error.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

Frederick_W
Contributor

Allentown, PA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  3:05:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too have gotten the axe, and think it is really unfair, especially since I picked up two shops for them next month. I have no idea why I am no longer needed, but I think the company can give a better explanation then updating their shopper database. I can only assume it is because I am 61 years old.

Frederick
MSPA Gold Certified
Allentown Pa and Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  5:26:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederick_W

I can only assume it is because I am 61 years old.

If this is the reason, then they are not in touch with who their customers are. On the breakfast shops I have done the majority of customers that are at this time are well over 61 years old and in their late 80's and proud to tell you. I find them a refreshing and wonderful group to meet, they are polite, pleasant and include you in their conversation.
Go to Top of Page

Tina At Home
Contributor

St Clair Shores, MI
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  6:19:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PennyT,

Thanks for mentioning that was called Lap timing. I saw that on my phone before and went back to look at it. SURE ENOUGH!! I can hit the side button and it keeps track of the different clicks. Thanks again. I just may take a FF job now.
Tina

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Frederick_W
Contributor

Allentown, PA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  12:16:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm, something is going on... I just noticed that I was re-instated with this company. I understand the need to go over their shopper database, but they really need to be careful what notices they send out, and at least answer email questions. Had I not attempted to log back into their site, I would have never known that I was re-instated, nor would I have known that the 2 shops that were assigned to me, are STILL assigned. Not sure if the email went out in error, but it really makes a person wonder where they stand with this company, whether they are no longer need, or whether they are needed, With the message this company sent out and the lack of response to questions in the last few days. It seems they simply re-instated me, without even notifying me if this is the case or as to why I was removed in the first place.

Frederick
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  05:14:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Frederick, can you assign new shops, or were you simply given access to the site because they expect you to perform the two shops you were already assigned?

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Frederick_W
Contributor

Allentown, PA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  2:48:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have no idea, because noone is replying to my emails. So I dunno if I am just going to be re-instated to complete the two shops I am schedualed for, or if I am permenently re-instated.

Frederick
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  9:23:41 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Frederick,
Please send me your shopper code so I can look into this for you. It sounds very unusual to me; therefore I would like to investigate what the issue is here.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

Linda York

NY
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  9:53:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There IS NOT a rice shortage in America, but in some of the Third World countries.

At the beginning I bought 1-lb boxes of rice instead, but they're harder to pack. I asked GB about using beans, but my query was never answered. I did finally find one market that carries 1-lb bags, an oddball package here in NY.

Has anyone else experienced GB NOT answering emails? I don't do many shops for them.
Go to Top of Page

Mildred
Contributor

NC
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  03:40:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too got the axe. Mine came after I received a call on Sunday evening asking me to do a shop the following day. The shop did have a good bonus, but I was already working a tight schedule and would have had to cancel a higher paying job had I accepted - so I declined. Two days later I received the email telling me that my services were no longer needed.
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  3:56:55 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Mildred,

At GAP, we do not remove shoppers from our database for simply declining a job. We are well aware that shoppers have a world outside of mystery shopping and obviously have other important commitments. Shoppers are only every removed from our database once our Shopper Quality Team conduct their research and analysis. There is an lengthy process for removing shoppers, this doesn't just happen over night. I can assure you that rejected a job had nothing to do with removing your account. It's just a coincident!

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

Frederick_W
Contributor

Allentown, PA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  6:49:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan I have sent you an email

Frederick
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Camille Brown
Valued Contributor

Springfield, MO
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  11:40:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was called a couple of weeks ago and asked to do two shops the next day in a town about 40 miles from me. There were reasonably bonused, so I agreed to help out. I entered the first and went to enter the second. I got an error message that said the second had already been entered. I realized immediately I had reversed the information. While I was pondering what to do, I got a call from GAP. The caller said he would delete the info on my first shop and allow me to reenter the correct info. I was quite appreciative of his doing this since the error was totally mine. I might mention that the shops are entered by assignment number rather than address, so one needs to be careful that the correct shop is entered.

Camille Brown
Go to Top of Page

CarolynV
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
255 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  2:43:34 PM  Visit CarolynV's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have applied and never once heard back fomgapbuster either saing I have been rejected or to acknowledge the fact they received my application.Common courtesy would dictate that you are at least acknowledged for showing interest in working for them. Whether they have any shops available in a highly rural state is another matter....

Carolyn
Gold certified MSPA shopper in Oklahoma
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums