Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  6:15:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well suzann I find that there has to be some strange reasonings then,because I never did anything wrong, in fact I "helped out" quite a few times...only to be "unsubscribed"....no email nothing....just an inactivated number one day all of a sudden.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Mildred
Contributor

NC
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  1:20:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If declining the job had nothing to do with me being removed, then what did. Granted I have done very few shops for Gapbusters, but then you only have the one client in my area which normally is very low pay. The person that called me seemed to think that because it had a good bonus I should jump at it and I probably would have if it had been possible for me to do the job on such short notice. He commented more than once that it had a _______ bonus as thought that was supposed to change everything.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  10:38:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarolynV
Whether they have any shops available in a highly rural state is another matter....

They have shops in OK.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

DebbiePete

Slidell, LA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  3:01:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too was deactivated. I have never declined a job for them or had any issues.
When I asked why I was told they would look into it, never got an answer. I am not surpised.
Go to Top of Page

Mildred
Contributor

NC
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  06:17:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I asked for a reason that I was deactivated. They replied that they could not share such sensitive information. Then gave reasons that people are removed. None of them could have possibly applied to me so I am still convinced that it was because I declined to do their last minute shop.
Go to Top of Page

.KimSVision
Star Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  3:05:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mildred

I asked for a reason that I was deactivated. They replied that they could not share such sensitive information. Then gave reasons that people are removed. None of them could have possibly applied to me so I am still convinced that it was because I declined to do their last minute shop.

Hi Mildred! I received this e-mail today.

Dear Kim,

Thank you for being a mystery shopper for GAPbuster Worldwide.

Following good practice measures, our clients require us to continually provide a broad range of shoppers to complete their evaluations; therefore we periodically review our shopper database. This is a great way to ensure GAPbuster delivers consistent quality results to our clients.

As a result we often remove shoppers from our system, and in this instance, unfortunately you will not be required to conduct any further assignments for GAPbuster Worldwide. We sincerely thank you for your continued efforts to improve the shopping experience for all customers.

We hope your GAPbuster shopping experience has been fun.

Best regards,
USA Shopper Team

FUN????? I've never shopped for them in my life!
I applied a year or two ago, but never accepted any of their FF shops.

I guess I shouldn't expect to hear from them anytime soon.

Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  4:33:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got this email AGAIN today too, and I got the same one a couple of months ago...I guess they don't even know who they've already deactivated! I would NEVER shop for them again, no matter what. I never refused anything and the jobs that I had done for them were done correctly and on time.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

TammiT
Contributor

Paramus, New Jersey
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  06:14:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that there aren't any available shops for them in my area. Wonder if its because its the end of the year?

Tammi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Joyce in Maine
Valued Contributor

Maine
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  4:14:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having payment issues with them. I completed my first job with them on 10/11 and I still have not received payment. I sent them an email thru their system about three days ago, but I haven't heard anything.

Joyce

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

JudieS

Hometown
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  6:52:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was in early September when I was told that because I 'had failed to complete a shop' that I was being deactivated. I checked the board to see if I had scheduled a job then flaked (because I could not believe that I had skipped something) and could not find anything. I then asked when I had 'flaked' on a shop because I could not find anything on their site. Their response was "you could not find anything on our site because you flaked and we have removed you." Well - since I could not remember scheduling/then flaking a job I guess they are the flakes.
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  12:02:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KimSVision and Mildred,

I am relatively new to mystery shopping, and haven't worked with this one yet, but I can see the problem with this company:

It looks as if they have an automated deactivator. Such impersonal business makes email and internet types of communication cold and unprofessional.

Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  10:03:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EliseSm
Such impersonal business makes email and internet types of communication cold and unprofessional.

I think we can all agree that GAPbuster is not one of those companies that are warm and fuzzy!
I don't know about unprofessional, but cold for sure!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  10:41:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you've ever spoken to one of Gabpuster's employees on the phone, you will most likely agree that they are not cold. The ones I've dealt with were always pleasant, friendly and, ooohh, that accent is dreamy.

However, their system is cold and weird too!!!

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  04:33:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Accents are an everyday thing for me, literally! That just doesn't do it for me.
As for the employees on the phone, sure they're nice. The system of automatic deactivation is still cold, as is the fact that they do not answer inquiries (oops, I meant enquiries ) for days, if not more.

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

TammiT
Contributor

Paramus, New Jersey
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  11:59:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone this area see new assignments? Every day when I check I get a message that no assignments are available in my area. However I get an email stating that a shop is available (of course its an advert from ShadowShopper).

Does anyone know whats going on with GAP?

Also noticed the price seems to be lower and lower for the rice shop.

Tammi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  6:37:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsJudi

If you've ever spoken to one of Gabpuster's employees on the phone, you will most likely agree that they are not cold. The ones I've dealt with were always pleasant, friendly and, ooohh, that accent is dreamy.

I will take shops from their schedulers that I'd turn down with other companies...because I just LOOOOOVE to hear from them on the phone. I actually told one caller to keep offering me locations because I wanted to hear his voice longer. Think I got 3 locations, all bonused, that night. Sigh.

They called tonight again, too.

Oh, and for what it's worth, my enquiries are answered within 24 hours. Occasionally I've had one answered by a phone call, since I needed the answer quickly. I don't know why others have different experiences, but I'm sure glad that I get responses.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

INJohn
Contributor

IN
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  7:32:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shopped for Gapbuster only a couple of times when I first began MSing. I didn't like their system at all. There were errors in the system that would not allow me to input correct answers. I noted the errors in my report and in a separate email.

I conducted a 2nd shop for them a few days later and the errors were still there. I felt the errors took from the integrity of the shops. At that time, I decided to stop shopping for them.

John
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1886 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  3:39:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karen in IL

I will take shops from their schedulers that I'd turn down with other companies...because I just LOOOOOVE to hear from them on the phone. I actually told one caller to keep offering me locations because I wanted to hear his voice longer. Think I got 3 locations, all bonused, that night. Sigh.

karen

LOL Karen. Except I haven't heard from Raj in a very long time. Does he still work there? The others are nice, but Raj was great to talk to and automatically added bonus money.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

LoriB23
Valued Contributor

Louisiana
USA
110 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  6:45:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was deactivated too. I don't know why, either. I didn't even bother to ask why. It was after Katrina and I was out of my mind so.... I just forgot all about it, until now. I am signed up with so many companies... (wow! that's bad)

Lori
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

David Richard
Valued Contributor

Providence, Rhode Island
USA
207 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  7:42:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shops are few and far between in my area too. In other words, zero, zip, nada.

They must have lost their clients that are in my area.

Happily shopping
Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums