Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  7:47:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ah, another voice person!! Karen, I too take shops from schedulers based on their voices! And yes, it has gotten me in trouble a couple times.
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Cassada
Valued Contributor

Rio Grande, NJ
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  11:39:31 PM  Send Jennifer Cassada an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always saw a ton of shops (far far away from me) with premium payment of 40+ to send a freaking pound of rice and now there is nothing.

There used to be a lot of premium jobs that were no where near me, but sometimes the bonuses were almost worth making a trip for. I haven't seen anything worth anything in quite a while.

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
Go to Top of Page

Mildred
Contributor

NC
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  06:28:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim,
Your email is identical to the one that I received. I can understand them purging their database of inactive shoppers, but I still think that my deactivation was due to declining the last minute shop. I would not normally turn down a shop 8 blocks from me with a $40 bonus, but in this case I would have had to cancel a couple of shops that totaled $60 payment. I still think it was due to declining the shop because when I ask for a reason I was told that they could not disclose such sensitive information. In my opinion, that was their way of not admitting that I was deactivated because I declined the last minute shop.
Go to Top of Page

TammiT
Contributor

Paramus, New Jersey
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  08:55:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL..I thought I had missed something....

Its Monday and my brain is still stuck on Duh!

I hope that job isn't gone as they were easy-peasy and the form was easy to work with.

Tammi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Cassada
Valued Contributor

Rio Grande, NJ
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  10:07:21 AM  Send Jennifer Cassada an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote

The only thing I'm seeing is the FF shop, there are over 900, but only in about 25 states, none of which are any where near my. I don't see any of the shipping ones, but I may just not be able to see them.

The site still took forever to load, don't know what's up with that.

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
Go to Top of Page

Corlana M

North Country, NY
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  10:28:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen anything on the site lately. The last time I did a rice shop for them, the job wasn't on the board, but they called and asked me to do it. Since the scheduler offered me a very nice bonus, and since it was right beside a paint shop that I had already scheduled, I took it. Those rice shops are easy.
Then the scheduler added that they would also pay me for a shop that I had done several months before which hadn't yet been paid. I had completely forgotten about that one. (I had to update my payment info.)

Corky in North Country NY
Go to Top of Page

Tristina

Derby City, KY
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  12:15:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I apologize if this has already been addressed in this thread, but I have a question about an e-mail I received from this company. I assume this is legitimate, but I want to be sure:

Dear Tristina,

In order to deliver you an efficient and reliable payment service, we have recently updated our payment system.

As part of this upgrade, we are now required to collect your Social Security number. This additional information will help us minimise the potential for payment errors; meaning accurate and timely payments for you.

Please provide your Social Security number by Wednesday 14th of January. It will eventually be mandatory for all shoppers to provide their Social Security number; so why not update it now.

Follow these 5 easy steps to update your details:
1. Log-on to www.xec.gapbuster.com
2. Go to "My Profile"
3. Click on “Update”
4. Enter your Social Security number
5. While you're there, review all other personal and banking information to ensure it's up-to-date

Thank you for helping to improve our service, your assistance is much appreciated.

Best regards,

US Shopper Team
GAPbuster Worldwide

Tristina
Gold Certified 2004
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  08:56:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Christina
Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  08:59:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Whenever I receive those emails, I usually don't use the link in the email but open the page as I usually would and enter the required information. This assures me I am not being led to a false web-site. I also received this email from GapBuster- I went to the site directly and updated. I didn't use the link in the email just in case.....

Chrissy in TX
Go to Top of Page

Tristina

Derby City, KY
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  7:54:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christina

Whenever I receive those emails, I usually don't use the link in the email but open the page as I usually would and enter the required information. This assures me I am not being led to a false web-site. I also received this email from GapBuster- I went to the site directly and updated. I didn't use the link in the email just in case.....

Well, when I tried that, going directly to their site, I saw no place for shoppers to log in. And I don't have a link to their site from any other e-mail. I thank you for your reply.

Tristina
Gold Certified 2004
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  8:02:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
LOL Karen. Except I haven't heard from Raj in a very long time. Does he still work there? The others are nice, but Raj was great to talk to and automatically added bonus money.
I think I heard from Raj fairly recently, but I can't remember for sure. I noticed that I missed a call from them yesterday :<

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1886 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  11:34:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Had a non-Raj call last week. Polite, funny, and offering me several assignments. Since I'm used to Raj, I just took them without asking about compensation. My bad . Yes, there were bonuses, but not much. Because of the new meal requirements, I won't take these any more without an additional fee. With the "good stuff" no longer an option to purchase, I can't mentally include the meal as payment.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  11:50:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree the meal is not part of the job payment. You are buying a meal for them ,not you, you cant evaluate the service without it

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Camille Brown
Valued Contributor

Springfield, MO
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  06:23:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I, too, am disappointed not to see the rice shops. Just purchased several packages of rice and boxes too. Anyone seen these shops elsewhere? If so, please give us a clue where.

Camille Brown
Go to Top of Page

Tracie
Valued Contributor

Oswego, IL
USA
235 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  10:33:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was called by a scheduler last week to do a shop. He begged me to take this shop, and promised a $20 bonus. I had it on my schedule, and made sure my hsuband could get home in time to watch the kids, since the shop says "no kids". Two days before I was supposed to do the shop, I was called by the same scheduler. He asked if I could pick up another shop. Since I had no childcare for that day, I had to say "no". He said that if I couldn't take that shop, then I couldn't do my assigned shop because a shopper flaked on that location a few days prior, and he had to get somebody else to cover it, now the shops would be too close together. He ended the call by saying, "If I can't find anyone to do the shop, you can still do it. Check your email tomorrow to find out." The email never came, but I saw on the shopper board it was "canceled". I'm being punished because another shopper flaked. What a pain. I don't think I'll work for this company again.

Tracie
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  08:10:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me if they have found a way to update their information on GapBuster? I signed up and going through the questionnaire they ask if any of your family works for one of the companies they do business for. I checked no. My son then went and got a job with that particular FF company. Now I don't think it would be right for me to evaluate them but I still only see that particular company listed. Just wondering if I tell them that my son works for the company they may delete it from my possibilities so I don't know when it is being shopped. Doesn't seem right that I know.

Cassy.

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  11:39:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sometimes you want to be able to talk to someone directly, This company hides behind their website and it can be real frustrating when something goes wrong. It is hard to contact someone when the website is not user friendly. You would think that the size of this company there would be a freephone number for shoppers.
They are quick to ring you when they want a urgent shop done,But to get back to them you have to jump through hoops and maybe they will get back to you. This is the only company I work for that you cant contact directly.
Other companys have the phone number on the emails.
Maybe they just dont want to talk to shoppers

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Thomas in Windsor

Windsor, Ontario
Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  1:55:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi just wondering how there Paycycle is. They are supposed to pay on the 24th but i dont see it on my Account yet
Go to Top of Page

VJarrett

Miami, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  11:14:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for them in the past. I got paid fairly quickly.

Victoria
Go to Top of Page

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  8:33:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When one of the Gap rep's called asking me to pick up a job he had an accent, she while he was "checking on something" I ask about the accent he said he was in Australia, I said really he said they were located there and that is why there is no numbers to call. Not sure if he was pulling my leg but I do know that same accent has been on the other end of the phone many times after that call from gap.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.43 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums