MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  3:54:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DHall

When one of the Gap rep's called asking me to pick up a job he had an accent, she while he was "checking on something" I ask about the accent he said he was in Australia, I said really he said they were located there and that is why there is no numbers to call. Not sure if he was pulling my leg but I do know that same accent has been on the other end of the phone many times after that call from gap.

They aren't kidding, they really are an Australian company.

Has anyone done a rice shop this year? There are none at all in my area...

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

EmilyMtr
Valued Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
204 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  08:33:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, I've been with Gap for over 1 yr now, did several shops and then got their famous 'we don't need you anymore letter.' What really gets me upset is that THEY called me 2 days ago and offered me 4 bonused jobs and now they are gone. Is there any way to ever get back in again, or are you off their list forever?
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  7:14:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gap changed almost a year ago to paying once a month on the 20th of the month by direct deposit.

I love direct deposit!!

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

Mar
Contributor

PR
USA
91 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  10:47:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is the rice shop still available? I have not seen one in my area since last summer.
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Cassada
Valued Contributor

Rio Grande, NJ
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  3:20:16 PM  Send Jennifer Cassada an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't see any of the rice shops, I only see the FF shops.

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
Go to Top of Page

DMarkD
Apprentice

Springfield, IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  07:38:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were one of the first companies I signed up with. I have done many fast food shops for them, find them easy to contact and work with, and I have gotten paid. They do not do Paypal, which I prefer, but they have direct deposited two checks in my account.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  05:43:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I need to learn to assume nothing. Gapbuster direct deposits have been on exactly the 20th of every month for quite a long time for me. So I took a fine dining shop for tonight since I figured I'd have the extra money from the GB payment. Wouldn't it figure, for the first time in months the GB payment has not hit on the 20th.

So tonight I'll have to use the salad as the appetizer, the pasta instead of the filet, and domestic beer instead of wine. Sheesh.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

RBSawyer
Contributor

Naples, FL
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  09:55:46 AM  Send RBSawyer an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or are they not offering jobs in Florida anymore? I used to shop for them all the time, but I've seen no jobs here in awhile.

Robyn B Sawyer
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  6:23:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On Sunday night, a scheduler called me to assign 4 shops in my area. One particular shop at location A was supposed to be assigned for breakfast on Monday morning.
When I went to print my paperwork on Monday morning, it had been assigned for dinner instead.
I sent an inquiry but did not receive a response on time. Unsure whether or not they would pay me if I went, I did not go.
After much back and forth e-mailing through the inquiry system, I got the shop rescheduled for Wednesday the 22nd.
I also had another shop at location B scheduled for this morning breakfast.
Well, you've guessed it, I went to location A this morning because that's what I had in my mind. So now I have to get them to reschedule location B for tomorrow.

Did you follow all that? It's confusing me too. I hope they can understand what happen and that this won't penalize me too badly.

What annoys me here is that, sure, the mistake was mine, no doubt about it.
However, if the scheduler had done his job right in the first place, I would not be in this mess. Argh!!!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  6:39:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, they are definitely on the very top of my list tonight.
A rep from GAPBuster called me just now to tell me that she understood there was a mix-up with the dates and that she would have been confused also. She rescheduled the assignments as needed, thanked me for my work and assured me that it will not negatively affect my rating with them as there is a valid reason for the reschedules.
How about that? Top company for sure.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

RBrance
Trainee

Needles, California
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  11:48:41 AM  Send RBrance an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having problems logging into the site? Last week I tried but the "sign in" button did not indicate you could click on it. I tried again a few minutes ago and the same thing is happening. I did the "forgot" password to see if they had reset it but the same thing is happening.
Thanks for any help on this. :)

Rachel
Go to Top of Page

AmeeL
Apprentice

Taylorville, IL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  1:11:04 PM  Send AmeeL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been shopping for GAP for 3 months now...all FAST_FOOD's shops. I have never had a problem they have not fixed for me, although because I used to work at a college and someone recognized me a shop got thrown out. (stupid me for mentioning)

Go to Top of Page

EricNY
Contributor

Long Island, NY
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  10:14:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done any shops for this company in NY? I just applied for this company and did all the orientations. Now when I look at the "regions" that they have listed the closest state I can find is PA. Even the region that PA is listed in doesn't seem like it would include NY anyway. Any feedback here would be appreciated!

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified and shopping NY/NJ
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  11:08:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,

They used to have a few clients with lots of shops in the NY metro area, but have since lost them. That doen't mean that they won't get new ones again, so it never hurts to sign up with new companies. You never know when something will pop up.

Gapbuster is one of the quirkier firms out there..something interesting usually happens when shopping with them, ie phone calls from Australia, weird shop report system, foreign expressions..makes life interesting.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  10:22:18 AM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Contacting GAPbuster was occasionally an issue when I had a problem with a shop, but they always paid on time and the shops and reports were easy.

They recently changed the look of their shopping portal, and it now only lists areas where they currently have available shops. As far as I know, they still have fast food burger shops in a few states, so once the latest round of shops are released the available states should show up. So keep checking to see what happens.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Jessie D-P
Apprentice

Federal Way, WA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  11:02:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The FF shops are fair enough, not my fave but always good for a lunch in your respective shopping area for a day...but I LOVE getting a "we really need your help" call from AUS.....I'm not sure if its the same guy, but I just LOVE listening to him say he NEEDS me

Oh! One problem that is recurring: they have recently updated their evals to skip over sections that are NA. But I do a lot of store within a store that don't have bathrooms and for some reason no combination of my answers, including repeating the same answer twice, doesnt get accepted by the computer. Easy shop, frustrating eval form sometimes.

Jessie D-P
jjwineaux
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  4:47:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've notice the restroom problem as well. I do one location inside a gas station. The restrooms are most definitely part of the station, but the form will not accept any version of the answer. I just put that I visited, they were clean, and then put the true answer in the comments to Gapbuster section. Next time around..same issue.

If that's the only problem I have, I'm happy. I love the phone calls as well.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

HeidiTi
Contributor

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  6:36:44 PM  Send HeidiTi an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty good with accents, but the people that call me are nearly impossible to understand. They can't understand me and my thick Northern North American dialect and I can't make out half of what they are saying. I think it is partly a bad phone connection, and I know the people phoning me are NOT native Australians. If they were I'd understand some of what they are saying like I can my Aussie friends here. I wish they'd use e-mail!

Ms. Heidi
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  10:58:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had the same problem with the FF shop that I had. It was located in a food court. The location did not have a restroom. I tried for 10 minutes using every combination I could think of that properly reported the situation. I didnt have any luck so I did what you did.

This is also how GB said to report the situation.

I also like how GB modified the reprt so you dont have to answer the questions if the location does not have a drive up.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  06:14:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email this AM from them stating that they have reviewed their shopper data base and I am no longer going to be assigned a particular vehicle shop, based on my track record on that shop. I have never, ever, applied for, much less done, one of those shops. Maybe everything really is upside down in australia

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums