Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  06:43:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a simialr email about no longer being able to be assigned to a certain client...one that I've never even heard of!! No great loss, since I don't do those anyway. It must be some automatic purging or something.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  07:46:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi

I live in Minnesota and got the same email..never have seen the vehicle shop let alone done one???
Something screwy in Australia

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  09:46:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same situation here. I suspect they just made an error and sent the email to all their shoppers instead of the ones they meant to.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

HeidiTi
Contributor

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  12:02:57 PM  Send HeidiTi an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't login to their website anymore because the button you click after you put in your credentials doesn't work. It's the strangest thing. Their response is even stranger, upgrade to IE 8.

Ms. Heidi
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  12:35:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I feel unloved. I didn't get an email from them telling me anything.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  6:15:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Denise,

Fear not. We are the unloved. You must still be in the good graces of those upside-down folks.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

NatashaM

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  9:48:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received an email from them about being deactivated and journeyed over here to see what was going on. The email, which I thought was a bit heavy handed, stated, "Unfortunately, you will not be able to re-register with us. This decision is final and can not be challenged."
It's very odd because I have never had any issues with them. I've done work for them, always completed and entered on time; everyone there always seemed nice. They haven't contacted me lately, and I haven't seen jobs in my area, so I'm not sure if that's why. It seems odd to me.
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  08:58:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had a shop invalidated by Gapbuster because of an error made by the store employee?

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Saz
Apprentice

Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  08:36:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had a shop questioned several times by them after the report was not perfect. I was able to back up all my statements with details. After my shop was still questioned, I emailed back with the reasons why I thought the report wasn't perfect (the FF place was really busy and the employees were rushed and not rude etc etc) the shop was accepted and I was paid.

Silver certified in Edmonton, AB
Go to Top of Page

LorettaG
Valued Contributor

MO
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  4:26:21 PM  Send LorettaG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just applied with them and they told me that I did not meet their criteria and therefore they could not approve my application. Was it something I said?? I currently contract with dozens of other MS companies and have never been formally rejected.

Loretta
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  3:08:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am still having problems with GapBuster and have not received payment. They said that I was paid "for your August assignments on 17 September 2009" but my bank says I wasn't. I have now contacted them on three separate occasions and have only gotten a response to the first e-mail that says I was paid. I did check their website and all of my bank account information on the site is correct.

Does anyone have a phone number for them that I can actually call?

Glad I stopped at five shops and waited for payment.

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  1:32:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the world of Gapbusters, Dont call us, we might call you, if we think you are right
I had a pay query with them about 18 months ago and they made all sorts of promises, I,m still waiting, not holding my breath though. If you want to talk to someone on the phone, my experience tell me you have more chance of winning Lotto, without a ticket. Its the only company I know that has no phone contact

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  1:35:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did get another response:

"Please ensure that your account is a checking account (we DO NOT accept
savings or credit unions accounts), must be with a major USA bank and
must accept international money transfers."

Maybe I missed something but I never saw on the site that it had to be a checking account. I am scared to give them my families checking account number. I have set up a saving account for all my MS money and have never had this issue before. Also my bank account is at my local Hometown bank, not a "major USA bank"

Anyone ever have problems giving them their bank information? Should I be worried?

ARGH. Never again...again.

Check this FF place off my list of shops to do.

Cassy
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  8:20:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My money (from Gapbuster) goes into an ING account and then I transfer it over to wherever I want (or pay a bill with it). I do very well working for Gapbuster and would not want to check it off my list.

That said other companies direct deposit into my checking account -- including my husband's employer. Just seems to be the way of the world now.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  9:25:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cassey -

I haven't had an assignment this year, but I did several last year. My bank is at best described as a regional bank (more like a several county bank), and money flowed into my checking account flawlessly. I thank any US bank with an ABA routing code will work just fine. I'll bet that I could use my credit union account since it has an ABA routing code, but I just don't.

Find a local bank that will give you a free checking account, and use it just for these purposes. Some will actually give you free checking if you have direct deposit once a month - although I have never tried to see if these count. I rely upon being youth-challenged to qualify for free checking.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  05:00:27 AM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cassy, I do remember seeing that "checking account / major bank only" information when I first started with GAPbuster, but it's been so long now I couldn't tell you where I saw it.

I agree with Harvey about getting a free checking account just to use for MSing. Most every major bank now has either outright free checking or a checking account that is free so long as you have at least one direct deposit a month and/or use your Debit Card five times a month. One bank I'm with considers a deposit from PayPal to be a Direct Deposit, so I'm able to meet the requirement by just simply moving money from my PayPal account to my checking account.

As for a phone number, they do have one posted on their Website (770-781-3181). It is the number to the US office of the company (the company is based out of Australia). However, I do not know if this number can handle shopper issues, much less payroll issues (payroll originates out of Australia).

Good luck.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  4:37:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just want to let everyone know that I am still struggling with this company for payment. I could post all the e-mails here but the long and short of it.

I did four assignments in August. They never showed up in the September payment. I was told that it was due to my savings account and not checking account. I did two more assignments in September before the problem with the payments. I was paid ON TIME in October for the September payments into the Savings Account. I spoke with them about not being paid for August they said I needed to change my account number and would be paid in November. I changed my account number even though I was paid just fine in the savings account for Septembers job. Now November has come and past and I have still not been paid for August shops. I was just told today that I would have to wait until DECEMBER 20 oh but they are paying early because of the holidays. FOUR MONTHS outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never shop with this company again. Sometimes I chose to take shops that I know take months to pay but I have a feeling I will not be paid by this company.

Am I the only one having these problems???? I still have all seven e-mails back and forth with them but it is getting me no where.

Cassy.

Cassy
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  10:06:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I receive lots of phone calls from these people each month. They call to clear up any stragglers that they have laying around. I deal with them by asking if there is a bonus. I feel that if they need the job done are are calling folks, they should be willing to bonus it.

Right?

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  08:21:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a very poorly run company, glad I left them when i did...

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  10:44:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have found them quite nice to work with and polite when they call and email. They are working in a totally different time zone and I found them to do quite well under those circumstances. My inquiries have been answered, if one was missed, they apologized for the loss, not accuse me of not sending it. If a mistake is made on the time/date/bonus they correct it or work with you to keep the shop.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums