Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  02:16:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now it is December and I am still waiting for my August Payments. Guess this one will soon be written down as a loss on the tax statements. Just don't know what else can be done. I have contacted them no less than 15 times in the past three months.

Shopper beware!

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  06:43:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised that you haven't had better luck with them. I usually get paid quickly and don't have to track them down. I am always sad to hear that some folks have these issues.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2009 :  3:12:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone get paid for December yet? The last e-mail I had from them stated I would get paid in December around the 20th. I did send them an e-mail the end of last week asking if I would get the payment this month and didn't hear back from them.

Cassy
Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2009 :  3:45:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My direct deposit was in the bank on Friday the 18 th.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2009 :  9:34:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmilyMtr

So, I've been with Gap for over 1 yr now, did several shops and then got their famous 'we don't need you anymore letter.' What really gets me upset is that THEY called me 2 days ago and offered me 4 bonused jobs and now they are gone. Is there any way to ever get back in again, or are you off their list forever?

I don't think so. You work with them for a long time, build up what you think is a great relationship by taking the less-good shops, then you decline a few times for whatever reason, and you get the "Thank you for your past service, but it's no longer required."

It's an interesting business model.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  02:09:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm really thinking I should just sign up for their shops and then flake out on them. I'm so angry that I just don't know what to do next. I have the promises each month of being paid and haven't been.

Cassy
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  12:21:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cassy, have you asked Gapbuster if they show the August payment as being returned since your bank did not receive it?

Have you called Gapbuster? If so what did they say?

Have you tried calling the fast food shop's corporate office based out of Illinois?

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  1:23:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still no payment for my August shops.

Richard, Yes, I did tell them that I was not paid for the August shops and they confirmed that the payment was returned by my bank. This doesn't make sense as the September shops got paid without a hitch, same bank account number as the August shops.

I have not called them they have no phone number. I have e-mailed and received responses from three different people, Reid, Aneesha, and Anna - Marie. All promised payments the next month and none have followed through. I just sent them another e-mail but expect the same response that I have been getting a bunch of empty promises.

I have tried to contact MSPA and don't know what if anything they do but their website is down for maintenance.

I know so many others won't agree with me, but I will feel better this month when I flake on the eight shops I have assigned from them right now. Guess my competition in this area will get higher pay this month if nothing else. I know this is not the ethical thing to do but I'm soooo frustrated and I'm positive I will get a phone call from them soon as the first shop is coming up in the next week.

Cassy
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  07:55:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a few shops for this company but their selection in this area was slim to none. Then I get an email thanking me for past service but my services are no longer required. I don't know what I did other than not take shops that weren't there in the first place. Very strange way to do business.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

DebbiePete

Slidell, LA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  1:26:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also got an email my services were no longer required. They werent a great company to work for, so they surely not missed.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  7:46:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I, too, received this email. I haven't found a shop in my area for months, so I quit looking after a while. This email said that their clients want certain demographics. Then it said I can "never" reapply with them. I don't recall ever having had a bad experience with them or any assignment that went wrong. I thought that perhaps they are no longer working in this country or my demographics included my age, which they don't want. Maybe my race isn't needed. It's weird. What do you all think about a common reason that people are getting booted?

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

Susan R
Trainee

Henderson, NV
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  11:33:43 PM  Send Susan R an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
GapBusters is an Australian company. They do work in the US. Because of the International Date Line, they answer e-mails tomorrow so scheduling and questions can be tricky. They are nice people to work for.

MSPA Gold Certified since 2002.
Go to Top of Page

KBruder1
Contributor

Milwaukee, WI
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  08:35:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just on their site and tried to pick up some jobs. There were none listed in the United States.......are they out of business? This is the second time I have tried to pick up some jobs but there were none listed. Is there something I don't know?

Kris
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  08:38:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think you have to be a little more specific than United States. I was just there a few minutes ago and found the normal available shops. Have you applied and take the quiz?
Go to Top of Page

RobinC

Lexington, KY
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  08:39:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am still shopping for them with no problems. I just checked their site, and there are lots of jobs available in the U.S.

Robin
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Lexington and Central Kentucky
Go to Top of Page

Ari
Apprentice

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  12:33:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too have had payment issues with them in the past. And I did not appreciate getting calls from them on Sunday mornings asking me to visit a FF restaurant for lunch that day with only a small fee of €4 ($5,70), and the FF place being 20 km (12 miles) away. After yet another payment issue I cancelled my 2 scheduled shops with them and was promptly deactivated. Since then, they lost the only client I liked to a company that I like working for, so no big loss for me.

Ari
Shopping the Netherlands since 2006
Go to Top of Page

AndreaStar
Contributor

Bismarck, ND
USA
72 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  11:45:57 AM  Visit AndreaStar's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy working for them. They pay decently, about average for what I've seen in my area. They also don't hesitate to offer a proper bonus for truely out of the way shops - as in, 2.5 hours on the interstate one way, and they can still make it worth my time. And I've never had an issue getting paid. Never. I'm happy to shop for them, and look forward to continuing with them through the new year.
Go to Top of Page

LorettaG
Valued Contributor

MO
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  11:05:47 AM  Send LorettaG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email from them a couple of months ago saying that they needed shoppers, so "please apply." I did, and received a return response that my profile did not fit what they were looking for (whatever that means) . I got another one last week, decided to try again, and got the same response. I won't be doing it a third time....

Loretta
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  2:43:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Which brings me back to my question: Are they deleting people because of their age?

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  01:55:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Loretta,

Don't consider it a big loss. I'm still waiting on the $42.00 that is owed since September for August shops. Yes, they admit it was returned to them from the bank but have yet tried to put it back in my bank. No, I don't think they ever will and I promise I will never shop for them again.

Cassy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums