Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  10:13:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a shop for them and entered everything. Then I found out my shop was rejected. I was told I would still be compensated. I haven't heard anything about that but then I was told I could reshop it and I picked a day to do it. Then I was told another shopper was doing it. I just don't get it. I know I entered the report but who knows where it went.This is part two of message plus they are very hard to get ahold of. Nope! My report disappeared into cyber space never to be seen again!Good luck trying to get ahold of anyone. It took 5 days after my shop to get an e-mail answering my query.
Go to Top of Page

Caren

Port Perry, ON
Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  1:38:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up to do 2 shops in June for them. I'm getting very disconcerted reading the postings on this forum. Is it really worth all the agro for $7.Cnd plus reimbursement

I can't see anywhere on the site to cancel shops either. If you have to wait 5 days for an answer on a shop that you've entered then who knows how long it will take on a cancellation.

Just my worth

MSPA Silver Certified! Shopping Durham Region :)
Go to Top of Page

Shelley62

Rathdrum, ID
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  12:12:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just want to say that I started working for gapbuster last year(that is how I found Volition)they are a great company to work for, not sure how the payments are going to work with the bank direct dep. but they had the fastest turnarounds for payment I have seen since I started.
Here is a Phone number I had from before, not sure if it is still valid but thought I would post it.
866-848-3840
Good luck to you all

Shelley
Silver certified 2004
Go to Top of Page

StephanieEralmad
Apprentice

Cottage Grove, TN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  7:04:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just signed up with them. I do not see any shops in
Tn so i am not going to take there very lenghty training for thier new ff shop. I think Ill wait till they actaually have a shop in my area.

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

TracyZ
Contributor

Buffalo, NY
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  09:19:37 AM  Visit TracyZ's Homepage  Send TracyZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yet another email address they've given has come back undeliverable. That's 4 now.

MSPA Silver certified since 2/05 mlx4ti.
Happliy shopping Western NY
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  10:22:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TracyZ,
why don't you go to the web site and go to the contact section and send an email from there. They will answer back as soon as possible. I have had no problems with my emails from them.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

TracyZ
Contributor

Buffalo, NY
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  10:25:10 AM  Visit TracyZ's Homepage  Send TracyZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Stephanie
I've done that twice and both times it came back as undeliverable. That was the very first thing I tried.

Go to Top of Page

Janice-WA

Tri-Cities, WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  3:29:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tracy,

I had trouble with some of their Enquiry e-mails too. These are ones that I received from them and did reply to two of them without any problems, so they will probably get you to someone who can help.

usa@gapbuster.com -- original info e-mail.

XEDetailsUSA@gapbuster.com -- Daniel O'Malley contacted the person I needed to speak to

XEAssignmentsUSA@gapbuster.com -- Petra Goetz was very helpful.

Hopefully, one of these nice people can help you.

Janice

Janice
MSPA Gold Certified pnsyad
Shopping Tri-Cities, WA and vicinities (Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland), with occassional trips to Rochester, WA (Olympia, and Centralia).
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  4:23:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have checked their job board and I occasionally see jobs in San Francisco for a large mall. It involves a enormous amount of work, a phone call, and there is no parking! Shopeer fee - $11.00.
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  9:00:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree....the mall shops here in Washington on their job board are a lot of observations and not much pay.
I do mall shops for other companies that pay twice as much for evaluating only one area of the mall. I have not shopped for this company but have some scheduled in June so we will see...

Linda
Go to Top of Page

TracyZ
Contributor

Buffalo, NY
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  05:33:16 AM  Visit TracyZ's Homepage  Send TracyZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Janice,
All three of those email addresses came back as undeliverable! Thanks so much for your help, I give up. There are too many other companies out there that treat their applicants better to waste any more time on this. Thank you everyone for your help.

Go to Top of Page

Roger42
Star Contributor

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  11:44:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is something about their website and e-mail address that keeps kicking the info back. I've tried dozens of times to access the web site using different variations of the address and never connect.

I get e-mails from them constantly and even the links on those don't work.

If anyone from Gapbuster ever reads this forum, please offer an explanantion on why so many shoppers are having difficulty communicating with you.

Roger
Gold Certified - 15 Years Experience
Specializing In Audits
Covering Mid Atlantic and Northeast
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  08:43:19 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an email from them to do shops I have been doing for a long time with another company. The other company has been great and after reading all of this, I would not want to see the first company lose any shops to this company, not to mention the much lower fee. The fee and reimbursement will barely cover the cost of the food.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

DFery

Salem, OR
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  06:59:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done work for these folks - easy, clear and paid on time with ops for bonuses.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  3:55:57 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
With the fees offered they should be easy. They are in the same category as the 50 cent shops.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

JunePrice

AK
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  4:23:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StephanieA

why don't you go to the web site and go to the contact section and send an email from there. They will answer back as soon as possible.
I had to do this a few days ago when I was having trouble getting my paperwork to print and had a response the next morning. Maybe it was just a quirk of the moment? I'd try it again just in case.

June

June
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  5:30:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
June,
I was able to contact them for TracyZ and they stated they did email her from the information I sent. It could have been that she was not a shopper as of yet and therefore she could not get onto their boards to send a message from there. Who knows for sure, but she has been taken care of.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  10:17:10 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why was TracyZ unable to do it herself? Sometimes I can get into their system and other times I cannot. Does this happen when you are doing reports, and if so, how do they respond? Seems like a lot of work for less than minimum wage.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  11:17:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PamInCa
In answer to your question, I helped her because she was not an assigned shopper as of yet and they had not sent her a pass word to get into their site. Sometimes it just is helpful for someone to step in and help another shopper out.

I have a questions for you, why is it this whole thread you have done nothing but put this company down. Do you even shop for them?

Well I do. I do not think the pay is as low as the other company that use to have it, you can bring someone to eat the extra food and the forms are way easier to handle. That being said, I never took a shop when the other company had them unless there was a huge bonus because of the forms and the fact that they would not allow you to bring another person to eat all that food which in my book was a waste.

If you don't like the company or the amount they pay, then don't shop them. And they are not in the same category as the .50 cent shops. Why would you even state that? And for your information, the other company has already lost the shops to them.

MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  08:56:33 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
"I have a questions( I am not sure if you had a question or questions) for you, why is it this whole thread you have done nothing but put this company down. Do you even shop for them?"

I put down any company who tries to take jobs that pay well and reduce them to nothing. I also put down any company that thinks we should work for food. There are a lot of shoppers who work very hard to be good at this job, so they can stay home with their children. I think when someone asks about feedback, they should see both sides and decide for themselves, if it is worth it for them to bother with the application process. I am registered with them, yet have not seen any job that was worth my time yet. And for your information, the other company has only lost part of their jobs and it is for a specified amount of time. The reports will reflect the pay.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums