Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  6:12:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heard back from Aneesha at Gapbusters today. Got some line about how the payment had been frozen but...

"We have now reverted the previous payment, which will be added to the February payment cycle (along with the payment for January assignments). Thus this payment will be processed around the 24th of February 2009."

Like I would have been dumb enough to do any January assignments.

I am not banking on anything but another promise is in the air.

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  4:50:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well complaining must have worked. I was paid on 2/22/10 for the shops completed in August! So happy to have that done with. I guess sometimes persistence will pay off.

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  05:07:05 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done the flaking thing a few times as I was upset about something with a company, but after a few months I was more upset since I had burned a bridge that brought me some money. Think twice about cancelling. Just wait on the shops next time around and make them really bonus you untill you are happy.
It's better to be able to turn down the work than have the work turn you down.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  07:11:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cary in Cincy
It's better to be able to turn down the work than have the work turn you down.

That is excellent advice!

I do not remember the last time I took a shop for Gap at the posted fee. They call me a few times a month and I always nearly double the shop fees before I accept a shop.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Jacie

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  9:24:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received the same email that many of you did about being deleted from their system. Tonight I was going through my book of contacts and tried to log onto the site just for the heck of it.

I got a message saying that I've been deleted or whatever, yet all my info is still there on my profile, including SSN and back account numbers!

Any idea of how to get really deleted from this company? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  10:37:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen any fast food shops posted for April yet. Does anybody have any news?
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  11:21:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am seeing the FF shops appear on another MS job board for the first time. Maybe the FF company decided to shop american.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  11:29:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was able to confirm the new MS company has many for this FF company. I can also confirm the $10.00 going rate is now a $7.50 going rate. Good luck filling those shops. $10.00 was unfair for the work......
Go to Top of Page

KSSLorri
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, Ohio
USA
603 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  6:41:54 PM  Visit KSSLorri's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The fast food account has ALWAYS been shared by two different MSP's.. one being GAPbuster.

They have recently switched up which MSP does which states.. so some of you will work with the new company at lower rates.. and some that used to work with the old company will now get to work with GAPbuster.

KSS works with GAPbuster. quite a bit.. so I was able to ask them what was going on. Hope this helps.

Lorri (Kern) Hsu
KSS International, Inc.
KSSLorri@kernscheduling.com
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  08:12:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of the shops that started out at 7.50 are now up to 10, at least in my area.

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  10:42:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MariaPec

Most of the shops that started out at 7.50 are now up to 10, at least in my area.

It depends on whether or not they have bonused the job. The ones that usually get picked up quickly are still $7.50 in my area.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  1:11:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well if Gapbuster and the other company have switched up states I find it odd that they haven't posted one new shop for any state anywhere for April. Generally their shops are up by the middle of the month before and the phone calls start by now. I would love to see them have half of them (as we travel to one of the states that would be in that half) but I am not holding my breath...especially since (I haven't checked every state) all the states I have checked for the other company have plenty of the FF shops on the schedule for next month.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  07:22:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In an email titled "Thank you for your loyalty ans support", I received the following from GAPBuster:

Dear ******* Mystery Shoppers,

Thank you for your support to deliver the ****** mystery shopping program over the last 5 years, during which GAPbuster has shopped your region.

GAPbuster wishes to thank you for your loyalty and your efficiency over these 5 years.

From March 24th 2010, GAPbuster will no longer be running the ***** mystery shop programme in your area. (MSC Name) will be shopping this project for ********, should you wish to continue your shopping activities.

Over the next months, we may however begin offering other client programs, in your area, so please revisit our site to check on optional assignment availability! We will also keep in touch via email, unless you expressly request that we do not, in which case we request that you deregister as a shopper, on our shopper portal.

We hope that you continue to work for us on these new assignments, as and when they become available.

Please be assured that we will not share your contact details with any other agency and as such should you be contacted by anyone, representing themselves as GAPbuster, you should establish their credentials before considering whether you should be working for them / doing business with them. GAPbuster will only offer assignments via http://www.xec.gapbuster.com/.

Thanks once again on behalf of GAPbuster for your valuable assistance to deliver quality results for ********.

Best regards,

USA Shopper Team
GAPbuster Worldwide

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  08:09:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received the same email. I have also seen locations near me with the other company. So I figured this one lost them.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Mike Man

Canada
35 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  12:36:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not received the email but I did see on their notice board the thank you for 5 years of service.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  2:02:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kinda like losing a friend...well maybe that isn't the riht word. Not real happy about the new MS lowering the fee. Now that is insulting. Will take one to see if the form is a time saver though.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  5:01:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CThomas
Will take one to see if the form is a time saver though.

The forms with GAP had been quite simplified with less observations, etc, in the past few months though. Too bad they lost the client...

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  01:29:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I already miss the Gap!!

I've been taking a small break from MS'ing, and noticed I hadn't been receiving any Gap e-mails. I checked the site and found out the bad news and even worse news from here about the 7.50.

Dang, I try to make it against my religion to do any shops where my cash outlay is more than the shop fee

I'm speechless (well, almost..)

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  06:37:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Luckily with these shops you get complete reimbursement PLUS the $7.50 fee. The higher fee was a lot nicer, but at least this is better than straight reimbursement.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  09:39:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DeniseHazel

Luckily with these shops you get complete reimbursement PLUS the $7.50 fee. The higher fee was a lot nicer, but at least this is better than straight reimbursement.

I always got a full reimbursement from GAP.

Servanne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums