Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

CarlaH
Contributor

Wentzville, MO
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  1:01:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gapbuster was the best mystery shopping company I worked for in 2006 & 2007. I was completing a least five shops a week for them. Then they lost all the clients in Missouri and they have never offered any shops in my state since.

Carla Houghton
Go to Top of Page

HeidiS
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  9:02:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't even get their site to work for me. I get logged in but can't seem to search anything. Like its empty. I have only done one job for them and it was years ago. It was easy and the pay was good.

Heidi, No longer new but always willing to learn more!
Go to Top of Page

Nicolas_Canada
Apprentice

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  03:33:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I worked at GAPBuster in the Melbourne office until April 2010. As far as I know GAP is still doing business in Mystery shopping in Many Countries across the world. When I stopped working there, they basically stopped their contracts with I would think most of their clients in North America. I don't know what they are doing now. Anyway, just thought I'd stop by Volition and see whether any of the shoppers I used to contact missed my lovely self lol ... I guess they did, but kept it for themselves lol ... Anyways, I did feel kind of sad knowing I would no longer had an opportunity to talk with many of you. Some of you were so great, fun to talk with and keen to help when needed.

Former Senior Customer Service Officer, Canada/USA
Go to Top of Page

CarolD28
Trainee

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  07:21:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone doing the new shops for Gapbuster? I would like to try them, but I cannot see anywhere in the instructions what we order for the meal purchase. I see where it says that the reimbursement is for the full meal... but it doesn't really indicate what that meal might be, or what it is allowed to be....

In the training, they give sample questions like asking what size pizza to get for four people.... does that mean we can bring guests? (Because why would we ask that question if we were dining in by ourself). So do we get the full reimbursement for a pizza for four people?

I've asked them a few times now, and so far I have not had any response.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Man

Canada
35 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  10:10:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have taken one. Once you have accepted the assignment, they tell you what you can order. I am pretty sure in the training they say not to bring anyone with you. I would assume the pizza for multiple people would be for a delivery assignment.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Jacks

Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  7:27:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Nicholas, I am sure I remember you from the Gapbuster days. It was great fun talking to you. You helped me out with several shops and it was always appreciated. Nice of you to drop by.
Go to Top of Page

Tony DeOliveira

Kearny, NJ
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  4:08:53 PM  Visit Tony DeOliveira's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to shop for them. I tried to get on awhile ago but my login didn't work. Every time I contact them vie the website I never get a response.

Tony DeOliveira
Go to Top of Page

Mike Man

Canada
35 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  4:23:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tony DeOliveira

I used to shop for them. I tried to get on awhile ago but my login didn't work. Every time I contact them vie the website I never get a response.

They might not want you logging in as your company offers mystery shopping services.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Mike Man

Canada
35 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2012 :  11:02:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does Gapbuster have any assignments in the US?

Mike
Go to Top of Page

DanSoule2

Glendale, AZ
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  8:04:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Man

Does Gapbuster have any assignments in the US?

I just received an email that there are assignments returning in February after quite a long break. I am excited to see what it is.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  4:00:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got another email announcing shops opening next week. It instructs us to take the orientation (done), then click on the SMARTPHONE link....but I can't see it. Anyone else having this issue?
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  4:48:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, I don't see any Client Specific Orientations either, just the General Orientation which I've already taken. My guess is that they're still getting everything organized. Since the new shops aren't going to be released until February 13, I plan on checking back in a few days.
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  7:58:56 PM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went on the site and I am certain I went through that orientation before, but all the other areas are blank as though I must go through orientation again... and it's "only" 15 minutes long. This is third request from MSC's in three days... and invitations to shop for them... to read ALL their materials, to go through orientations... and all because they MIGHT sometime have a shop in my area.

I see these MSC's as just building their shopper base. When I see shoppers posting on THIS forum that they have so much work to do in MY area that they can't shop for another MSC, I'll put in the effort to go through orientation again.

And that "ain't gonna happen"!

Shopping the Tri-State area
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  11:27:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone completed one of these Smartphone shops?

I have three scheduled for tomorrow, but I am unable to print the paperwork. When I press on the "Show Assignment Paper" button, I get a message that the paperwork will only be available three days before the assignment. I guess I should have printed it Tuesday

I really don't feel comfortable going without even seeing the report form. I hate to cancel these, but I may have to if I can't access the needed materials.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  06:45:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed two. Straight forward stuff. But I have not received feedback. As for report, it pops up in Adobe. Maybe you have an indicator somewhere asking if it is ok to open? Then you have to use the 4 digit code at the bottom of the instructions. Key the 4 digits into the field for express assignments. Good luck
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  07:12:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Chris.

But, it pops up in Adobe when? When I hit the button I think should give me the paperwork, I get a pop up message telling me the instructions are only available three days before the assignment.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

DanSoule2

Glendale, AZ
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  07:26:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandie,

That happened to me earlier this week. I tried to contact them through the site and never heard back. Apparently you really do need to print it before the day you complete it. So what I did rather than take the strike against me, was reschedule them. You can not complete the shop without the paperwork, because as Chris stated you need the code from the bottom to key the report.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  07:36:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OH. Never mind. I am a complete idiot.

I scheduled for next Friday, not today.That's why I can't open the files yet.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  10:10:01 AM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

On Friday, Gapbuster deducted money from my bank account. I notified them immediately, but I haven't heard a response back. I've never been paid a dime from Gapbuster though I was registered with their company.

Has this happened to anyone else?

06/22/2012 WITHDRAWAL GAPBUSTERS INC $ -17.00

Thanks!

Shopping the Tri-State area
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  4:43:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ms. Baker: Notify your bank immediately, and do it in writing to preserve your rights. There is no need to go into details about who Gapbuster is, simply state that an unauthorized deduction was made from your account. The bank will have to give you the money back pending an investigation that they have to conduct. You have no idea if if was really Gapbuster or some scam / hack artisat. It doesn't matter. File a complaint with your bank. Call them. Then go in to see them. Then send them a PAPER letter. The federal laws governing this were passed when all there was was paper mail, so be sure to play by the rules.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums