Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  9:36:31 PM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well... I will certainly notify the bank of a draft I didn't authorize. If I'm being scammed though... how would they know to put a mystery shopping company as the drafter? and why me and no one else? I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone one else concering this company.

Thanks!

Shopping the Tri-State area
Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  08:30:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I first started to do jobs for them, several years back, they accidentally withdrew from my account instead of making a deposit. They caught it before I noticed, contacted me by email and corrected the mistake. They also included extra money for my incontinence (inconvenience, dang spell check and I was in a hurry )

Joyce
MSPA Gold Certified
Video Shopping OR/WA since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Carrie711
Valued Contributor

Citrus County, Florida
USA
154 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  09:54:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't you mean inconvience?

Carrie
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  10:13:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Or inconvenience?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Carrie711
Valued Contributor

Citrus County, Florida
USA
154 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  2:02:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OOPS!!!

Carrie
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  08:25:24 AM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well... I sent an email notification that they have 24 hours to reverse the charges before I file a complaint with charges.

Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  7:25:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
An email today from CareerBuilder:
I've laughed all day.... no travel, up to $65,000 a year as a Secret shopper.....

Dear Candidate,

We currently have a job opening that may interest you. Below is a summary of the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS
Internet connection, e-mail, and be availability on the phone are necessary
Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations
Basic skills in operating the computer, cell phone and printer
Ability to communicate: written and verbal communication skills (must be able to speak, read and write in English)
Your age must also be over 21
US citizen or Green Card Holder/Visa Holder

OUR OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU INCLUDES:
No travel required
$30,000-65,000+ income
Advanced Commissions + Salary
Management opportunities
Recognition, awards, and trips
Medical, dental, 401(k)
Education and field training
Large and stable corporation
If you are interested please reply.

Best Regards,

GAPbuster Team

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

CarlaH
Contributor

Wentzville, MO
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  11:00:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shopped Gapbuster in 2006-07. I did a couple of shops a week for them. They gave me more work than any other company. But when they lost their main client in Missouri, they no longer offered any MO. shops. Gapbuster has not offered any shops in MO. in 5 years. I wish they would get some new clients.

Carla Houghton
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  05:30:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email saying that they will begin a new project in my area but my account has been suspended due to inactivity. True, there have been no shops in my area for a long time. My login still works on the site but says I am suspended. To reinstate myself, the email said to reply to it, yet I get failure notices when I do. Also the enquiry email address on the site comes back to me as failure. Anyone have any ideas on how to get through to them?
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2014 :  11:37:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey..GAP is getting some good paying jobs in many states. They need more shoppers in AR, AL, LA, MS, and TN. They will pay a referrer fee of $20 (!) if someone gets referred and does a shop in one of those states. So if you are interested, and in one of those, please put me down as the one who referred you. Ya gotta enter my shopper code, 7001036328. Sure would appreciate it, and the new jobs pay better than some I have seen. Also, they were giving out $10 extra on any first job if you take the test to qualify!! How nice is that?

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2015 :  8:55:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pm'd you. They are super communicative!

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2015 :  3:59:50 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
GAPbuster is doing the arches again, at least in my area. It's mostly the same shop as the other company, but with a couple of timing additions, a "what is on the left and right of the business" question, and several required comment sections. And the printout portion of the questionnaire is 28 pages long (plus six pages for additional instructions).

I did my first one for them today. Still digesting the differences, so I don't know how I feel about it.

Has anyone else done one of these yet? What did you think about it?

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2015 :  07:23:27 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always liked the golden arch shops with GAPbusters. At least as the month went on the pay would increase with reason. That being said, I hate doing both parts of a shop at once.

I do understand the reasoning behind it, but it's such a waste of food. Too bad no one realizes that many of us would take the dine-in or drive-thru alone for less money.

Oh well... The other company would be sure to lose this contract as they cut all the shoppers after a certain number of jobs...

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2015 :  3:27:10 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I take the chicken item I order through the drive-thru home with me to eat later, so it's only the fries I'm wasting.

I've done a couple more of the arches for GAPbuster. Still not a fan of all the required comments, but it does appear they are only wanting an explanation of any "no" answers and just a sentence or two if all was well. They haven't kicked any of the comments back to me, so I'll take it as a sign that I'm doing it right.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jade

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2015 :  06:48:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them and it is like pulling teeth to get paid. I had issues so I stopped shopping for them. Fast forward several years later and I forgot our issues. I conducted an evaluation and I can all ready see I may have an issue getting paid. Please know that you are rolling the dice with this group.

Shoppers rock!
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  6:22:42 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never had an issue getting paid from GAPbuster. I did 7 shops for them in July, and they paid me via direct deposit on August 28.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2015 :  05:13:54 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I stopped shopping for them after the arch's left. I always got paid on time. Never had any real issues with any of my shops. If there were any issues, they would call to get it straightened out. Everything always went in my favor with Gapbusters. I would have no problem doing any shop for them again. Ohhhhhh, and not to forget, as the month passed, they would increase the pay for the leftover shops. And the increases were very nice, not an extra $1.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Kathie Rost
Contributor

Murrieta, CA
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2015 :  6:49:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just tried to sign up for them. I have a ton of experience and get high grades on my evealuations. Much to my surprise, here is the message I got, after filling out a detailed application and giving them two references:

"Thank you for your interest in becoming a GAPbuster mystery shopper.
The details you provided in your application unfortunately do not match our database's selection criteria. As a result, we are unable to approve your request to join GAPbuster Worldwide. Thank you for your time and we wish you all the very best."

Daisies Smell Pretty? I am 56, so perhaps there is a bit of age discrimination going on here. They asked for names of other companies I've worked with, educational background, and so forth. I stated that I had a college degree and had worked for many mystery shopping companies.
To heck with them! I really didn't appreciate having to fill out all kinds of info and then get rejected---and for what?

Kona Kathie
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2015 :  6:52:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kathie,

Yes, it would be frustrating to fill out multiple pages of info and details to then have an MSC decline your services.

Do you know if they even have assignments in So Cal? I've never shopped for them. Not sure if I remember seeing postings or just didn't like the scenarios/pay. Maybe I got de-activated for lack of activity.

It reminds me of another company that makes you "qualify" for their shops prior to telling you what the pay is. I don't bother. If they have to hide it, then more than likely, it's not that good. I am "qualified" for one shop that starts with $4 pay. I wait until $20 and get it frequently.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Lisa-LA

Central, FL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2016 :  2:59:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kathie,

Well, I am guessing it's not your age. I just resubmitted my application (all 4 pages) and received the same notice. I'm 35!

Lisa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums