Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Elizabeth_B
Valued Contributor

Fort Greely, AK
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  07:06:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I am starting to have problems with my Gapbuster shop this Friday.

It was for a morning FF shop. When I read the instructions, they were very clear what I needed to order for lunch/dinner shops but only "order two different things" for the breakfast shop. I sent an enquiry asking if ordering the steak bagel inside was okay. I received an email back two days later saying I should look at the instructions. I then did another round of emails to request clarification.

I then looked at the input form for the shop. They only listed the lunch/dinner items as correct items to buy, not a bit about a breakfast shop.

Two days ago, I received an email stating that it had been switched to a dinner shop. The problem is that I am going out of town and cannot do a dinner shop this weekend.

I have sent three messages through the wem "enquiry" plus one email to say that I cannot do a dinner shop this weekend but I could do it next weekend.

So far, not a single response or action.

Oh, BTW, the toll free number posted by Shelley62 is no longer used (according to the recorded message). They only "answer" via the internet.

Anyone have any success in getting a shop changed beyond the original acceptance dates after they changed the shop times?

Elizabeth
MSPA Silver tlw34x
Fort Greely, Alaska. With trips to Ohio for work breaks.
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  11:07:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth_B,
go back to your log, and just cancel the one that you are having a problem with. I had the same thing happen to me and I told them sorry, you changed the order I already have a dinner shop and I was told to go to the board and cancel that shop and that is what I did.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth_B
Valued Contributor

Fort Greely, AK
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  11:48:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was going to cancel as a last resort if things were not sorted out by tomorrow. When I click on the "cancel" button, a message pops up saying that cancelling would affect my shopper rating (still not sure if I care) and I would not be able to sign up for that shop again.

Of course, the shop is for $17 and if I have a fee for a wire transfer, it would definitely not be worth it since that's the only shops available for me this month.

Elizabeth
MSPA Silver tlw34x
Go to Top of Page

TracyZ
Contributor

Buffalo, NY
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  12:03:10 PM  Visit TracyZ's Homepage  Send TracyZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you have to pay for a wire transfer EVERY payment they send you?

MSPA Silver certified since 2/05 mlx4ti.
Happliy shopping Western NY
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  12:06:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cancel anyway, as long as you have the email stating why you are canceling it. They do not take a wire transfer out on my accounts. It goes straight to my checking account.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth_B
Valued Contributor

Fort Greely, AK
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  8:48:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cancelled the shop yesterday and it no longer appeared on my list as an option. I sent another message immediately stating why I had cancelled.

This afternoon I actually got a phone call asking if I could do the shop! He had a very heavy accent and was difficult to understand. He seemed to not know anything about my signup/ their change/ my cancellation or my many attempts to contact them.

He also asked if I could do a FF shop that was 50 miles away. He was surprised when I said that a $10 bonus would not cover my expenses and he said that he just talked to one who was going 150 miles for $20 extra. I replied that, if it was true, that person was stupid.

He said that the shop should appear again on my list and he would contact me next week about doing it if it wasn't done this weekend (no, it still does not appear on my list again).

Anyway, I had previously sent an enquiry because only the first of the 13 pages of shop info would print out. (This was before I cancelled the shop)

The reply insinuated that the reason a document may have not printed out was because of my error and inexperience. <double sigh>

Tonight, I got an email that was another response to my printing problem enquiry. It said:

> I have checked your account and there is no assignment listed under your name. The assignment number (xxxxxx) is not assigned yet to any shopper. If you are interested in this assignment, then please log on to web select and assign it to yourself.

<sigh> Methinks there is more trouble ahead.

Elizabeth
MSPA Silver tlw34x
Go to Top of Page

Paul S
Valued Contributor

WA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  01:15:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have yet to complete a shop for them but a good network partner likes the fast pay and easier (than before) form. I might try one this month especially if bonused. BTW, I am sure it just slipped out but the "FFname" needs edited in your post Elizabeth.

Paul
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sherry D
Valued Contributor

Seattle, WA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  08:00:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had terrible experiences with Gapbuster, the most recent just happening. I worked for them several times last summer and fall, and quit taking assignments after two weeks of their system not accepting assignments that I tried to submit, after which they harassed me with emails and phone calls saying that it was my fault and that I needed to keep trying until it went through (and insinuating that I was doing something wrong/my computer was at fault.) Guess what? It was their system, which one scheduler sheepishly admitted to me a few days later, when he had me give him the report over the phone. Then they were calling me to take last minute early morning shops, promising "big bonuses" which turned out to mean $5, unless I insisted on verifying emails as to the amount, and them accidentally on purpose forgetting to pay me the bonuses. That was when they still had phone contact.

Well, I stupidly decided to give it a try again in the last month, after they sent a bunch of emails promising bonuses as much as $50 per assignment-- I am really through with them now. The first assignment, I thought went through when I clicked submit, but apparently it didn't, because two weeks later, I looked at my list, and saw it was "rejected". They did not respond to my emails at all. I thought maybe I did something wrong, so I went ahead and did two more assignments last week--very carefully, checking all of their criteria, sent in the reports right away, faxed the receipts immediately, etc. Now I just looked at my assignmentlist, and duh! Both assignments were marked rejected! They did it again.

Funny I never got any feedback or anything to indicate a problem. Funny I was able to complete their assignments without a problem (other than their website) before. Now I have an assignment for today, but I don't feel any obligation to spend more of my money setting myself up for more abuse by Gapbuster. I should have seen the warning signals when they removed phone access and reduced the bonuses I was supposed to get after sending me emails saying I would get a $20 and two $5 bonuses.

One other thing--after taking those assignments, I had looked at my list, and saw that I was supposed to get certain bonuses for the assignments I had taken--but right before I was supposed to do them, Gapbuster had changed the bonuses on the website. I emailed them three times, finally got someone to grudgingly admit that I was supposed to get the bonus on one out of the three that I took on in areas that no one else wanted to go to, early in the morning. I don't know how old this company is, and what their track record is with other people and in other countries that they brag about, but I have had nothing but grief from them, for their crummy $8 and some grease burgers that I wasted my money on. I'm out over $40, and it looks like I won't get any of it back, let alone paid for all of my time.

Sorry to sound so mad, but when I looked at their website just now, prior to getting ready to do another of their assignments, and saw what they did to me, I wanted to see how they have been treating other shoppers. It looks like more of the same to me, with Gapbuster rejecting assignments for some mystery reason, and being unreachable except when they want favors.
Go to Top of Page

Sherry D
Valued Contributor

Seattle, WA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  08:25:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just had to add this to my last post: I decided to look and see how many assignments they still have open, since I have been getting emails every day, sometimes twice a day, offering assignments for the only client they have had in this area since last year. That's despite Gapbuster supposedly rejecting assignments, though with no reason or notice. Guess what--suddenly, there's nothing showing up for that client, but they have four other new FF clients--but with pay and reimbursements greatly reduced by a third, making them one of the dreaded $5 shops.

That's it for me with this company--I just regret I decided to give it one more try, since I didn't have money to give away.
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  09:26:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry you’re both having troubles. But I did a shop yesterday, and submitted it before the dreaded 8 hour time limit. I had no problem. It went through without so much of a glitch. Then this morning I received an email stating that if the amount that was posted for reimbursement did not cover the cost of the food, all I had to do was email them and they would add that amount to my shop. I did many shops for them last year and the only problem I had was with them calling me at odd hours. They are in Australia and the time difference for us is a killer. They were so sweet; they put a notice in my profile to not call before a certain time in their time zone so they knew when not to call.

I will state that their reports are sort of repeated and I sent them an email stating that they asked the same question 5 times and how many different ways could you answer that question. I explained it might be best if maybe one of their schedulers would go through the shop and see how long and repetitious it is. I received a nice email stating they were looking into it.
Also, those new shops are in a new stage to see if they fit in with their shoppers, they have more shops then the FF ones.

So again sorry you are having a heck of a time with their shops.

MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Cynthia MT
Contributor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  09:59:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am patiently waiting for help. I submitted a FF report and received an error screen saying among other things that I had given inaccurate or contradictory responses to questions like "How many cars were in front of you..." and hair color, length and style of one of the employees. I tried changing from the right answers to wrong answers to see if it would go through. Nope, same errors.

On top of this, I received an email yesterday telling me that they "accidentally" took money out of my bank account instead of depositing my pay!!! They have, they assure me, returned the money and an extra $5 for any inconvenience.

I have never criticized any other company on this or any other forum. Like the poster above, I am done with this company.

Silver Certified (i2zcfj) and Shopping Southeast Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

Sherry D
Valued Contributor

Seattle, WA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  6:12:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Stephanie, I'm glad you're not having problems with them. As I said, initially I did not having problems with my reports being accepted--it was a problem with their website, which they later admitted to me after several days of round the clock phone calls and emails demanding that I keep submitting it before I was allowed to submit it over the phone.

I would not be so upset, but I was not given any indication of a problem, or what the issue was--I was very careful to get those reports submitted timely. I just have to wonder, after having to insist that I did want the bonusses promised to me, and initally having it taken off my shop list even prior to doing those shops--I felt insecure even doing them, and my instincts were right. I wish I had followed my instincts when they didn't play fair prior to my doing the shops, and had just cancelled them.

I did feel that when I was first working for them, they were willing to say anything to get me to accept more shops, calling me at all hours from Australia, no less--but when it came to paying what they promised, I had to chase my money with emails and phone calls. Now they have eliminated any phone access--I just think it is a little convenient--why did they need to do that, when they have never been good at responding to emails?

It's funny, but I have noticed that the companies who are the most difficult to please are the ones with cheapie shops, like Gapbuster and the infamous coffee shops that so many have had trouble with--not the high end, high paying ones. I never have a problem with them looking for reasons not to pay.
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  9:10:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SherryD;
I have been for Gapbusters since they first came on the scene back in 2003. I do not do many shops for them but will on occasion when they pay a bonus. I have NEVER had a problem with them or there web site. It might be that your system is not compatible with their very slow system (yes, it takes a long time to get their paperwork printed up). I have an upgraded version of MS ME and I also run on cable not dial up or DSL therefore, I do not have any problems with the web sites of shops. I do there shops to fill in when I am going to be in the area. I have never had a problem with getting my payment within a week after I have submitted my shop on line. Therefore, I have no problems with working with them when and if I want. So again, I am sorry you are having problems with Gapbusters, but to each there own.

MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Sherry D
Valued Contributor

Seattle, WA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  6:55:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Unnnnbeeelievable After emailing repeatedly asking why two of my shops had been refused, with no reason why, I just received this email, entitled "Rejected shop will be paid" :

"Thank you for your email. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. With respect to the rejected assignment, you would be paid in full. I would also like to inform you that thare was no mistake made from your side but that towards the end of the month we create duplicate assignments as our clients are very particular regarding the submission deadline thus the duplicate shopping acts as a fall back net in a case of emergency.The payment fees vary depending on the assignment that you complete. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to email us by clicking 'Contact Us' on our website. "

Because they "double book" my shops showed up as rejected, and it took weeks and several emails to hear anything back about it? That is just ridiculous, although I am happy I will be paid. Now I am wondering if I will get my bonus, and what their intentions are as to the other "rejected" shop.

This most recent experience has taught me that this company is not one I want to work for--there are too many other companies that have their act together, and pay much better, too, without all the grief. I will see how long it takes to get paid, and how much they decide they will pay me. [xball]
Go to Top of Page

NinaS
Contributor

Vernon, BC
Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  07:15:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with Gapbuster but didn't give them my bank info.
I have been assigned 2 jobs for July and I really don't like to book that far in advance. They are paying two dollars less for these jobs than we get from another company. I thought I would take two jobs just to try them out.
They have a self assign confirmed by an e-mail.
Go to Top of Page

Toni-Girl
Valued Contributor

Ohio
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  09:17:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In March and April, they were recruiting in this area big time. Ads in the classified sections of all the newspapers. Yet they haven't had a single job in this area at all! - YET!! But b/c the stores they currently list are very heavy in this area, I expect them to get the jobs here eventually.

I have checked out the excruciatingly brief scenarios they list for each of their jobs and each and everyone of them are identical! There's no variation between the FF summaries, no matter which company they're for. Same with the four different home improvement companies.

Can anyone tell me if they are, in fact, identical when you go and do the jobs?
The reason I'm wondering is so that WHEN they come to my area, I don't want to accept a job only to find out the FF job has 6 different timings, plus getting the names/descriptions of no less than 2 different employees while trying to manuever thru the DT lane, along with who-knows-what-else they might throw in there.

I just HATE surprises and companies that expect you to take a job with very sketchy instrucions leaves me scratching my head.

Shopping extreme NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  11:52:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have yet to sign up with this company and do not plan to anytime soon. They sure sound great according to the propoganda, I have seen, that they send out.
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  2:48:54 PM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My first three shops for this company went without a hitch. I am not jumping in to take more but mostly because I am tired of this particular FF and have other better offers for lunchs etc. I like their list of future clients so I will probably stay onboard with them and see what comes up.
Some of the problems the rest of you are having make me a little nervous about getting in too deep with them.

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

Kareena

Montrose, CO
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  10:06:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How do they accidently take monies from your account verses depositing??? I just completed my first shop for them but I am now hesitant to give them my bank info. Have you checked you bank account to ensure that you have in deed received your money back
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth_B
Valued Contributor

Fort Greely, AK
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  09:12:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had sent them an email saying that the shops I was to do (yesterday) were out of my town and there was no way that I could meet the 8-hour limit and that I would have to cancel them all unless I got a time extension.

This is the reply I got back this morning.

> Thank you for your email and sorry about the (too) late reply..

The 8 hour time frame is a guideline only, we wil give you 24 hours after that end of the assignment to express it.

Elizabeth
MSPA Silver tlw34x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums