Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  6:13:37 PM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else had the shop fee change from the time you requested the shop and when it was approved? Strangely enough the fee went down by $8 after it was approved. So far no response to my emails. I really want to like this company so hopefully it will be resolved.

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

JFolken
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  6:53:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an e-mail recently advertising this "new" company, which I guess is not so new. I signed up and was surprised to see a FF company that I do for a different company. Basically all the same guidelines. I got a call about it, because I'm the only person in the middle of Nebraska, and they offered me a $10 bonus. Considering it's in my small town, I took it. The original pay was $2.50 less than the other company, though.

I got another call yesterday, asking me to do a shop 25 miles away for a $15 bonus. I'm not sure what this means, since the job is already marked for $31.50. I told him I'd sign up on the website if I decided to take it, but he said I wouldn't get the bonus if I signed up on the website. So, I'm supposed to e-mail him if I want it, and he'll make sure I get the bonus. Hmmm...

I have to say, I do like their graphics and their little video instructions, though. One of the most technologically advanced websites as far as MSing goes.

Joy <><

Joy
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  06:31:32 AM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I have no reply from the company today other than a "warning" to confirm the job. I tried to cancel and it wouldn't allow it. I guess they are going to make me look like a flake but NO WAY am I doing a shop when they played "bait and switch" with the bonus.

So much for Gapbuster...I can't say I didn't give them a fair chance...

Just an update. I heard back from them and they denied the original posted bonus. I had no proof of it so what could I say. In the future I will ALWAYS take screen snaps of the bonus showing on the assignment list so I have proof if this ever happens again.

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

LizNorth

Nicholasville, KY
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  09:40:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm confused.

Okay. The bonus is stated as $60 for a shop. When you click on the $60 it says $8.50 + reimbursement. $51.50 is the premium for this assignment.

Does this mean that it will be $17 + reimbursement with a bonus of $51.50? OR, does it mean $17 + reimbursement with a bonus of $103?

It's just confusing to me because of how it is broken down. Since they broke the bonus down to 51.50 and 8.50, I would assume that it would go the same for the other 8.50.

If the bonus is only 51.50 really . . . well, it's kind of misleading to me!!

UPDATE: Okay, nevermind - I see what the deal is here. Even though it says $60 as the bonus it is really only $51.50. As if I would get $103 - RIGHT?!? I believe that anytime you see a bonus, you must deduct 8.50 from it. . . . but $51.50 is a pretty good bonus so I'll do it anyway.

Liz North . . . shopping Nicholasville and Lexington KY. . . silver certified 8sxjre
Go to Top of Page

KrisM
Inactive

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  08:27:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's an $80 shop 2 1/2 hours from where I am. I considered taking a road trip, but I have a jeep and it will cost $40 to gas the car! So I opted not to. Tempting tho!
Go to Top of Page

JennyW
Valued Contributor

Bartlett, Tennessee
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  5:09:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK - I need some help! I had my first two jobs for this company today, and one of the locations was closed for business. I e-mailed them using the link on the website, but I have not received a response yet, and I don't know how I should proceed. There isn't a way to report the shop as closed on the form (not that I can see, anyway). I tried reading the FAQ's on their site but did not find any information there. Has anyone else had this happen before? If so, how can I enter my report? Thanks in advance for any advice!

MSPA Silver Certified 7/21/04 #oitvxn

Shopping Memphis, TN and loving it!
Go to Top of Page

LaurieNotLori

Iowa
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  02:02:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KrisM

There's an $80 shop 2 1/2 hours from where I am. I considered taking a road trip, but I have a jeep and it will cost $40 to gas the car! So I opted not to. Tempting tho!

I wouldn't be too tempted if I were you. I did one of these $80 bonus shops that was 75 miles from my home yesterday and now when I went to check my upcoming assignments,it is listed as rejected. I have already done three of these same type shops within the last week that were accepted. I have been shopping for 3 years and I have never had a shop rejected. I was very careful to make sure I dotted my "i's" and crossed my "t's" when I submitted this $80 bonus shop, so that they would not have any reason to reject it. I am very suspicious of the rejection considering the bonus was so high and because of other shoppers experiences I have read on this thread.

Does anyone know how you can find out why your shop was rejected? After reading this thread I am not too confident about their "enquiry" form.

Laurie

"I've found that Trouble is a lot easier to get into than out of"
Go to Top of Page

Sherry D
Valued Contributor

Seattle, WA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  02:31:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny--I'm afraid you're out of luck, since if you can't fill out their initial entries, you won't even be able to access the report form, and they will look at it as a shop that you didn't do. They may respond that you can reschedule, if their deadline isn't passed. I tried to email them about a problem with one out of three shops I signed up for, and never got any response until they said it was too late to do anything and that it had been reassigned.

I signed up via email for a couple other of those bonus shops, and originally, before I performed them, the bonuses showed up. Then, after I did the shops--to the letter-they showed up as rejected. After more than a week of emails, finally someone responded, telling me that my shops were showing as rejected because they had been double booked, just to make sure that they did get done by the end of the month, and that they show up that way if you were the second person doing the shop. Then, another week or so later, they finally showed up as accepted, but with the orignal low pay of $8.50 and the bonuses removed. I have had a terrible time getting any responses to any emails, and am currently just waiting to see what they do in terms of pay.

When I first worked for them last summer and fall, they had phone contact numbers, and it wasn't too hard to talk to the reps, although I did have to fight to get the promised bonuses even then. Those were bonuses promised to me over the phone, no less--and even then they tried to only give me $5 instead of $20. Because of that, and problems with inputting data on their website and them blaming me, I hadn't worked for them any more until I was taken in by their latest round of "BONUS" emails.

I am feeling very doubtful as to getting both bonuses, since they have emailed me a few weeks back only admitting that they owed one of the bonuses, not both! I would never have signed up for their shops without a bonus for all of them, and was very clear about that in my emails to them. I was also paid fairly quickly back last fall, usually in less than a month, but I don't know now, since I haven't been paid for my May jobs yet--I will update on how much they pay and if they keep their promises.

I think they are trying to con people sending emails advertising $60 and $80 bonuses, besides their so-called contests for trips. If a company advertises a certain amount as a bonus, that is supposed to be above and beyond the base pay, not including it.

I would be very interested in hearing how many people have actually been paid any of the bonuses over $50 that GapBuster is advertising for all these shops.
Go to Top of Page

JennyW
Valued Contributor

Bartlett, Tennessee
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  04:30:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sherry,

Do you know if there is still a way to contact them by phone? When I said the location was closed for business, I meant that it was boarded up and permanently closed. Rescheduling the shop won't do any good - I need a way to indicate that this location is no longer in business. I can access the WebExpress form, but there is no way to report the shop as permanently closed. I'm rather stressed about this, as it is my first job with this company, and my report is now past due. I'm really frustrated that I can't seem to contact anyone or get any answers.

Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  05:14:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am just curious has anyone been paid by this company and did they get one of those fancy bonuses they offer. I hear but I don't hear if they keep their promise and pay on time too.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Toni-Girl
Valued Contributor

Ohio
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  07:00:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I scheduled a gas shop for Monday then called the location b/c the address was unfamiliar to me. I found out it wasn't a gas station, it was a bulk distributor.
I emailed GB right away. That was Saturday. I still had no reply by Monday so I rescheduled for Friday and emailed them again.

I finally got a reply just now saying "I am unsure as to whether or not we have already emailed you regarding this, so I thought I'd send one anyway just to be sure." (They ended up canceling the shop as they considered the location closed.)

If you haven't gotten a reply to them yet, begin sending multiple emails so someone realizes that no one else has responded and someone might get back to you.

Shopping extreme NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Douglas05
Contributor

Shelby, NC
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  3:47:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done one shop for this company. This was not a bonus shop. However, they did pay right on time. They seem to do a lot of FF shops, but have a test that needs to be passed and I just havn't had the time to take the test.

Silver certified...Shopping NC. Charlotte Metro and Upstate SC.
Go to Top of Page

Susanne Marie
Star Contributor

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  4:11:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop that had a large bonus at the end of May, I was paid the bonus as promised. I did print out every single piece of paperwork I could find to document the promised bonus just in case. I have had no problems with their payments. I do have an issue with the fact that they offer the same jobs I did before for other companies at a much lower price.
Go to Top of Page

KrisM
Inactive

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  4:31:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LaurienotLori-
Have you emailed them about the rejected assignment? I emailed them about one I did last month, and even tho I made a dumb error, they paid me in full. If I wouldn't have contacted them, I'd be out the money.
All I emailed them was....curious as to why my assignment shows rejected. They responded with "you did this but should have done this, we'll go ahead and pay you in full."
Go to Top of Page

KrisM
Inactive

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  4:36:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny, I had a shop where the business has been bulldozed and no longer exists, it is now a parking lot. So I emailed them the situation on a Saturday, I believe it was due on Sunday. On Monday afternoon I received an email from them stating "thanks for the information, you will still be paid the contract fee for attempting to complete the shop."
Payment hasn't come due yet, so we'll see. But I was happy with their response timing.
Go to Top of Page

JennyW
Valued Contributor

Bartlett, Tennessee
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  05:57:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the responses everybody! Just an update - I finally received an e-mail yesterday afternoon, very similar to the one you received KrisM, thanking me for the information and that I would be paid half of the reimbursement for my time and inconvenience. I am relieved, to say the least! Now, we'll just wait and see if I actually get paid.

Go to Top of Page

ElizabethG
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  06:37:21 AM  Send ElizabethG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've just started working for them, too. Does anyone know what their schedule is for payment? I don't recall seeing that on their website.

Gold Certified yysqi1
Shopping Chicago and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

Sherry D
Valued Contributor

Seattle, WA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  4:34:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't been able to find a payment schedule-but when I did work for them 8 or 9 months ago, they paid fairly quickly, in a month or less. They have not done so for my latest shops that were completed towards the end of May. I have decided that I am going back to my original decicion to not work for them anymore, partly because I don't really like the fast food, especially two meals' worth, but mostly because I don't like having to stress when they change my payment amounts, delete bonuses, and basically spend a lot of time emailing them to see if I will actually be paid what I was promised. There are too many other companies out there, many with better restaurants. I originally did these so I could take my granddaughter there, but that didn't really work out anyway, due to their ordering requirements!. (No kid's meals)
Go to Top of Page

HollyRod

Perry, MI
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  5:14:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had my second shop for them today. It was for a location that does not even exist!!! I was supposed to shop a gas station component of a larger store, but there was no station - only a bunch of unmanned pumps. I went into the large store to make a purchase to show I was there, and got answers to as many questions as I could. I e-mailed them as soon as I got home, but haven't gotten a response yet. If worse comes to worse, I will submit my report based on the large store, and just note in the comment section what really happened. At least that way I will have submitted something. It sure is frustrating though!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Lansing, Owosso and Howell, MI (and every town in between)
Go to Top of Page

LaurieNotLori

Iowa
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  6:28:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received the following email message similiar to the one Sherry D received as to why my shop shows as rejected:

" Because this assignment was completed at the end of the month, another assignment for the same site was created in order to get two results back.
The reason for this is our clients are very strict with timing and need all results to be reported promptly at the end of the month.
Occasionally, shoppers fail to complete valid assignments, so as a precaution we have another completed as well.
When both shoppers complete valid assignments, one has to be cancelled on our system. The cancelled assignment will be paid as long as we receive valid receipts."

The email almost mentioned that they are upgrading their system for future assignments. I hope so! It was unnerving to see the shop listed as rejected and think that not only was I out the bonus, but also the $18 I spent on gas and the required purchases.
I really want to like this company. I live in a rural area and it was really nice for a change to be offered a bonus for driving a distance to do a shop.

Laurie

"I've found that Trouble is a lot easier to get into than out of"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums