Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Entertainment
 What book(s) are you reading this month?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

EloiseStone
Contributor

Redwood City, CA
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  5:50:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After I finished DaVinci Code I started reading the books he wrote before that one. Good writer.

I got Stephen King's "Cell" for Christmas. Looks good. Can't wait to start it.
Go to Top of Page

AngelaMc
Star Contributor

Mar Vista, CA
USA
508 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  7:35:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Predator by Patricia Cornwell

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MariJ73
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  6:30:35 PM  Visit MariJ73's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have kids or like reading childrens books...I am reading "The Door To Time" by Ulysses Moore to my daughter. The writing is just so-so, but it is an interesting adventure. It really doesn't end. There is a second book coming out in June 2006.

Mari
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  6:34:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Getting caught up on my alphabet- R is for Ricochet, S is for Silence, both of course by Sue Grafton.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  06:07:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Made in Detroit: A South of 8 Mile Memoir by Paul Clemens. What to say? I'm horrified at what has become of my city. I can only hope that one day it'll reinvent itself.

The Other Side of Me by Sidney Sheldon. If you read his novels (The Other Side of Midnight, etc.), this is his autobiography. Besides being an entertaining read, it's a great example of someone who manages to mess himself up time and time again and still succeed.
Go to Top of Page

Chell
Star Contributor

GA
USA
814 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  08:11:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Million Little Pieces, Teacher Man (Frank McCourt), 'Tis Herself (Maureen O'Hara)

Chell
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  1:38:37 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yahoo, I just picked up the book "WICKED" by Gregory Maguire (on a shop, no less!) I saw the play last year and can't wait to read the novel.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Heather86
Star Contributor

Bourbonnais (S. of Chicago), IL
USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  2:26:15 PM  Visit Heather86's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't had much time to "read:, but I found some CD books to listen to on the way to and from work. So I get about an hour and a half of reading in per day. Right now I am working through the Cronicles of Narnia.

I was reading the "Winning by Loosing" book by Jillian the trainer from Biggest Looser, but my 2 weeks were up and I had to give it back. I will probably purchase this book as it was a good one.
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  04:27:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just finished "False Memory" by Dean Koontz. It was the first book I read in a while that was a real page turner. I didn't want to go to work or anything. I just wanted to stay home and finish that book!

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  12:38:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How scary was it?

Jan
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

East Coast!
USA
883 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  1:01:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Corrie, when you finish Wicked, be sure to pick up Son of a Witch.
The author is a genius.

I have recently read a series of mystery books by Anne George. It's nice, easy reading, with humor. They are about two sisters (age 60+), and how bad things seem to find them. It's good reading.

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  07:26:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jan,

I'm not sure if you were asking about the Koontz book but I'll answer in case you were. It was not scary at all. It was very suspenseful but there was no supernatural or horror element to it.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Debra
Star Contributor

Colorado Springs, CO
USA
629 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  11:37:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm reading "The Giver" by Lois Lowry for my English class. Excellent writing, interesting, but kind of disturbing....

Shopping the Rockies
MSPA Gold Certified #cdgxel
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  3:30:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NYKat, yes I was asking about the Koontz book. My husband loves him but I don't like horror or gore. Thanks. The Giver by Lois Lowry is a wonderful book, and you should be disturbed by it. There are also two other books which Lowry doesn't call sequels but are follow-ups.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
Valued Contributor

MD
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  01:21:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I been reading Suze Orman's The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke. It's been awesome so far, answering all my important questions regarding retirement, savings, credit cards, the works. I'm also starting on a new book called Stones From The River by Ursula Hegi, about a dwarf's life in World War II.
Go to Top of Page

Chell
Star Contributor

GA
USA
814 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2006 :  1:23:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain as seen on The Travel Channel

Chell
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2006 :  5:53:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just finished reading "The Picture of Dorian Gray". Interesting concept, darn dull book. I also recently finished Leaving Cecil Street by Diane McKinney-Whetstone. That one was very interesting.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Donnabella
Star Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
369 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2006 :  6:08:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just finished "Undomestic Goddess" by Sophia Kinsella. Great characters. You feel like you are part of the book. The only downfall is the story is very predictable....but you don't really have to think when you read this one...so it kind of takes you away from the "real world". Fun too!

She wrote another one I want to read titled "Confessions of a Shopaholic". Her titles are so ME.

Donna
Shopping the Metropolitan Phoenix Area
Go to Top of Page

Twila
Star Contributor

TX
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  06:20:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am reading Lawless Lovers by Dixie Browning.

Pretty good book. It has two small books in one. The first was good but she just cut it off at the end. Made you want it to continue.
The next book I am just starting. They do carry the story and make you seem to be a part of it.
And of course, she makes up that MYSTICAL lover. Wow to find someone like that.
But then he would probably be prettier than me and that would piss me off and I would shoot him or something.
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  07:59:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Donna,

I read Confessions of a shopaholic. It was OK, it was just a little hard to swallow because of the lead character's profession. I have Shopaholic goes to New York but haven't read it yet.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums