Page: of 2

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  12:40:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Work for this company at your own risk.

Theatre trailer checking work being posted here from Palm Scheduling Services are actually jobs to be done for Hanover Security Reports.

Hanover is run by Nancy Stein, who`s about as vicious and dishonest as they come.
Nancy has allowed a rep she likes to get away with impersonating theatre managers & filing false complaints against other reps. She openly supported his outrageous behavior.

Nancy Stein has allowed a scheduler named Judy Shiflet to bad mouth reps to each other.

She laughs at people who are subjected to this abuse and tells them they have no rights. As someone who worked for her, I know how foolish it is to trust her and work for her. I now have a statement from another Hanover rep who was also subjected to this crap.
Nancy Stein herself openly bad mouths other companies.

I am now in the process of filing criminal fraud charges against
Nancy Stein and Hanover Security Reports, as impersonating people is a Federal Offence. I hope to have Nancy Stein arrested and her lousy company shut down.

As I stated on other threads, if we don`t stand up for ourselves, then criminals like Nancy Stein will continue abusing and scapegoating us.

David

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2004 :  11:53:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I should add that in addition to having a statement from another Hanover rep who had the same experience as I with the company,
I also have statements from three of the theatre managers who were impersonated.
They are about as impressed with Nancy Stein as I am.

If you ask Nancy Stein about this, she will tell you that she`s gotten ``dozens`` of complaints about me. Press her for proof of this and she has, by her OWN ADMISSION, no record of the complaints, and cannot recall who made them, when they were made, or what the nature of the complaints were!!!

Just who the hell does Nancy Stein think she`s kidding??!!

Though I`ve gotten some support on these boards, a few people have called my campaign to stop these abuses ``negative``.

Do these people think that the behavior of creeps like Nancy Stein
is positive?

I`m on YOUR side, folks. I`m fighting not only for my rights, but for all of us.
I WILL succeed. And then none of us will ever be subjected to this kind of crap again.

Peace Love and Harmony to us all

David
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3065 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2004 :  12:47:13 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Please note there is a thread in the Mystery Shopping forum on this firm.

Feedback Requested: Hanover Reports
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2004 :  3:21:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took a look at the Hanover thread in Mystery Shopping. I did not know it was there, because I don`t do Mystery Shopping and don`t go to that board. When I was with Hanover they were not doing any undercover work either.

The fact that people have had good experiences with Hanover does not justify or negate the atrocious professional conduct of Nancy Stein.

Nor does it change the fact that I have hard proof of my claim, proof that would hold up in court. I`d be more than happy to share some of that proof with anyone who contacts me privately.
In the meantime, my documentation gets turned over to the police, and I do intend to prosecute Nancy Stein.

I gladly admit that most Hanover schedulers are good people. Judy Gardner is a wonderful person who I respect.

But Nancy Stein and Judy Shiflet have both been involved in criminal, fraudulent behavior, and they have both scapegoated reps for this.

Nothing said about other Hanover people can change the reality of this.

I hope Nancy Stein sees this. Let her see that their can be consequences to treating people as she treated me.

Nancy, if you do see this, here`s a personal message from me to you for all to see:

You know damn well that I`m telling the truth, that I was stalked over and over for years, and that this continued even after I was forced out of Hanover in 1997. It continued over and over, always with your support, sometimes with your direct participation.
In 2000 and 2001, you, Nancy Stein, called other companies I work for to complain about me. In 2002 you discussed me with people at Paramount Pictures, your chief client.
This was a full FIVE YEARS after I stopped working for you.

You have told me that I have no rights, you have laughed at me, and you have hidden behind IC laws to justify your disgusting behavior.
And you ignored my heartfelt pleas to make peace with me.
You have pushed me too far for too long.
Now I find that a SECOND Hanover rep was defamed in a similar manner, and I have her statement in writing!

Want me to back off, Nancy?
You need to shut your damn mouth about me where your clients and other companies are concerned.
Then you need to come forward
and apologize to me. You need to make amends to me, and you can start by clearing my name of any wrongdoing.

THEN I`ll back off, not before.

But my campaign to change IC laws will move forward(see my posts on other threads)

This Thurs Jan 22 I meet, as planned, with CA State Sen John Burton about changing the law to give ICs rights.
This is something that should have been done long, long ago.

David
Go to Top of Page

TaraSue
Star Contributor

Fort Wayne, IN
USA
384 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2004 :  7:04:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
isnt this the company that someone named Judy (sorry if wrong name) died and husband was taking over her duties.... ?
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2004 :  7:51:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There were two Judys at Hanover, both schedulers.

One, Judy Gardner, is very much alive and is a wonderful person.

Don`t know about the other, Judy Shiflet, who bad mouthed reps to each other, and I have this verified in writing from the above mentioned other Hanover rep.
Judy Shiflet and Nancy Stein also allowed a Hanover rep named Robert to use my name as a reference for picking up box office reports by phone. Robert did this in 2000, THREE YEARS after I`d left Hanover!
Robert felt he could do this because Judy Shiflet had told him all about the ``complaints`` they had gotten about me, the phony complaints that were being lodged by a rep who was impersonating theatre managers.

Robert`s behavior was reported to me by a theatre owner in New York City, my former home, who felt that I had a right to know what was going on.
This theatre owner is one of the three in NYC who gave me written statements that verify what was being done to me.

I don`t claim to be perfect, people, nor am I a saint, but God knows I`ve never targeted anyone in the vicious, hateful manner in which I was targeted.
I could NEVER behave that way.

I want to know why this was done to me.
I want to know why Nancy Stein and others feel that I have no right to defend myself.

I want to know when it becomes OK to say ENOUGH!!!

David
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3065 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  09:35:21 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been asked to post the following message as the sender of this email has never posted to any boards and won`t. I have never spoken with Terrayne Crawford and am only posting it as a favor and do not confirm the validity of what is stated.

To whom it may concern:

This is to verify David's complaint regarding unprofessional behavior on the part of some personnel from the theater checking companies Certified Reports and Hanover. I had personal experience, as a checker, during the late '90s in New York similar to those experienced by David. Someone impersonating a theater manager called the checking company stating that there were problems with my checking their theater (I had not been assigned to the theater and the theater personnel did not even know me in two instances.) In a couple of other instances someone impersonating an employee from one of the two checking companies called a theater to 'check' up on my work at the theater, again, when I had not been assigned to that theater. This created both an unpleasant situation as well as costing me at least a few months of contracts with these companies, affecting both my reputation and finances, as I know it did with David.

Personnel from Hanover had complained to me about some problems with David. I told them to speak directly to him to resolve any issues they were having rather than using me as a go between. Again, I do not believe this was handled in a professional manner.

Should you need any further information, please feel free to contact me at this e-mail address.

Sincerely,

Terrayne Crawford
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  10:10:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ray posted Terrayne Crawford`s email because I asked him to. THANKS!

He does not know Terrayne, she is not a member here and has never posted to any other boards.
I could not post it because my low tech Web TV system allows me to forward her email to another person but not to the board(gotta get a real computer!!)
Terrayne Crawford is a former Hanover rep who was subjected to the same abuse as I and sent me the statement to help me stop the abuses that are going on in this business.

Ray did see the full email, with exposed headers, and deleted her email address at my request to protect her privacy. Though Ray does not know her, Hanover will recall her name, and skunk Nancy Stein knows all too well that Terrayne`s words, and mine, are the truth.

Though Hanover has not abused as MANY people as other companies have, they may have indulged in the worst behavior of them all. Impersonating people is a felony, period.

As I`ve stated on other threads, I am talking to State Sen John Burton of CA and to the police to get IC laws changed and to get the guilty punished.

Sen Burton already has my statements, and Terrayne`s, about Nancy Stein and Hanover Security Reports. The police in Manhattan Beach CA will get them next.

Nancy Stein is a criminal lowlife who thinks IC laws entitle her to impersonate people, falsify reports, and bad mouth reps to each other.
For 20 years she has desperately tried to blame and scapegoat others for the fact that Hanover Security Reports is such a small company. She is incapable of accepting responsibility for her own sick actions and needs to be stopped.

If a huge international company like Enron can be brought down, then a crappy little company like Hanover Security Reports shouldn`t be too hard to stop.

The day will come when ICs are no longer subjected to these abuses, and that day will be brought about by yours truly, I`m proud to say!

David
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  05:09:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I have recieved a letter from King Cheung, the Senior Deputy Labor Commissioner for the CA Dept of Labor,
Bureau of Field Enforcement.
This was no doubt set in motion by
my recent visit to the office of CA State Sen John Burton.

I`m being asked to work with the Labor Board`s San Francisco office regarding the issues I`m raising.

As Hanover Security Reports is a CA based company, this could cause them some serious headaches.
One would think that at this juncture, Nancy Stein would consider coming forward and making amends to those she has wronged. Enough Hanover reps have posted here at various threads to indicate that she probably knows what I`m doing.

Then again, Nancy Stein is so arrogant, so utterly convinced that IC laws entitle her to engage in illegal activities where her field reps are concerned, that her judgement is obviously impaired.

I guess she`ll have to learn the hard way that the law does indeed apply to her as well.

It should be stated that even after IC laws are changed, no company will be forced to keep using reps who don`t do their jobs properly.
There are bad reps out there to be sure, just as their are good companies.

But the days of scapegoating reps for home office dishonesty & telling reps they have no rights, those days will soon be over.

David
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  10:55:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Palm Scheduling has posted more
theatre checking work that are actually jobs to be done by Hanover.

I have no complaints against Palm Scheduling, Cheryl Durbin seems like an OK person.

But Hanover is not worth the risk.
You can see on this thread that at least TWO people were defamed by Hanover reps who were impersonating theatre managers.
And Hanover SUPPORTED this filthy behavior!!!!
What kind of a company allows this kind of crap to go on?

Avoid Hanover~~any one of you could be next!

David
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  3:09:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My statement--and Terrayne Crawford`s, regarding Hanover Security Reports have been sent to the CA Dept of Labor.
I`m asking for a full criminal investigation into the company`s business practices, and that Hanover be taken away from Nancy Stein.

Also sent were statements from theatre managers who were impersonated by the creepy Hanover rep that Nancy Stein supported.

Companies have always been able to get rid of bad reps, but good reps never had recourse against bad companies like Hanover.

Those days will soon be over.
Hanover, and other sleazy companies take note: the party`s over.

Nancy: you have brought this on yourself.
Grow up, stop blaming other companies for your problems, and accept responsibility for your behavior.

David
Go to Top of Page

EHamill
Trainee

Manchester, CT
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  6:40:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
David,

Let me start by saying that I have read every post you have made regarding Hanover and Certified and I do believe that you believe you were wronged (please note, I also believe that there are 2 sides to every story and do not blame either company for not posting them here).

As a professional I feel the need to say that you are hard to take serious. At times you make valid points, but they are intermingled with rants and personal attacks... these do not help your case (and actually could end up costing you cold cash at the end of the day). And some of your conspiracy theories are hard to swallow. You state that you were "stalked"? Come on David, you were working on theater checks not the Manhattan Project... Define stalking for us. I read it as "I was offended that the company would check in to make sure that I was where I was supposed to be". You claim that the stalking took place "year after year" and the continued AFTER you left the company... Why did you stay with them for years? It is statements like this that make you lose credibility with each posting you make!

Now before you suggest that I am an "insider" for one of these companies, I will go on record stating that I have never worked for Hanover but I do occasional work for Certified and LOVE IT. I have always been paid on time (I recently did a special assignment and was paid VERY QUICKLY for helping out) and have always been treated as I treat them (professionally). I recently had a chance to visit their offices and met various members of their team... through this experience, and other interactions, I have found them to be a professional company. I enjoy working for them so much; I actually requested that they call me more often! (I have been called only a few times to help out in jams).

I am sure that my post will have no impact on you, and that is fine, but I believe that if you are going to make changes for "all of us" we should have some say in what is said... To that extent, how can I get contact information for the authorities you have spoken with so that some of us can also share our sides of the story? I look forward to a reply.

EHamill
shopping Connecticut - Top to Bottom and Everything Inbetween!
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  7:40:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
EHamill:
what was done to me--and to Terrayne Crawford, whose statement is on this thread-- was done to me repeatedly for a period of years, and followed me to other companies even after I left Hanover. That constitutes stalking and entitles me to rant a bit.

You are clearly determined to label me a crackpot. It does not matter to you that others have come forward
with stories similar to mine. Statements from me AND those other people have convinced the CA Dept of Labor and Sen John Burton that IC laws need to be changed and that some of these companies need to be looked at a little more closely.

I have had FACE TO FACE meetings in Sen Burton`s office and his staff takes me very seriously.

I don`t negate your experiences, please do not negate mine.

My statement--and Ms Crawford`s--states that another rep was IMPERSONATING theatre managers for the specific purpose of lodging phony complaints against us and others.
That`s TWO PEOPLE making the same statement about the same company.
And I also have statements, in writing, from the managers who were impersonated, verifying that the complaints against us were false.
Sounds like we were being stalked, and your deliberate ignoring of the specifics of what we said makes the motivations behind your snide comments questionable at best.

And please feel free to contact your local lawmakers & labor board & tell them you think it`s OK for ICs to have no legal rights at all.
Let me know what they say to that!

David
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  9:47:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Still waiting for a response from the labor board regarding my complaint against this company.
Such responses can take anywhere from 30-90 days, so I'm not worried.

In the meantime, Sen John Burton`s office informs me that my info regarding this company is now at the State capital, where it is under review. The Senator agrees with me that IC laws need to be changed.
He will most likely introduce legislation to include ICs in the Fair Labor Act.

I'm also due to meet with Assemblyman Mark Leno(D-CA) for the same purpose.
This meeting will be directly with the Assemblyman & not with his staff.
I will discuss with Mr. Leno the outrageous behavior of Nancy Stein & Hanover Security Reports against myself & Terrayne Crawford, and the need to give ICs the power to go after companies like Hanover for financial restitution when they are wronged in such a shameful, fraudulant manner.

When I first worked for Hanover in the 70s & 80s, they were a huge company.
Under Nancy Stein`s questionable guidance, and her dishonest business practices, she has lost one client after another. She now has LESS THAN HALF of her former client base, and has spent the last ten years trying to blame & scapegoat others for her poor business judgement and dishonesty.

Stupid woman that Nancy Stein is, it has never occured to her that someone like me might take a stand against her, or that she could easily get rid of problems like these by simply
DOING THE RIGHT THING!

Instead, she continues to claim that people like me have no rights and that IC laws entitle her to do WHATEVER SHE WANTS.

I have made numerous peace offerings to her, and she has laughed at all of them.
I have told her that I would WALK AWAY FROM HER if she would do nothing more than clear my name of wrongdoing, but she is too stupid to see that she might actually benefit from doing this.

She has given me no recourse but to take the actions I am taking, and I will not back off until IC laws are changed, AND until Nancy Stein is punished for her actions.

David
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  10:01:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Due to his schedule, I probably won`t be meeting with Assemblyman Mark Leno
till May or June.

However, I will be meeting with staffers of Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
(D-CA)on Mon April 5th.
Naturally, Hanover will be a major topic of discussion.

I will try to show the Congresswoman how important it is to change IC laws
so that criminals like Nancy Stein can no longer get away with impersonating people, falsifying reports, and scapegoating innocent reps for her disgusting behavior.
I will also talk about the need to bring individuals like Nancy Stein up on criminal charges for their actions.

Congresswoman Pelosi is well known in this area for intervening on behalf of people who have been wronged.
I have a disabled friend who was not able to get his SSI benefits until the Congresswoman's office stepped in for him.

I'm confident that this meeting will be a major step forward in putting a stop to the fradulant abuses of individuals like Nancy Stein.

David
Go to Top of Page

TaraM

Alamogordo, NM
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2004 :  11:08:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I would like to know, David, is if you have been treated so badly by so many different merchandising companies..... then why are you still working for them? It would seem that if a person got screwed several times and always had bad experiences, then they would stop working as a merchandiser and look for work in another field. All your experiences can't have been so bad, you must have had some good experiences , right? Just wondering, as I have only seen you post complaints since I have been coming to this forum. I am just curious, not trying to upset anyone.

Tara Murdock - Shopping and improving Southern New Mexico. And enjoying every minute of it! :)
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  10:37:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's a good & perfectly reasonable question, Tara.
I was asked this at the Certified thread as well.

I have found two very good companies to work for. They treat me & everyone else quite well and support what I'm doing. They've heard horror stories from others as well, and the statements others posted here at the two threads that I'm involved in certainly show that far too many people are being badly treated in this business.

I use such strong language because these abuses have gone unchecked for too, too long, and only a stronger than usual stance will stop them.
Because I don`t want the two companies I'm currently with to get involved in this matter, I will not be mentioning them by name in this or the Certified thread.
But I've told schedulers from both companies that Volition is a great place to find good, reliable people.

David
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2090 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  8:12:12 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does Hanover still pratice this "criminal action" as you call it? Or did they stop?

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  10:53:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I could not honestly tell you what Hanover is up to these days, Abe.

Whether or not Nancy Stein still allows reps she likes to impersonate people is not the point, though.
The point is that she has allowed this to happen at least twice that I know of. Due to IC laws, she has a sense
of entitlement about supporting such behavior.
According to Nancy, reps who are targeted in the horrific manner that Terrayne Crawford & I were targeted have no rights.

Hanover is hardly the only company to treat people in a way that is both reprehensible and illegal.

Isn`t it high time this kind of crap was stopped once and for all?

David
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2090 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2004 :  8:00:29 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not defending the company, or putting it down..

Maybe she doesn't do this anymore? I did my first job with them about 2 days after this thread started, and I haven't had anything go wrong yet..not that I doubt you having problems with them.

I don't usually rag on companies that have done bad stuff to me, because..when you go on complaining about a company, it may turn a potential employer off towards you..they may think, "Gee, if they are saying that about them, what would they say that about me?"

I suppose I will keep working for Hanover for now, as it's paying my student loan. :-)

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

DavidN2003
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  08:58:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Abe:
By all means work for Hanover & make as much money as you can.
But you won`t work for them every week.
When I worked for them in the 1970s & 1980s, they were a huge company. I got lots of work from them most weeks.
But under Nancy Stein's "leadership",
Hanover has lost more than half it's
client base.
Nancy has spent twenty years looking for people to blame for her mismanagement of the company.
She is not capable of accepting responsibility for her atrocious
conduct.
Until Nancy Stein dies or retires, Hanover will remain the small, joke of a company that it is, a company that can go weeks at a time without work,
a company who cannot even afford to maintain a website.

As for other companies who might not work with me due to my stand--to hell with them!
I've found two companies who love me & support what I'm doing.
I am determined, after what happened to me at Hanover & elsewhere, to insure that I & everyone else in this biz have rights, that these things never happen to me or anyone else again.

Abe, you & I traded private emails a few months ago. You told me that another company dumped you when illness stopped you from completing
a job.
This is the only business I know of where illness--ILLNESS--is a punishable offense, and IC laws are the reason for this.

Don't you think that you deserve better treatment that that?
I do!

David
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums