Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Random Thoughts
 What Is The Weirdiest Gift You Ever Received for Valentines Day?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

KristenH
Star Contributor

Palm Springs, CA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2005 :  08:03:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karan

Kristen: Is your husband for rent?

Karan, I've been asked that question so many times, I'm thinking he could at least charge for "training" other guys to be more like him.

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

Tarra

Moline, IL
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2005 :  7:18:29 PM  Send Tarra an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband gave me a documentary last year- about poverty in pre-WWII Ireland. How romantic.

And the year before, he got me Godiva chocolates, very nice. But he also bought our 5 year old daughter Godivas as well!! I was astonished that he would get a child $30 worth of fine chocolates when I'm sure she would've loved a Hershey bar just as well.
Go to Top of Page

MarNVA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2005 :  08:08:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last year, my boyfriend got me a a couple of cans of an energy drink, two cans of chunk chicken breast and a small stuffed puppy. I thought that he must have lost his mind, but I didn't say anything since he was cooking me dinner. He later gave me a gold bracelet and laughed about me giving him the evil eye when I opened the other gifts. As it turns out, he got the stuffed puppy from the jewelry store, and the other stuff was just supposed to be funny. Gee, I wonder what mirth awaits me this year.

MSPA Silver Certified and shopping the Washington, DC metro area.
Go to Top of Page

KimBie
Star Contributor

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  07:30:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping hubby will keep up his romantic streak. For Christmas, he bought a little photo album and took all the pictures that people had taken at our wedding and given us doubles of and put them in. He said he had to move them several times to put them in chronological order!

Kim
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SandieS
Star Contributor

Long Island, NY
USA
504 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  3:04:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll try to think back for the weird ones, but I think I erased them all out of my memory.

This morning, before he slipped out to take the train, my hubby placed a red gift bag next to my coffee cup. Imagine my suprise when I opened the box inside, and found diamond earrings!

Later in the day, I got a delivery of beautiful flowers in a gorgeous planter that he picked out himself! He sure has come a long way.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Suffolk and Nassau Counties on Long Island, New York
Go to Top of Page

Teresa-WI
Valued Contributor

East Troy, WI
USA
192 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  10:03:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure I have ever gotten anything but a card from my DH. My birthday is right before V day, so getting flowers twice in one month is not something he would do. Plus he only gets the flowers at Aldis, so I guess I am not worth the $4.50 twice in the same month. Maybe this year will be better.

Teresa Schilling
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  3:21:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When we were dating my husband gave me a key for Valentine's Day. He said it signified that I had the key to his heart. Then he pulled out the actual keys to his Miata, and said that since I had the key to his heart, I might as well have the keys to the car I loved. After that he proposed. aaaahh!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

East Coast!
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  3:30:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had been dating a guy for a few years, and Valentine's Day was fast approaching. He said he had something really wonderful, that I would love! Ooooooh, the anticipation of waiting for an engagement ring.
So he brings me this pretty big box. What was it? A talking GLOBE!

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  4:07:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, so romantic! Did you end up marrying him?

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:26:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow Jan, any guy who would give the keys to his car to his girlfriend was in it for the long haul!! How very romantic.

Since I have been married twice, I want to show you all a comparison between my first hubby on Valentine's Day and my second, current hubby of 15 years. For our first VDay after marriage, hubby #1 gave me an iron skillet. I could have hit him in the head with it, but I didn't!! He even told me how useful it would be when we went camping out...CAMPING OUT!!! I knew immediately he had married the wrong Hilton girl!!

On our first VDay with my dear sweet hubby #2, I was on a business trip in Nashville. He sent two dozen roses to my hotel PLUS silk PJs to die for. When my flight arrived that evening at DFW, he met the plane and took me to the French restaurant where we married. When desert arrived, they placed a box next to my cheesecake. The box contained the most beautiful diamond watch I had ever seen. The guy is a keeper and it just got better from there!!!

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  6:55:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mimi, to heck with the watch! The important thing is...how was the cheesecake?
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  7:27:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hehehe...Nora, I really can't remember the cheesecake, but I do remember how in love I was with this old guy!!! The first was a really BIG mistake, but I do remember feeling how great it felt to finally be married to a great guy who understood I would never go CAMPING.

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

AshleySharing
Contributor

Dillsboro, NC
USA
91 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  8:04:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A guy I was just getting to know came out of the bathroom wearing a pair of tiny pair of underwear that said..."Home of the WHOPPER"
I told him to get his Little Crystal back in his pants.
He left...what a gift...I never saw him again.

Ashley
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  03:36:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, Ashley, that probably was a great gift. You found out early what he was like, and you didn't waste another minute of your life on him. Many women wish they could say that!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  02:52:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't recall ever receiving a Valentine's gift from my ex-husband. And he pretty much sucked at birthday, anniversary, and Christmas gifts, too. Once when I was recovering from surgery and still in the hospital I complained that my feet were always cold. he brought me a pair of vinyl mules with heels (that I couldn't keep on my feet) and bragged they had only been $1 at Big Lots. Don't know why I didn't divorce him sooner.

Now, the last two Valentine's Days I have received gorgeous bouquets at work from a guy that I have only met in person once. We've been exchanging e-mails daily for almost two years, since his sister introduced us. Too bad we live half-way across the country from each other. We may never discover if we'd really like each other's company as much as we enjoy the e-mails.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  03:06:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jnanne, the guy should jump on a plane and bring you some flowers in person!
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  05:28:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jnanne, this guy would jump on the next plane to bring you flowers if you would send him one of your baked goods packages. You know what they say about the way to a man's heart!!

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  11:46:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I regularly send him baked goods. So far he's gotten brownies, cookies (chocolate chip, sugar decorated by Olivia, peanutbutter, chocolate oatmeal no-bake, etc.), banana bread, sourdough bread, chocolate dessert bread, pumpkin bread, spice cake in heart shapes--thanks, Laura for the pans, and I don't remember what else. Guess he doesn't feel he needs to come and get it!!

He tapes sci-fi for me since I don't have TV at my house, and sends a package every few weeks. He always includes something special for Olivia, whether a snack, books, DVD's or pink cowgirl boots. He sure seems like the perfect guy to me.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  12:36:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmm...I think we need to work on the sister who introduced you. Does she live near you? Perhaps you could make her a goody box?

If you don't have a TV, how do you watch the tapes and DVDs he sends?

Any guy who would send your daughter pink cowgirl boots is worth the trouble to "tie" down!!! If he sends Olivia a pony to go with those boots, you need to propose to HIM!!!!

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  2:17:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The sister, a good friend from church, is applying for jobs in Houston (where they grew up)! If she and/or her husband find jobs there I will certainly miss them and the kids.

I have a TV, I just have no reception. I live in the middle of nowhere and can't get anything without cable, but since I switched to a job with a $4000 paycut, I dropped cable, cell phone, etc. to make ends meet. He keeps my sci-fi fix out of the withdrawal stage. When it is between seasons he sends me tapes of his favorite shows that I never watched when they were new, like Firefly and Farscape.

And my dad runs the midwestern region of the save the mustang program. He owns about 18 mustangs and has about 150 at the facility. Please--no pony for my child!! She has good enough access as it is.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums