Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

GVargas
Valued Contributor

WA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  08:50:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmm ... should have been paid by now (they usually pay by the 20th of the following month). You might want to contact your scheduler to see what's up.
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  10:09:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I checked my records and I received pay-pal notification on 4-21 for my March shops with Beyond Hello.

As previous poster said, contact your scheduler for more info on why you haven't been paid yet.

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

KClose
Apprentice

Ansonia, Connecticut
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  12:19:49 PM  Send KClose an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do NOT use Beyond Hello to get mystery shop work. I did EXACTLY what I was told to do but because the person who helped me during the first part of a Vision Center vist was actually the doctor and not the associate they decided they weren't going to pay me. They asked me to describe and name each person who helped me and that's exactly what I did but they said it wasn't good enough. Don kept stating that I needed to describe the associate that waited on me when I arrived. Over and over I stated that NO associate waited on me but rather the Doctor was handling the customers between exams. He insisted that describe an associate. I guess he wanted me to make up something. I won't do that. I described EXACTLY how the shop occurred.

I guess describing exactly what happened and what someone looks like and getting their first and last name is not enough for them to pay you the $25.00 shop fee AFTER I spent hundreds of dollars required. Now I'm stuck with the cost of the shop and not paid for the shop. I didn't even need the merchandise and it's not returnable.

I contacted Beyond Hello by telephone twice to get clarification and, again, did exactly what I was told. They refuse to pay me.

I looked back at my history of emails from this company and they seem to repost this shop constantly...more so for this location than any other shop. I think maybe it's not the shoppers having the problem but the location and their procedures in handling customers.

Karyn Close
Go to Top of Page

BeyondHelloDon
Valued Contributor

Madison, Wisconsin
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  2:55:18 PM  Visit BeyondHelloDon's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dear Karyn,

You will be paid the shopper fee despite the fact that we cannot use the evaluation. We have decided to pay the fee as you did follow the guidelines. After numerous requests for additional information went unanswered the evaluation became increasingly delayed. We not only pride ourselves on the quality of work that goes to our client, but also that they receive it a timely manner. Beyond Hello has been in business since 1991 and has always been fair to the shoppers who stand behind the quality of their work. We take the quality of our evaluations very seriously and expect our shopper “partners” to do the same. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Don

Don Laufenberg
Scheduler
Beyond Hello
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6499 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  3:20:25 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don, Beyond Hello has always been fair to shoppers, however, I know from experience, you, not Beyond Hello, can be a little short with your "shopper partners." In addition, I know which shop she is talking about and it was, as I told you an expensive shop for me as well. I had issues with it taking so long for this same shop to be paid and I have never had a problem with shops I have received from Beyond Hello before.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Jeff in GA
Contributor

Stone Mountain, GA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  8:58:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed shops for Beyond Hello and have never experienced a problem. However, I recently completed my first vision assignment for them and I was astounded at the expense I incurred even with the "discount". If I had had any idea I was going to spend that kind of money I would never have taken the job. I realize Beyond Hello makes a point to let shoppers know that there will be a personal expense for this shop but maybe it could be better emphasized that the "discount" doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Jeff in GA
Go to Top of Page

Jeff in GA
Contributor

Stone Mountain, GA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  9:02:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone Congratulate me that previous post just bumped me up to three stars and made me a "Contributor". And I wouldn't be surprised if at least 5 or 10 of my previous 50 posts didn't make at least a little sense.

Jeff in GA
Go to Top of Page

KClose
Apprentice

Ansonia, Connecticut
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  06:14:28 AM  Send KClose an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BeyondHelloDon

You will be paid the shopper fee despite the fact that we cannot use the evaluation.
Don, I appreciate the shop fee.

I'm not sure that two requests amounts to "numerous". I called you each time I got an email and I also updated the submission. However, it's my impression looking back that you did not expect or want me to interact with the Doctor rather an associate as soon as I walked in the door. That's not what happened. The one associate they had available was busy with a customer and the Doctor impatiently waited on me. I stated this fact. There was nothing in the instructions that stated that I MUST deal with a sales associate right off the bat. I did follow all of your instructions exactly and I submitted my report exactly how it happened. When I spoke to you on the phone you were not at all helpful. Your responses to me when I asked why Lori was emailing me again was "well it's in her email". I addressed her email so I wasn't understanding what else she wanted. I asked if there was something I wasn't being clear about and your response was "well if you can't update the evaluation then we can't use it". Again, not helpful at all. I was getting the impression you wanted information that just didn't happen and I wasn't about to make something up to appease you.

I take my evaluations very serious and I shop for many other companies. I have never had a problem like this with any of them and I always strive for a perfect score. Currently, I am assigned so many shops because of my score that I just can't do all of them. So that must say something about my credibility.

This was the first shop I had done with your company. I was extremely hesitant with the cost involved. I tried it anyway. Lesson learned. In the end the discount didn't prove to be any better than I would have gotten from a competitor across the street from them. I would have saved more by going where I usually go; across the street.

I'm sorry this situation didn't work out. Might I suggest that when working with shoppers in the future that you perhaps try and be a bit patient when communicating with them. We are here working for you and you do need us so acting like you don't need us is not going to build a great relationship. JMHO

Thanks!
PS Congrats Jeff!

Karyn Close
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6499 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  08:26:05 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Karyn, do not let this one incident make you think all of the schedulers there are the same. Beyond Hello is a great company, generally pays like clockwork and generally, have very polite, helpful schedulers. I am thinking Don has been working too hard or something.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

Andrea S.
Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  9:05:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to throw in that I have dealt with two Beyond Hello schedulers this week (Joanne and Erin) and both of them have been incredibly nice and helpful. I, for one, would recommend working with them any day.

Just my

Shopping New York City & Atlanta
MSPA Silver Certified #nanexe
Go to Top of Page

Patsy NE Ohio

Garfield Hts., OH
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2006 :  08:44:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I must toss in my . I have done many shops for Beyond Hello and have never had a problem. They are one of my favorite companies. On one shop there was a misunderstanding on my part and I was still given a 9 on the report and paid promptly.
Karyn, I did this same shop and would never have taken it if I had not needed new glasses. The discount is great if you need the glasses, it saved my $ 150.00 on my new glasses. However, if you were just doing the shop for the pay, you made a bad job choice.
We all have bad days for whatever reason. Think of the 1000’s of shoppers Don has to deal with on a daily basses, cut him some slack.
We all know bad schedulers, Don is not one of them.

Patsy
Ohio & Beyond
MSPA Gold 2005
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2006 :  5:10:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The discount is actually 4% more than what you get from the discounts for this same company from the newspaper. I did the shop because I needed new glasses and I paid a lot less for the glasses than I did the last time I bought glasses. So, I see it as getting the money for the shop fee and getting the new glasses that I needed and would have purchased anyway.

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6499 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2006 :  8:13:02 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are a couple of different shops. The first two I did, cost nothing in comparison to the last one. I have a basic prescription, no bifocals, or anything special. It still cost me 200.00 plus the doctor fee. The only one making out on these shops is the company selling the glasses. I don't mind spending my money, but not this kind of money for a simple prescription like mine. The one without the required Dr's visit is well worth it. As far as Don goes, yes we all have bad days, so maybe, just maybe, we all had the same issues on the same "bad" day and it was overwhelming for him.

Update: Just this morning (5/15/06) I needed help from Michael at Beyond Hello and he was just fantastic! Thanks. They really do have some great schedulers.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

DianeJones

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  8:57:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, Maybe someone here can help me.

My account has been deactivated.

I am a newbie. I enrolled with Beyond Hello. Unfortunately I did not complete the sample test in the time alloted, which I was not aware I only had 7 days.

I have e-mailed Beyond Hello- several times including twice this week. I have e-mailed Tasha several times and still no response.

I see that this is a reputable company and I would love to work with them, but I can't seem to get an answer from anyone. Thanks so much.
Go to Top of Page

BeyondHelloTasha
Valued Contributor

Madison, WI
USA
189 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  07:49:35 AM  Visit BeyondHelloTasha's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You sent me and email about this and I replied on Tuesday, please contact me again if you didn't get it.

Thanks
Tasha

Beyond Hello

Tasha Haefner
Beyond Hello Inc
Go to Top of Page

LThurston
Contributor

TX
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  4:24:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say Beyond Hello is one of my favorite companies to shop for. I have always been paid on time and they give good feedback. A rule of thumb that I use is to not take a shop that I wouldn't normally shop anyway or benefit from on the off chance I was not to get paid.

Lisa
MSPA Gold Cert
Go to Top of Page

NicLinBlue

BC
Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  11:47:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed an eye glass purchase shop for this company in March and have not received the promised, very large, portion of the glasses fee. I have only received the shopper fee. I contacted the company June 7th and was promised payment would be sent. As of today's date, I am still waiting! After reading all these posts I am getting worried.

Go to Top of Page

.BeyondHelloErin
Inactive

Madison, WI
USA
72 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  12:25:50 PM  Visit .BeyondHelloErin's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Linda,
To address your payment concern, your reimbursement check was mailed out yesterday morning (6/28) and should arrive shortly.

We are more than happy to address any and all questions with our shoppers directly. We do prefer to discuss the situation through e-mail or a phone call, rather than on a public forum.

Thank you for shopping with us and have and happy holiday weekend!

Erin Treece
Scheduler, Beyond Hello
Go to Top of Page

Patricia F
Apprentice

Glenville, PA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  07:24:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm very new to Mystery Shopping and my second shop was for Beyond Hello. I can tell you that both Erin and Don were there for me!!! Things were not going as they shouuld have ('')and every single off the wall question I asked was answered quickly by either email or phone! They were wonderfully supportive and helpful throughout it all! I got an 8/10 and I think because of the nature of the shop it was edited quite quickly. Erin told me the score was quite good considering the problems I had incurred with the shop. I'll work for them any day of the week!!! Unfortunately, I do not live in a major metro area and jobs are few.

Pat
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6499 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  11:42:49 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is no need to worry about payment from Beyond Hello. I have never heard of anyone not being paid for correctly and sometimes even incorrectly, completed jobs. Have you looked into a paypal account?

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums