Page: of 2

.MattJH
Inactive

Clifton Forge, VA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  5:46:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever heard of Retail Assistance
they may be getting some work that I have done previously and I would like to know if they are worth working for.

http://www.retailassistance.com/

Thank you Matt

Matt
Servicing Western Virgina, as well as the Carolinas

AnnM
Apprentice

Cottage Grove, WI
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  12:58:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Retail Assistance is an awesome company to work with! They are quick to reply to any questions and concerns. Payments have been prompt. Hopefully they will continue to gain more clients so that we can get more work!
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
170 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  09:00:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them for about two years. They are one of my favorite companies to work for. As I have gotten more experience with them, they have given me more work. Generally, you are given a product line in specific stores, and a monthly schedule telling you how many visits and number of budgeted hours. They will approve overtime if there is a good reason for it. In addition, everything is done online, which I like. Many times, we actually are in direct contact with the companies whose products we merchandise. There is an atmosphere of trust there that is rare. They pay based on monthly invoices that are generated by online call reports. They pay monthly and I have never had a problem with late or inaccurate checks. I recommend them highly.

Janet Bolan
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  8:05:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new info on this company?
I got a call yesterday and called back but they were out of the office. She called me back today and I will be working roughly 5 hours a month with them. Pay is good. Would like to know how everyone likes their projects?

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  9:01:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just finished training tonight and looks like I will have about 7.5 hours a month. Doing frames and luggage. I liked the trainer and so far all has gone well. She said they are hiring in many places so contact them if your looking for more work!

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

Helene
Contributor

PA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  4:32:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for them for a couple of months and at first everything seemed to be running smoothly. The last few weeks have been a mess with project requirements and required dates changing almost daily, mailings not arriving, sending too few tickets to complete a job, etc. Has anyone experienced this in the past?
Go to Top of Page

Jane Walshing
Valued Contributor

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  6:38:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
These kind of issues are normally client induced, not issues from the 3rd party merch company.

Clients make changes when projects are already printed or even after they have started, clients often don't send enough POP etc. to do the entire project, reps disappear and don't return POP and the merch company is left with not enough for all reps, clients give the orders to the merch company with little notice which causes major problems, etc.

There are so many variables that cause issues and "most" of the time it is not any fault of the merch company.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

Helene
Contributor

PA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  7:06:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jane, I have been doing this a long time and am well aware of all the variables that you mention. I was not placing blame. I just wanted to know if this is an ongoing thing, be it client induced or not. I do not care who is at fault. My concern is how it affects the merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

RichardAC
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  12:24:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Retail Assistance Corporation for over eight years and I have to say that they are the most professional merchandising firm out there. I would imagine that the issue that was mentioned was client induced and RAC was trying to accommodate their customer's needs. But they value their employees. I got a card with some carmel candy last week that read, "Thanks for helping out in a sticky situation!" What other firm does that???

RichardC
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  1:34:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What stores and products do they work with?
I've heard a large part of their service is with picture frames in Kohls?

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  9:26:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So for the majority that work for this company,do you still like it? I'm trying to decide if i should apply or not. Thanks for any info.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  9:31:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
wow it's been over a year since my last post. Do they still have work? Thanks for any info,i appreciate it! I applied but nothing so far.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
256 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  7:15:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them a few years ago dealing with Kohls Frames and Photo area. It was ok but the one hour time we got was barely enough to scratch the surface,merchandise wise since it was so messy and disorganized. I moved on to other things. I dont know of recent events.Mia
Go to Top of Page

ChristyJ001

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  9:20:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them for about three years. Still doing frames and other vendors mainly in Kohl's, also some seasonal work in JCPenny, Dillard's. and Stage.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  10:18:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On their web site they have a list of open locations by state,tonight for Washington it shows Wenatchee Valley (Macy's #440) Kelso (Macy's #442), Spokane (Zumiez #17).

My assignments are 1hr, but I may service 1-3 different products at Macy's for 1hr each. The stores I service are all in same mall and I'm given plenty of time to complete them 2 weeks or the whole month.

At times they may send alot emails with updates for a 1hr assignment, I wait till almost the last day to work them. Camera is a must for very good and clear pictures.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  6:23:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any thing recent on this company? They have posted on Narms for my area for WM.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  12:59:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It works mainly if you have other assignments with other companies in the same location. Very few monthly jobs and mostly for 1 hr. In the last few months it been 2-3 jobs at 1hr ea. (2-3 hrs per month).

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  8:24:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mary. I'm in WM every week for 1 or 2 companies already, so it would fit in.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  9:54:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just curious,how did you find the open job list ontheir site? I went to the employment page and it just wants my info,which i filled out awhile ago,but haven't heard anything back. Is the pay over $11.00 an hour? Was wondering if it's worth the time for the 1 hour jobs?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2011 :  01:24:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's in their web site.... after being hired it's a page of open areas in case we can add any to our route. I'm not sure what the rate is for new hires.

A few years ago I received a call from them and I turned them down, not enough pay and hours. I received another call about a year later, didn't remember them but they remembered me.

Told me it was her second call and offered more pay since they really needed someone badly to stay long term. I considered the pay for long term, remember we don't get raises even after 5 years. I won't tell is amount but I accepted, I also worked to show I'M WORTH IT!

When the economy went bad last year we all took a cut in pay a percentage.....for a few months...This company is the only one to raise it back to what it was.

For Washington it shows one open location at Spokane, WA ...use me as referral.... $25 referral bonus I sure NEED!

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2011 :  01:49:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NOT every job is 1 hr. (but most) a few have been 2-3 hrs monthly.

All my stores are in the same Mall and I can work them on the same day or when I do other jobs which are also all there. The mall is 3-5 mins. away, plus many other stores on on my way that I can add on assignments. Last thing is this company doesn't cut hours down to minutes.

I've been reconsidering another company I work for on 30mins-1hr assignments that are 20-30 miles away and I don't have no other jobs there. Another thing is 30mins is not even worth a 10 mile drive any more BUT YOU HAVE GET THEM DONE. They must of read something I wrote because I wasn't scheduled this month and just hired a friend of mine for work this week, turned out to be a NO SHOW.

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums