Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Creative Image Associates, Inc.
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

FaithG

Houston, TX
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  2:36:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CIA is one of my favorite companies to work for.

Both Leslie and Kate are super. They treat you like a real person and show appreciation for your work.

Faith
Go to Top of Page

AudreyB
Valued Contributor

West Plains, Missouri
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  10:16:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I now have to amend my earlier post. Working with CIA has been great. They have been really supportive and I received lots of feedback on my assignments.

However, I am now running into a payment (or rather non-payment) issue with them. I had expected payment for the assignments done in June before the end of July. When I inquired about this, I received an e-mail back which gave me a date when my check had been printed. After several days I asked again, and received another date of when my check would be mailed. Again, no check. I asked for a third time at the beginning of August (yesterday) and received a third date of when my check was mailed out. As of today no check, even though it has been almost a week after the mailing date. I really like working for this company, but I wonder if I'm the only one having problems getting paid on time?

Audrey

Audrey
happily shopping southern Missouri and northern Arkansas
Go to Top of Page

Roswitha
Star Contributor

Pinellas Park, FL
USA
445 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  10:43:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No payment issues here. My July shops done on July 18 have already been paid by check. Thanks CIA.

Audrey, I hope your pay issue is just a glitch in the system and will be resolved soon.
Keep us posted!

Roswitha
MSPA Gold Shopping sunny Florida Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo .....
Go to Top of Page

JenShoppinFlorida
Valued Contributor

Plant City, Florida
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  03:45:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone recently done any shops for CIA ??? My last one was completed and I was quickly paid in December...haven't heard from them since . Just wondering. Maybe they didn't like my work...

***Jennifer***
Shopping Central Florida
Go to Top of Page

Christo
Star Contributor

Naples, FL
USA
257 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  06:20:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jen -

I also hadn't gotten any of those shops since December, so I emailed the scheduler. She replied that they no longer have that contract, so I guess we're all out of luck!
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  07:55:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed my first shop with CIA last month and it was a great experience with plenty of communication, great pay and a helpful scheduler - Leslie. I'm still waiting to hear from them concerning future shops. Hopefully soon...

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

JenShoppinFlorida
Valued Contributor

Plant City, Florida
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  10:19:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Christo...thanks for looking into that!! Guess I could have emailed someone, but now I don't have to...I appreciate it! I guess they aren't doing any in FL...(?)...Oh well for now, maybe in the future .

***Jennifer***
Shopping Central Florida
Go to Top of Page

Christo
Star Contributor

Naples, FL
USA
257 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  11:33:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jen -

No problem...I had emailed the scheduler about a month ago when two months had passed with no regular 'route' of shops like I had been getting every month. Hopefully that bank will show up again.
Go to Top of Page

JennyJo

Nashua, NH
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  3:20:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone who has worked for this company receive tax forms if you have made less than $600. please let me know. thanks Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

JennyJo

Nashua, NH
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  4:26:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone know the answer if they send a tax form if you dont make the $600. I need to know before I apply. Please any answers. thanks Jen
Go to Top of Page

JenShoppinFlorida
Valued Contributor

Plant City, Florida
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  06:51:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They did not send me a 1099...I made less than $600 on shops for them last year...

***Jennifer***
Shopping Central Florida
Go to Top of Page

JennyJo

Nashua, NH
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  10:55:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
thanks because in their info. they say they send it to everyone but glad they dont. Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  1:02:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In Canada we are supposed to claim ALL income no matter the amount we earn from any company, otherwise it is tax evasion and can lead to big time trouble. Is it not the same in the USA so that a 1099 would make no difference.

Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  2:14:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are also required to report ALL income in the US, regardless of the amount. However, I personally, would probably not report income that I did not receive a 1099 on. I do not know what this companies policy is on 1099's. I do know that some companies send me 1099's for as little as $75.00.
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  3:36:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Perhaps JennyJo is glad to know that they don't send the forms because she didn't receive one, and wanted to make certain that she didn't miss it. Let's not set the IRS on her!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Paula K Slater

Little Rock, AR
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006 :  7:53:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for CIA several times over the past months. I love working with Leslie. She makes it very easy to get the shops done and is always available to answer questions.

The first time I reported a shop I was a little surprised at how they ask that it be done, but after my first one, I found that I loved their reporting practices. The narratives allowed me to really state what happened during my shop without word limitations.

I enjoy working with this company very much!

Paula
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  4:17:40 PM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Folks,

I am a current shopper for CIA. In MA, I get paid mileage for my shops so I can't complain about that. I with with Holley and Joanne and they are wonderful to work for. They also have telephone shops which I can do while having my morning coffee. If you live in one of the areas they have clients, check them out.

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

KristinSweetness

West Plains, MO
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  3:27:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CIA is definitely one of my favorite companies! I like being able to write all the narrative instead of answering piddly questions that don't really explain my experience. The pay is great and on time, and there aren't that many companies who will pay mileage. I can pack a day with CIA shops and land $200-$300. Leslie is one of the best schedulers I have with any company.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Val AC
Valued Contributor

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  5:40:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Creative Image, they were my first mystery shopping company. I regularly shopped one customer for them and could count on them each month. I did a phone shop portion for them also. They always paid on time.

I got an email from Creative a year or so ago stating that they were changing the scheduling. Previously, I would usually get one assignment that had 3-4 parts and I would get paid for each part. Well, the new rules were that you would only get 1 part to do, then you could drive to another location and do 1 more part with another customer. I declined and haven't shopped with them since. This would have meant I would go from making either $50-80 per month going to one location, to now making maybe $20-30 driving to 3 different locations. No thank you. I also think they stated they were going to favor shoppers who were certified. I think I had been shopping for them for well over a year, maybe close to two at this point. That's crazy.
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  6:28:19 PM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Val, it sounds like maybe the changes they made at the time were client specific. I shop all of their locations here in MA, and get paid for the two parts of a shop. Plus they pay mileage. I had been shopping for then before I was certifed.

I believe they have a new client in FL so maybe it might be worth checking them out again.

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums