Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  06:46:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you drive around tiny little podunk towns that have five liquor stores looking for ONE SPECIFIC ONE...you don't CARE if they other one is closer/better/cheaper.....you might be a shopper.

If you make friends with drunkards in the parking lots of the local taverns in broad daylight -- because they know where ALL the liquor stores are -- you might be a shopper.
Go to Top of Page

Roswitha
Star Contributor

Pinellas Park, FL
USA
445 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  07:03:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
If you make friends with drunkards in the parking lots of the local taverns in broad daylight -- because they know where ALL the liquor stores are -- you might be a shopper.
Marge, thank you for a good laugh before I head out for my round of shops this morning

Here is my latest:
If the bank calls and wants to speak to Karen/Hildegard/Debbie/Kirsten/....and your BF says, "I think it's for you hon"

you might be a shopper!

Roswitha
MSPA Gold Shopping sunny Florida Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo .....
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  7:26:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You get peeved that MSC's can have typo's on the reports, but not vice-versa.

This is straight from a report I'm doing. It's one of the choices. Can you spot the typo?

quote:

No, the greeting was unacceptable becasue the Employee did not look at/towards me while greeting.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

CarolLynn

Anaheim, CA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  09:54:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper when your credit card company puts a security alert on your credit card because you have been making "multiple small purchases" in the same day -- all under $3. Duh! Coffee shops! The funny part is that they don't blink an eye when I charge $$$ at two different hotels on the same day.

Shopping North & Central Orange County, CA
Silver Certified 7/31/2005
Go to Top of Page

Sandy Morgan
Contributor

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  1:45:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How about, You might be a shopper if you have pen marks on your steering column from whipping out the pen to take notes while also putting the keys in the ignition so you don't forget where you put them.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy Morgan
Contributor

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  6:25:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How about, You might be a shopper if you walk into a convenience store and your 5 year old says loudly "Mommy, you're not going to take a picture of the bathroom are you?".

Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  7:50:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's a good chance you're a shopper if you have a nice collection of SMALL BROWN BAGs, MEDIUM BROWN BAGs, and LARGE BROWN BAGs, stored in your closet from returns to the famous upscale department store. There's usually one or two floating around in your backseat or trunk, also.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  12:26:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I've taken to keeping a suitcase packed with winter clothes in the trunk of my car in order to simulate being a business traveler. Guess I'm really a shopper now.
Go to Top of Page

Jacque Minor

Social Circle, GA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  05:36:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When your 4 year old grandaughter yells out" Your suppose to ask if I want a drink" after getting the confirmation of your order-- You might be a shopper-
Go to Top of Page

Kris R.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  9:40:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if you can't get online without opening at least three tabs.................one for your mail, one for volition forums and one for whatever company just sent you an email that they have new shops!
This way you can go back and forth with lightening speed to check your mail every two to three minutes. Go to the mystery shopping company website to check and not loose you spot on volition!

You might be a mystery shopper if the FIRST thing you do each morning is grab your coffee and logon!

You might be a mystery shopper if the brand new car you bought just four months ago already has 6,500 miles on it!

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  10:53:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a Mystery Shopper if you have 100 pen's in all colors of ink, and in all colors and shapes to match your outfit. Of which you have 3 complete outfit changes in your car, just in case.

You might be a Mystery Shopper if you look like a mobile office. One box each of all sizes of envelopes, 3 pads each of different sizes of note pads, spiral notebooks in different sizes, colors and shapes. Sticky notes in each size, (super sticky), scissors, tape (several types), 10 flatten boxes 6' x 6", 10 bags of 2# rice bags, 4 oversize, (yet light) fully constructed boxes. There is a big stack of instructions in the passenger seat.

You might be a Mystery Shopper if you are spotted approaching an intersection saying "Turn red, turn red, turn red". with a thermometer in your mouth, looking at your watch, a sticky note on your steering wheel,(with half your notes started on it), knowing you have 15 minutes to get to the next shop, your ahead of schedule, on a cell phone, looking over your day planner as your closing a deal for a bonus shop due today that is in the area your already shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Leanna
Star Contributor

TX
USA
268 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  4:22:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have ever spent an hour doing modules and passing a multiple choice quiz, in hopes of getting a few bucks and a free Ice Cream,

You are probably a Shopper!

Silver Certified shopping East Texas
Go to Top of Page

Rapid_Ronni

Honolulu, Hawaii
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  03:43:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If your 16 year old daughter calls you from a specific hair salon and asks you if you can shop that salon because the service was bad. (you might be a shopper)

Ronni
Veronica J. Hills
Go to Top of Page

Marla R.

Yorba Linda, CA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  10:19:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here are a few I can add to the list! :)

If your dog won't eat dog food anymore because she is "holding out" for the good stuff she knows you will be bringing home later...
you might be a shopper!

If you do not drink alcohol but order it anyway...
you might be a shopper!

If you just had an appetizer, bread, a large entree and somehow still managed to save room for dessert...
you might be a shopper!

If you hate going to the mall for fun anymore because it feels like work
you might be a shopper!

If you have had so many lattes and mochas in the refrigerator at once your spouse yells when he/she knocks one over and it spills...
you might be a shopper!

When you are eating $100 meals and you can't really afford to eat out at all since your spouse is starting his own business...
you might be a shopper!
Go to Top of Page

Noelley
Apprentice

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  07:01:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Your nickname is "The Human GPS"

Your husband asks if he can pay you $12 if you'll just stay home.

You can lie to anyone without flinching and be convincing.

You have triggered the fraud alert on your credit card by making too large of a purchase.

You take business cards discreetly even when not shopping.

You will not eat another regular roast beef sandwich, even if they pay you.

You refuse to deposit checks unless you're getting paid for it.

You get more calls from schedulers than friends and relatives combined.

You know residential street names in every major city in case the salesperson asks.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy T.
Contributor

CO
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  7:13:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You say, "They are SO lucky I'm not working!" as you walk through a hotel or restaurant.
The new car you bought THREE months ago has 15,000 miles on it already (at this rate, my 100,000 mile warranty will last me two years!)
You plan your vacations around what shops you can do there.
You automatically take the receipt for every soda or cup of coffee you buy.
When a friend calls and asks what you are doing today, you answer with a list of restaurants, coffee shops and banks.
You carry two extra sets of clothes in your car in case you need to change clientele types on the road.
Your beloved hears you laughing your head off and says, "Reading Volition again, huh?"

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

JuneRMacK22
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  9:59:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You never fill your gas tank because you never know when that bonus gas shop comes up or that route comes up, it never fails I have a full tank of gas. Never fill up again!!

Six different stopwatches because I can never find one when I need one.

Delaying putting in shop checks so that I can do bank shops except the companies that put mystery shopping company on them. How are we suppose to deposit them in our bank accounts that we mystery shop?

I know about every cell phone company in the area. Every promotion that is going on, the best provider, etc.

I have more groceries than I know what to do with. My husband won't eat at home. My daughter is leaving for medical school soon, so I have no one to buy for. I will soon have to donate to the food pantry or give up grocery shops.

My house is littered with more paper than and receipts from shops that must be kept for six months.

Having two computers and printers owned by one person in the house, you know you must be a mystery shopper.

June
Go to Top of Page

BCheatam
Star Contributor

IN
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  07:06:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you spend an hour reading these messages and laughing your head off because you understand Everything that everyone is saying-you must be a shopper.

Silver Certified Mystery Shopper & Auditor in Central and Southern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Karlene

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  3:11:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If someone asks your child if she can draw a picture of a certain Australian animal and she draws a gas station.
If you start automatically going into the bathroom of every place that has one, even if you don't need to.

Karlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  3:17:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you actually time how long it takes the doctor to come back in the room after she went to get a pen, you might be a shopper!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums