Page: of 13

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  10:46:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
you are a shopper if:
You find yourself going to the rest room at a gas station without thinking and then wondering why you went there.
you walk around the islands while your car is filling, looking at the sqeegee and the trash cans.
You look out for deals on printer cartridges
you have one whole draw in the desk full of reports
the reminder on your Firefox has a full list of shopping times due
A new product in a fast food outlet gets advertised on TV and you wonder when you will get to try that
You get bad service at a shop and wish you were doing a shop there
you can remember the assistants name tag of the last 3 shops you went too
you get used to shopping alone

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  8:00:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
... if someone asks you to take them somewhere, asks you how much you are going to charge them and you tell them nothing because we will just make a few stops!

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  8:19:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The name of the company that shops each gas station pops into your head as you're driving down the highway and you know how much each pays.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  8:40:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
... if your accountant asks if you've done any good shops lately before he asks for your spreadsheet of expenses (and he's wondering if you are shopping him!)

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2007 :  05:39:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You know just where to find the nearest homeless person on your route after each coffee assignment so that you can give them that high fat beverage as you drive by.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

.Erin Steffanie Peterson
Inactive

Seattle, WA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  12:38:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's a twist on this topic...

You might be an editor if:

1. You have the desire to assign grades to forum posts.
2. You're tempted to reply to your friends' e-mails with feedback.
3. You let your shopping companion know that the person who helped you in the store isn't a cashier, they're a "sales representative."
4. You open a long e-mail and have a feeling of dread, knowing that it'll take forever to edit.

Steffanie
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LauraRic

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  9:48:31 PM  Send LauraRic an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You Might Be a Shopper IF...

You try to convince hubby that celebrating his birthday two months late due to the rotation on your fav fine dine is really not SO bad.

You walk through the supermarket on a regular outing thinking... didn't speak to me... note name on napkin in restroom immediately.

You begin to think that if you hear one more cell phone sell, you'll sprout wings and fly.

Laura
Mystery Shopping Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth and Chesapeake, VA
Go to Top of Page

Camellia
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  10:33:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a Mystery Shopper if:

You have 16 containers of dish detergent under your kitchen sink, which were the required "$1.00" purchase necessary to prove your date/time at the assignment.

I cleaned out my kitchen this weekend and found 16 bottles of (store brand) dish detergent under my kitchen sink. Product I purchased for the $1.00 purchase requirement.
Go to Top of Page

CaraR.
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  11:55:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you finally learn to like coffee at the age of 39 because you hate to waste all those cups of coffee from breakfast...

You might be a shopper!

If you've done so many P.O. shops that you've developed a feel for which ones are in downtown and which ones aren't based solely on the street name...

You might be a shopper!

If you can remember the slightest details about a store, but misplace your purse two times in one week...

You might be a shopper!

If you get excited when you see a sale on Polo shirts...

You might be a shopper!

If you routinely buy gas 3 gallons at a time...

You might be a shopper!

If you buy 3-prong folders in bulk...

You might be a shopper!

If you visit a store and think, "Hey, this one hasn't been merchandised yet"...

You might be a shopper!

If you have a Philips Head screwdriver in your 3-ring binder...

You might be a shopper!

If you have a measuring tape in your 3-ring binder...

You might be a shopper!

If you have a portable office in your 3-ring binder...

You might be a shopper!

If you have more than 5 maps in your 3-ring binder...

You might be a shopper!

If you feel "nekid" without your 3-ring binder...

You might be a shopper!

If you have to resist the urge to fake shop a location just to mess with their minds...

You might be a shopper!

Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  10:41:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by CaraR.
"If you have to resist the urge to fake shop a location just to mess with their minds...
You might be a shopper!"

I couldn't resist the urge the other day at the bank

Joan
Go to Top of Page

ShopperPatriciaF
Valued Contributor

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  10:33:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by CaraR.
"If you have to resist the urge to fake shop a location just to mess with their minds...
You might be a shopper!"

I love this one ! I'm doing it tomorrow during my weekly stop at the grocery store just to see if anyone notices.

Patricia
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  12:31:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if: You start a diet, and are losing that dreaded weight...then, along comes a great restaurant, you can't control yourself, and apply. The restaurant calls for appetizer, drink, entree, dessert and coffee, next day, your 3pds up....and tell yourself, "it's my work, not my fault".

You might be a shopper if, you go out to dinner (on your own), and run into the restroom to check it out, look for Server's nametag, check lightbulbs, music and tempeture...ooops, you may be a shopper..

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

DocLloyd

Salem, CT
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  4:16:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if you used to love certain donut shops and now would not eat there even for shoppers pay.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Steveo

CA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  11:52:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper iiifff you check your mail box for a payment from Freeman Group and find nothing!!

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  06:09:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a video shopper if.....
your favorite scenario "occupation" is documentary film maker.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  07:04:26 AM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if..... You go out to eat and write up a report when you get home, only to then remember that you actually ate there on your own.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Aimee G
Star Contributor

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  7:13:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are touringa model of a new home and the sales representative plucks a wad of duct tape from your hair.... you might be a shopper!

If someone hands you a form to fill out and you have a moment of panic because you can't remember what your address and phone number are supposed to be.... you might be a shopper.

If you meet a new person and get a deer-in-the-headlights look when it comes time to say your name because you can't remember it.... you might be a shopper.

Aimee
Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  11:21:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if when you're spouse is driving down the road you constantly comment, "I've shopped there." "I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." ...

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
~ MSing the Southern USA ~
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  08:02:07 AM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar

You might be a shopper if when you're spouse is driving down the road you constantly comment, "I've shopped there." "I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." "and I've shopped there." ...

Guilty.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  9:27:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
True, Dar.

Mine also goes, "I've merchandised there." "I've merchandised there." "I've shopped that chain but in a different location."

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums