Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

KellyIL
Valued Contributor

Joliet, IL
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  12:13:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if...your idea of preparing dinner for your significant other involves handing him a burger that's been sitting in the car for half an hour, with one bite taken out of it.

....your response to your significant other's request to visit a particular store is "Not unless they pay me."

....your significant other comments that Dairy Queen should be shopped in the winter (while it is closed), because being closed is very bad customer service.

Great thread!

Happily shopping Joliet, Naperville, and Orland Park, Illinois and surrounding areas.
MSPA Gold Certified: 7jjf7w
Go to Top of Page

Danielle Cox
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  12:16:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if...

You can easily write a comparison of the size, rental price and amenities of every apartment community wihtin a 45 mile radius.

Your husband instinctively asks "OK, what do I need to do this time?" every time you go out to eat.

Your friends/co-workers find it odd that you know the entire menu of a nearby restaurant where they plan to order take out.

You struggle for new ways to describe food beyond tasty, flavorful, and appetizing.

You have a great collection of expensive lotions, candles, etc. and you're not a lavish person.

You picked up a hobby as a result of doing a shop at a particular store.

People begin wonder what "errands" you always seem to be running during lunch, after work, on the weekends.
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  1:52:42 PM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have a cupboard full of snacks because you stopped at 50 different convenience stores in a week.....
You might be a shopper!

If your co-workers look forward to bags of bagels because you buy them even though your family doesn't care for bagels....
You might be a shopper!

If you work harder on the weekends than you do during the week at your full time job....
You might be a shopper!

If you find you put on 30,000 miles on your new truck in one year and haven't left the state...
You might be a shopper!

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

KathyCA
Contributor

CA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  3:38:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If it takes ten minutes to fill out a deposit slip itemizing checks.

If you have to invest in purchasing a new state of the art mouse due to IFS (Index Finger Syndrome) from clicking a million times per day.

You might be a shopper

Kathy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

SoCalColleen
Valued Contributor

Ca
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  8:47:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If your husband goes to work to rest, and asks how much money ~I~ would make if he took a specific day off, you might be a shopper.
If certain shops take on the nic names of the long time employees, to distinguish them apart, you might be a shopper.
If you believe that every time you go out, there will be some highlight, and have pictures to prove your unbelieveable story, you may be a shopper.
If you are watching a movie or television program, and have shopped something in the background, you might be a (California)shopper.
If you are watching a movie or television program, and you blurt out the address and name of the long time employee at the store in the background, you might be a (California) shopper, in need of a life.
You believe that chickens will eat anything, and after the 2nd or 3rd week of hamburgers and fries, they REFUSE!

:-)
Go to Top of Page

Rob_So_Cal
Valued Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  10:12:05 PM  Visit Rob_So_Cal's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody,

I've been reading this forum for a while but have never posted. This thread is so funny that I cannot help but register, and to share some of my thoughts:

If you often refer to your significant other as a guest or a partner... You might be a shopper.

If you are capable of submitting over 100 job applications over a weekend... You might be a shopper.

If you call a box cutter a breakaway knife... You might be a shopper.

If you spend 10 minutes interacting with a sales associate and ask a mile long of open ended questions, only to make a $2 purchase at the end... You might be a shopper.

When you have to make extra efforts not to forget your name... You might be a shopper.

Last, but not the least, if you wake up at 5AM to check your email then go back to sleep... You might be a shopper.

Happy Shopping!

Rob

Rob
MSPA Gold Certified since Nov., 2003

Shopping Orange and L.A. counties.
Will work for food

Go to Top of Page

OntarioGinaG
Contributor

St. Catharines, Ontario
Canada
91 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  10:41:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you dread going clothes shopping for yourself anymore, because you aren't getting paid for it ....You might be a shopper!
Go to Top of Page

TSA_Sarah
Valued Contributor

Arkansas
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  11:42:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have to explain to your preschooler's teacher why you ate at Sonic 5 times on Saturday.....You might be a shopper!

If every time you go through a drive thru, your 3 year old asks if you get to go inside in 10 minutes...You might be a shopper!

Sarah
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  12:56:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If your 4 year old tells you "I see the dumpster" every time you drive up to a gas station.

If your 3 year old tells you he doesn't want another lollipop...and wants to know why we have to go to the bank again --after the third drive thru teller shop today...

If your 4 year old wants to know why we didn't just buy all the groceries we needed at the last grocery store...

5 yrs Mystery Shopping
East/Central Florida
*Silver Certified*
Go to Top of Page

Tricia Caceres

Concord, North Carolina
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  4:19:19 PM  Send Tricia Caceres an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the laughs, everyone. I saw myself in so many of those.

If the word VERY has been magically erased from your vocabulary
You might be a shopper

If your friends and co-workers start asking if you've gotten a huge raise recently because all of a sudden you spring for lunch a lot
You might be a shopper

If when you go to someone's house for the first time you can name 15 apartment communities within a 5 mile radius that have floorplans that would accomodate their furniture
You might be a shopper

If you groan every time you see the words "Specific Person"
You might be a shopper

If 5 seconds after you get home from your full-time job your 11 year old says "Cool, it's time for us to go to work"
You might be a shopper

If your 11 year old daughter asks "When you're done entering your report can I use the computer?"
You might be a shopper

If your husband gets frustrated because you refuse to prompt him and always wait for him to make suggestions
You might be a shopper

If you say that you are going to cut back only to accept 6 emergency assignments and 23 regular ones
You might be a shopper

If you have been married for 2 years and are spotted by someone you know looking at engagement rings
You might be a shopper

If you have taken an unscheduled vacation day because there are just too many good shops to do that day
You might be a shopper

And my most recent problem....if you are so completely addicted to going to stores that you normally wouldn't enter to buy things that you don't need
You might be a shopper

MSPA Silver Certified - #8qfnuy
Shopping Concord, Charlotte, Kannapolis, Lake Norman and anywhere else I'm needed. Available for emergency and last minute shops.
Go to Top of Page

Chris_in_CO
Contributor

CO
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  4:19:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have a checking account open at every major banking chain in town.....
You may be a shopper!

MSPA GOLD Certified
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  5:26:01 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AdAora

If you continuously miss your favorite show (Law & Order) because you have reports to submit, you might be a shopper.
Oh No! No one should miss L&O - thank goodness for TNT, AdAora!

You know you're a shopper when:

You start mentally calculating menu options to spend every last dime of the reimbursement.

You look forward to your 9-5 job as a break.

You cash/deposit some MS checks at banks you don't shop& then write another check/deposit cash to your real account - I feel like I am laundering money sometimes!

Funny Reading!

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

JohnDavis813
Valued Contributor

Avon, OH
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  10:25:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are a retired store manager and district manager and you begin doing mystery shopping to keep busy, you are not a mystery shopper, you are just plain crazy.

John
Go to Top of Page

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  7:53:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if ...

After your 5 year old stayed at school for a special "lunch bunch" day, including lunches from McDonalds--

You find a McDonald's receipt in your child's school bag, and you ask the teacher what it's for...The teacher says your son wouldn't let her throw the receipt away.

My 5 year old told his teacher that "Mommy needs the receipt. You can't throw it away."

5 yrs Mystery Shopping
East/Central Florida
*Silver Certified*
Go to Top of Page

MarieSpree
Star Contributor

NY
USA
511 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  05:32:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if:

you make an appointment with your tax preparer under a fake name, since he runs screaming at the sight of you.

your husband settles back, ready for another good fiction story, any time a new acquaintance asks what you do for a living.

when friends brag how little they paid for their new skirt/shirt/pants, you respond by bragging how much you GOT paid for yours.

"Let's shop til we plop!" "You mean shop til we drop?" "Whatever!"
Go to Top of Page

HeidiN
Contributor

Arlington, TN
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  07:37:10 AM  Visit HeidiN's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote

If you love to eat at a certain restaurant, but do not go unless you find a way to shop it, you may be a shopper.

If you know every new movie that has came out in the past month and watched it at least 3 times at the movies , you may be a shopper.

If your kids, say "No mom I don't have to use the restroom again, I already went in the other 8 stores this afternoon.", you may be a shopper

If your kids ask "Are you done shopping yet???" at least 10 times in the same day, you may be a shopper
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  2:14:55 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if you get something to eat, and can remember every detail, and description of every employee you interacted with..and you weren't completing a shop!

You might be a shopper if ppl begin to wonder if you're telling the truth about yourself, or if you're making it up.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

JLindeman

San Diego, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  2:43:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if you count the number of rings when making a personal phone call.

Jennifer Lindeman
Gold Certified #etanhr
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  5:09:10 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, I've always done that. I was told when I was little, never let the phone ring more than 6 times. If they haven't answered after 6, hang up, because they are either not home, or don't wanna talk to you.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Louanne
Contributor

Fort Worth, TX
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  2:12:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The one about the husband asking what he is supposed to do at the resturant cracked me up!

Especially because I "treated" us to a fancy Valnetine's lunch and on the way my husband said, "Okay, what am I supposed to do?"

I don't have kids yet, but those comments were funny too because kids observe so much of what their parents do.

Louanne
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums