Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Delta_in_TN
Contributor

Nashville, TN
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  07:26:20 AM  Send Delta_in_TN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you're doing a bridal shop and a friend of your boyfriend's is there looking at bride's maid's dresses and asks if you're engaged when you've only been dating two months! Then you have to explain to the boyfriend why you're looking at dresses!

You might be a shopper!

Shopping Nashville, TN metro
Silver #oa5qaa
Go to Top of Page

JoyD
Contributor

North GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  08:03:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a mystery shopper if you can't enjoy eating out anymore without getting a reimbursement!
Go to Top of Page

Debbie Peach
Contributor

IL.
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  08:58:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if…………..

You wait till the last minute to buy your $30.00 bag of dog food………in hopes of getting the $10.00 reimbursement shop.

You return a perfectly good pair of sunglasses for no apparent reason other than…. my husband doesn’t like the way they look on me daaaaaoiiiii.

You know that the service representative for a cell phone shop is giving you a line of bull… ..because you already know about the carrier………and probably more than they do.

You always think of how to squeeze another shop into your already very busy schedule.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  5:32:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
if you wake up in a cold sweat from a nightmare about filling out a report, only to realize that you missed filling out one report and have 8 minutes before the report deadline...

you might be a shopper

*this happened to me last night...and yes, I got it in on time - thank goodness for that $%^ dream*
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  7:32:21 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guarantee you ARE A SHOPPER:

• When you turn down Mom's good cookin' so you can drive all over the county looking for a required $00.89 item for your shop tommorrow and cannot find it anywhere.
  • (The shop instructions were far more specific than most Acts of Congress.)

• When you throw up your hands and finally decide the item you finally found will have to do for the above shop. You cover your bases and email the hiring company. They respond that the required item that you finally found would be no problem.
  • (That's not what the instructions said. )

• When you spend ten times the time filling out the simple report than you did in the store and forgot to do the required fax at the same time.

• When you let dinner burn because you are doing the above report.

• When you let your favorite scheduler talk you into a "little favor" AND the assignment is a solo coffee shop AND you never drank coffee in your life.
  • (Tea yes. Coffee - I'd sit on first.)

• When you go into a FF place and order it standard issue when you ALWAYS order it YOUR WAY when you really pay for it.

• When you walk into the FF place down the street, your freshly made "usual order" is waiting at the counter before the door closes, but your instructions say to order something different this time. (Which is why I cannot shop my local ________. They would KNOW I'm sick or something if I failed to order my usual order.)

• You take the training test of (fill in big number here) hiring companies to get on their shopper lists because you heard they have some nice shops in your service area.
    .... for the umpteenth time.

• The above test asks for a cut and paste copy of your last shop to evaluate your writing style.
    (somewhere, I perceive a possible IC violation.]
    Could it just be that question?

YES
YOU ARE A SHOPPER:

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Terri_Indiana
Valued Contributor

IN
USA
215 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  1:27:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When you walk out of your Mayberry of a town's post office and come face to face with the girl from the music store 25 miles away where you just did a purchase and return and freak out when she says "You live here too?! I just moved here!" as you quickly usher your children to your vehicle without so much of a head nod and a polite hello.

Why I flipped over this, I don't know. But I think all of the late night report sessions recently have something to do with it! Plus, there goes the ability to do that shop ever again.
Go to Top of Page

AShuman
Star Contributor

Gastonia, NC
USA
448 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  4:15:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
...If everytime you Google something, the words "mystery shopping" are found in the search field.

...If you have memorized every entry in your thesaurus listed under the words very, good, excellent, poor, etc.

Alison
MSPA Gold 2006
Shopping Greater Charlotte, Gastonia, and the Upstate of SC.
Go to Top of Page

Lexi

New York City, NY
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2004 :  8:19:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you ACTUAL know the EXACT ADDRESSES of Supermarkets and Fast Food places...etc....and not just what block they are on..
you are a SHOPPER!! lol

Lexi
Go to Top of Page

AShuman
Star Contributor

Gastonia, NC
USA
448 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2004 :  8:48:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If your five-year-old refuses to eat any given meal until she has taken a picture of the meal from 3 different angles... you might be a shopper!

If said five-year-old must email pictures of meals to somebody at least weekly... you might be a really big pushover of a mom and a shopper. (Fortunately, my Mom thinks it's a riot and doesn't mind looking at what I cook. My suspicions are that she is glad to check and make sure her grandkids are eating a balanced diet, and not too much pizza and fries!)

Alison
MSPA Gold 2006
Shopping Greater Charlotte, Gastonia, and the Upstate of SC.
Go to Top of Page

SmileyBecca
Star Contributor

Struthers, OH
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2004 :  11:14:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you've ever eaten a meal belly up to the bar
.....you might just be a shopper

If you've ever actually worn out a fax machine or a scanner
.....yep, you might be a shopper

If every time you click a radio button in a survey, you also look for the drop down that repeats the same question (was the associate wearing a name tag? -yes -no; drop down - yes the associate was wearing a name tag.
.....well, you know what you might be

If your bank statement looks like this:
11/1 Deposit $50
11/1 Withdrawal $20
11/2 Deposit $20
11/2 Deposit $20
11/3 Withdrawal $10
11/3 Deposit $25
.....that's right, you might be a shopper

And finally, if you've ever thought you were Bond, James Bond (covert digital shops) or Bob Barker (reward shops), well then
.....you shopper you

Smiles,
Becca
MSPA SILVER CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

Elsie
Star Contributor

Camuy, Puerto Rico
USA
444 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2004 :  04:52:02 AM  Visit Elsie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if:

You memorized all the cell phone plans, and then get mad when the plans change

You did a route of shops today, only to find that a shop was released in a town you had visited that day!

You know how many miles it is to get to that store, how much gas you need and how many you can do along the way before the shop deadline.

Your husband knows the shops as well as you do and can describe every employee in the store and what they were doing, as well as how many customers were in the store and how long we were there. (I love him )

Shopping Puerto Rico! I wanna merchandise too. Help!
Go to Top of Page

Regina F
Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2004 :  10:50:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You've ever carried a stack of pillows past four empty abandoned carts hoping to wander past an employee who will offer you one of those empty, abandoned carts.

You are a 35 year old trying on clothing in a store directed towards 'hip hop' youth. (and no, it wasnt the hip hop clothes shop either, just a discounty clothes shop that turned out to be a hip hop place! EEK!)

reg

Regina
MSPA Silver Certification 8me3rm
Go to Top of Page

GarzaB

FL
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  05:11:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are not on a shop but your 14 year old daughter says to the cashier "Can I get a receipt, my mom needs to keep it for her records. Thanks"

Bridgette
Go to Top of Page

LauraLinDover
Star Contributor

Dover, NH
USA
1202 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  05:31:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
... you go into major electonics store to buy just a soda.... and wait 20 mins. in line to get it.

Laura
Happily Shopping the seacoast of NH, Southern ME and extreme Northeastern MA
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KelliW
Contributor

Little Rock, AR
USA
71 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  8:41:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are a shopper ...

When after you leave a store... any store... and DH asks you, "How did I do?" ... but you were not doing a mystery shop.

(I call it well trained )

Kelli

Silver Certified & about to go GOLD!
Go to Top of Page

SheriN5

CA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  8:49:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You know you're an addicted shopper when....

You're a 40 year old single mom of 3 who can barely keep up with her job, her MSing addiction and her kids, and you go into the maternity shop to convince them how happy you and your non-existent husband are to be having #4!!! (and you're successful!!!)

MSPA Gold Certified February 2005
Go to Top of Page

Melissa Green
Valued Contributor

North Charleston, SC
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  12:46:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
*When you get money in your mailbox or PayPal that you totally forgot was coming!

*When you buy a headset for your phone and consider it a tax-write off. And no one else in the family can use your 'cool contraption'!

*When you drag grandma to babysit in the car, while you go do shops all over town.

*When you plan your vacations only to get money back for shops.

*When these words ALWAYS come out of your mouth after leaving somewhere that had bad service.....
"Man! Are they lucky I was not shopping them!"

*When you make over $100. in given day...only to get it a month and a half later!

Melissa Green
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping all of South Carolina
Go to Top of Page

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:04:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper whenever you go somewhere in town and drive past a company and know what companies do their mystery shops.
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  8:42:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you schedule your monthly visits to your mother around the shop schedule of your favorite ms company (or companies) - you might be an obsessed shopper.

You have no idea what you are going to do with all of the bags of ff in your fridge; you have eaten more burgers than 1 person should doing the shops PLUS you have been to at least 1 picnic every week this summer - you are a weight gaining shopper

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

Janice-NoVA
Star Contributor

Reston, Virginia
USA
300 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  11:57:11 AM  Send Janice-NoVA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
When your 30th wedding anniversary is soon and you find a nice restaurant shop that can be done on the appropriate date
you might be a shopper!
Your husband's birthday is approaching and you find a fancy restaurant shop that can be done on the right date
you might be a shopper!
Your child is going to the train station and you find a shop that can be done while you are there
you might be a shopper!
Janice Porter

Janice Porter
Shops Northern Virginia, Maryland and DC
Gold Certified June 2003
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums