Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  06:35:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You get excited because the receipt (the cashier just handed you) is in nice, dark ink and you know you won't have to play with the scanner to make it legible.

(Why don't these places change their register ink cartridges more often?!)

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

RochelleP

Cheyenne, WY
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  8:21:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if...

You go to the new grocery store that just opened and are memorizing the names of each associate you meet, how long they took to greet you, and exactly what they said...and then realize you aren't on a shop.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KarenWe

Canada
23 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  1:17:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a mystery shopper if:
You wish you had one more computer shop to buy the new mouse, new printer, and printer paper that you need for your next shop.
Go to Top of Page

DarleneB
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  5:50:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a mystery shopper if:

You stand outside with wet hair and wearing only a sweater (hidden), in 45 degree misty weather for 45 minutes waiting for someone to bring you the spare set of car keys, because you locked your keys in your car, and you don't want to lose your anonymity.
This happened to me today.

DarleneB
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  11:18:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you take a Weight Loss mystery shop where you have to be at least XX pounds overweight because of all the Mcdc's FF mystery shops you've done in the past

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  06:36:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you go on a bus to a ski area and you feel like you're getting there dollars ahead of everyone else, because you're shopping it!
Go to Top of Page

MaraInColo

Arvada, CO
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  5:12:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if:

You can't leave the house without your laptop, digital camera and cell phone. You drive a car with three outlets to keep the above mentioned charged.

Your dog no longer wants to take a ride in the car and hides in the laundry room. An hour is okay, but not all day.

You're driving home on New Year's Day and every time you reach a live spot driving through Nevada you log into your laptop looking for shops.

You're meeting your family for lunch and your brother calls you wondering if your lost. Your not, you just had to sign up for a couple more shops.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  07:15:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you're the only one on a ski area gondola writing on a piece of paper (taking shop notes for a shop that you are doing).
Go to Top of Page

KimCinTN

TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  12:21:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you're 15 month old thinks it meal time ONLY when a paper sack is passed through the car window. (Or you could just eat out way too often! LOL)

MSPA Silver Certified - Shopping the Middle Tennessee area
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  11:56:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

It's 3 o'clock in the morning and you're STILL reading Volition forum posts!

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  07:07:43 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
... you're attempting to make Mocha Popsicles with all the leftover mocha drinks you've collected from a round of coffee shop shops!

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  1:15:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
...If your CD collection of archived audit pic's is larger than your music collection....

...If you can accurately quote driving times and mileage between any 2 points within a 100 mile radius of your home...

...If you can plan 12 hours of travel with 26 jobs all in one day, and complete that day within 15 minutes of your schedule...

...If you have not completely filled your car's tank with fuel in years, because you always need room in the tank for a gas station job...

...You gotta be a mystery shopper!
Go to Top of Page

JustJoan
Contributor

New York, NY
USA
91 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  8:43:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

When you talk to retail staff they catch you sneaking peeks at their illegibly written name tag each time they look to make eye contact

When you sit in a restaurant you carry on a distracted conversation with your associate and rarely take your eyes off what's going on around you (sometimes staff even think you're interested in them because they catch you staring)

When you sit in a movie theater you can mouth the words to about 85% of the trailers

When you pick up your cup of white chocolate mocha you can tell by just lifting the cup that the weight is off

MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping NYC since 2001
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  03:07:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When shopping the other day, I went into a restroom stall, and then began thinking of what I needed to quickly write down. I wasn't ON a shop-duh!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  7:45:12 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a mystery shopper if . . . .

You fill your candy dish at home with the free mints you get at all the Sonic shops!

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

Miskell

New Caney, Texas
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  9:57:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You have bowls in your refrigerator filled with ketchup packs, half n half and jelly... You might be a shopper
When your kids ask if you have an actual bottle of ketchup or jar of jelly they can use and walk away laughing over your mean look you just gave 'em... You might be a shopper
When your wanna be comedian husband likes to hum the theme song to the Pink Panther or Mission Impossible while your on a shop you forced him to go on with you... You might be a shopper
If you can never seem to rid your car of that french fry smell...You ARE a shopper

I got a bowl of Sonic mints too

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Sweetpeama
Apprentice

Billings, MT
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  11:18:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know how to quote a post
but I have to add the following to the
You know where the assosciates in the hardware store are hiding

either that or your dad has been doing one too many remodal jobs and you've been sent to find yet another item.

You've drug your husband and one year old to look at furniture you definently can't afford

You have figured out exactly what half your house is going to be decorated in
You might be a shopper

shopping Billings and surrounding area
silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Terry P
Trainee

CA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:06:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't been doing this long but I can relate to a lot of what you all have written. But, the one that really made me laugh was this, "When you pick up your cup of white chocolate mocha you can tell by just lifting the cup that the weight is off." This happened to me recently. The minute I got it I KNEW it was too light. I felt so bad for the guy because he was above and beyond in every other way (except that he also threw my receipt away without asking and had to dig it out of the trash for me...).

Terry
Go to Top of Page

George3
Apprentice

Bishop, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  6:27:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Reading all this stuff made me laugh!!
Here are some more.

You might be a shopper if....You are constantly signing up for the BONUS FF shops that are way out of your way and you realize you don't have enough money to cover the expensesand have to pawn something because you don't get paid for another couple of days.

You might be a shopper if.....You keep extending the due date on your electricity bill because there are lots of reimbursement shops available for the next few days.

You might be a shopper if.... Your boss gives you a company phone to use because all these bills are way too expensive and you can't afford a cell phone, Yet, he always sees you eating fast food and wonders if you're ever telling him the truth. (My boss really thinks this!!!)

Silver Certified. Shopping Corpus Christi, Kingsville, Alice and surrounding areas.
Go to Top of Page

JanetMA

Ocala, FL
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  03:30:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If your telephone books are worn out, you might be a Mystery Shopper

If your maps are worn out, you might be a Mystery Shopper

Janet
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums