Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

AShuman
Star Contributor

Gastonia, NC
USA
448 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  08:05:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When your 6 year old daughter goes to a slumber party where they order pizza, and she freaks out and says "Wait! We can't eat it till your Mum takes pictures!" (friend's Mom reported that my DD was quite distraught.)

When your children think it's a fabulous idea to buy you thermometers and a new stopwatch for your birthday... you might be a shopper!

Alison
MSPA Gold 2006
Shopping Greater Charlotte, Gastonia, and the Upstate of SC.
Go to Top of Page

Naomi M
Apprentice

MN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  3:44:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If your husband faxes more forms from work for you than for himself..you might be a new mystery shopper

Naomi
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraNY
Valued Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  4:02:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if....

....your 4 year old notices a new drug store being built up the street and says, "Oh no, another store we have to shop!"

....your kids automatically ask, "How many shops do we have to do?" when you tell them to get in the car.

....your husband stops asking when you got that new shirt and asks, "What shop did you get that at?" instead.

....you can feed your entire family, neighborhood and the food shelter for a week with bagels and cream cheese.

BARBARA
MSPA Silver Certified
Happily Shopping Rochester, NY
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  10:30:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if...

You haven't bought table napkins for years, because you have plenty that say "Subway' on them!
Go to Top of Page

SacTam
Contributor

Sacramento, CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  10:46:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

You try your hardest to not tell any of your friends or colleages that you're a mystery shopper because you don't want them to sign up and compete with you for all the cool jobs in town.
Go to Top of Page

CVinsant
Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  11:57:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Your 7 year old son begs you to take him to his favorite fast food restaurant and you have to tell him that you can't go tonight-
you have to take him to a restaurant where he can at least get chicken strips, but they aren't the same as his favorite chicken nuggets!!!

You thought about taking a restaurant shop that is around your husbands birthday since it was an $85 reimbursement.
Poor guy probably doesn't really want to eat there anymore by now!

You might be a shopper in need of help if...

You do an auto sales shop and actually consider trading your car in because the salesman did such a great job and made you fall in love with the car. Then you feel guilty that you did such a great job yourself of creating an objection to buy and later find out they brought in a car from another city that matches what you wanted.

This topic is so funny, thanks Ray!

Christina

Christina
Go to Top of Page

ConnieZinAZ
Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  01:30:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Your credit card company suspects that your credit card is being used by someone committing credit card fraud or it has been stolen, due the huge number of small purchases of gasoline, all $6.00 and under.

ConnieZ
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  05:59:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If your credit card's fraud department calls you to verify 15 purchases in the same day at the same sandwich chain in different towns, all for about $5 each, you might be a shopper.

If you're anxiously waiting for you child to turn 15 so he can attempt to rent "M" rated video games and 18 to try to buy cigarettes..you gotta be a shopper!
Go to Top of Page

Amy Kauffman
Contributor

Lincoln, NE
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  11:58:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you waddle around a liquor store nonchalantly from front to back and from the far left corner of the store to the far right, while you are 9 months pregnant, and then casually ,walk out without buying a thing...you might be a shopper...

If you buy a cup of gourmet coffee and then drive around the parking lot looking for a homeless person to give it to because you hate coffee, but feel bad throwing it away...you might be a shopper...[/purple][/b]

If you acost the mailman with the same aforementioned coffee because you cannot find any homeless people...you might be a shopper...[/purple][/b]

If you get irritated that Yahoo! maps has changed their format and you have to relearn a new system...you might be a shopper...[/purple][/b]

And finally...if you have actually considered inducing labor on a certain day just so you can be sure to schedule and actually complete shops before and after (yeah right!) the birth of your firstborn son...you might be a shopper...[/purple][/b]
Go to Top of Page

JanetOKC
Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  1:27:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
If your credit card's fraud department calls you to verify 15 purchases in the same day at the same sandwich chain in different towns, all for about $5 each, you might be a shopper.

YES! My CitiCard was put on "hold" because I filled my gas tank by buying $5 of gas at 6 different gas stations one afternoon last month. Yikes!

Janet
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Arlene_HI
Star Contributor

Lawai, HI
USA
676 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  5:10:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad I'm not the only one. Good to know the fraud squad is paying attention.
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  5:19:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arlene, I think your's was put on hold from buying too many beautiful leis for people visiting your beautiful island.
Go to Top of Page

Arlene_HI
Star Contributor

Lawai, HI
USA
676 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  6:57:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
aw. If you go on vacation and a strange lady meets you at the airport and takes her car apart to fit everyone in, you might be a shopper.

When you know more people on volition than you do in "real" life, you might be a shopper.

Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  11:25:30 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might be a shopper if . . . . . . . . your car contains a glovebox full of different colored stop watches sent to you free by several different MSPs to do reveal shops!!!

Rhonda

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

CVinsant
Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  01:05:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
you have to ask three people if they want your chicken sandwich and curly fries from the drive thru portion of your shop (too full to eat two) and then are forced to have to throw it away because no one wants it because they all just ate! You are disappointed that there was no homeless around to give it to, but think to yourself that at least you had a free lunch.

Christina
Go to Top of Page

CVinsant
Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  01:07:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are definately a shopper if...

you shop several locations in one day and leave voice mail messages on your cellphone with details and the maximum number of messages have been left! Then you are forced to call your spouses phone to continue leaving messages and her mailbox gets full too! This happened! Time to call the cell phone company about mailbox size!

Christina
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  5:07:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If it takes you more than a week to fully deposit your paycheck in the bank (because you are putting it in $25 at a time), you might be a shopper.
Go to Top of Page

MSJamey
Valued Contributor

McKinney, TX
USA
116 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  6:15:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have discovered I might be a shopper....thanks to this thread.

I have also discovered that I am now altering my real life grocery shopping schedule to fit into my shops cause I just love the thrill of that delayed "coupon"(my pay for the shop!) I would be getting in a couple of weeks.

As if I wasn't enough of a combat shopper before....

Jamey
I can see you.
MSPA Silver Certified
Queen of theater Standees!
Go to Top of Page

CindyPetri

TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  11:02:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you refuse to fill up your gas tank because you just might have a chance to do another gas shop....

You might be a shopper!

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Pat S
Valued Contributor

San Ramon, CA
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  11:39:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you try to get home on fumes to create the most room possible in your tank. In addition to fume driving, if you drive 60 miles to some town in the middle of no where to burn gas so you can do the rest of the gas shops you have signed up for (since you made a small mathematical error- 27 gal. don't fit in a 20 gal. tank). Of course this town has a few shops to do while I am there.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums