Make your own facial cleansing cloths
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MissyHall

Parkersburg, WV
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2003 :  05:21:53 AM  Send MissyHall an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't remember where I found this tip so I can give them credit, but it is so easy to make your own facial cleansing cloths (similar to Ponds, Oil of Olay or Doves)

Buy a roll of high quality paper towels. I use the Bounty Select-a-Size so that I don't have to cut the full sheets down. Fold each sheet into squares.

Buy a bottle of good liquid facial cleanser. Try to find the liquid, not the foaming. Dilute some cleanser with water (about 1 to 1 proportion) and soak the paper towels in the solution. Hang the towels out to dry. When dry, they will work just like the ones you buy - wet and wash your face.

I found some WalMart brand cleanser for $1.00, so I make cloths using sensitive skin formula for every day use and some cloths with acne formula for those not so good days :)

.BethEdwards
Inactive

Rome, GA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  09:10:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a super suggestion. Those things are expensive but nice to have especially in the summer.
Go to Top of Page

.Neecy
Inactive

Lyons, GA
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  5:54:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I loved that tip Missy, I will be making my own.. I need to be as frugal as I can! Thanks

Denise Peebles
Go to Top of Page

Darlene
Contributor

Austin, TX
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  07:36:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The facial cleansing cloths are perfect for travelling!
Go to Top of Page

SeattleDeb
Contributor

Lynnwood, WA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  11:23:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What a great idea. You could even make some with household cleanser, for emergencies in the car, for the camping box, or in the backpack.

DeeB
Go to Top of Page

BethMcShane
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  5:38:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That is an aswesome tip....only one more thing to add to it:

Use Cetaphil as the liquid cleanser...Cetaphil is seriously the cleanser most dermatologists recommend!!
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  10:41:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My mom takes the store-bought facial cleansing cloths and cuts them in half. There's still plenty to use!

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

KimBie
Star Contributor

USA
606 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  07:38:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness! I thought I was the only one to cut my facial cloths in half.... sometime quarters depending on the size!

Kim
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

ShaunaWA

Poulsbo, WA
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  12:38:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have very sensitive skin so I use cut up Handi-Wipes for my cloths. The can even be reused. I wash them in a lingerie bag. They do come out wrinkled but as soon as their wet it doesn't matter anyway!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums