Page: of 12

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  6:46:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
I loved doing the program, BUT I shop 99% at walmart and you have to INPUT each price. when you buy 200.00 plus a week, this is very hard.. even with your kids helping
:)

Chelle....I don't understand why prices must be entered for some stores, and, not for others. I shop at our local supermarket, and do not have to enter prices! Yay! My husband shops at Walmart, & I have to enter all the prices on what he buys!

I can understand your frustration....
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  1:47:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I filled out their application to become a member. Instead of receiving any info on the scanning, I am now receiving surveys to fill out via email. Is this part of their selection process??
Go to Top of Page

Holli in NJ
Contributor

NJ
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  08:44:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received my scanner But I have one question, can anyone tell
me how to scan meats and chicken, they have a barcode and I scan it, and it says something about a reference card., Help please

Holli
I Love This Board!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  11:36:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Holli...You should have been sent a barcode card (about 9"x12") with a number of barcodes & pictures of different types of items...
Vegetables, Fruits, Baked goods, Meats, etc.

We use those barcode cards to scan meats, produce, baked goods, gasoline, etc. that do not have barcodes that will scan.

If you do not have one of those cards, go ahead and scan what will scan in your order, enter the total paid, etc & close out as usual.

Then, you should contact Homescan, and, tell them that you do not have a barcode card.

(Before we got barcode cards, many items like meats, produce, etc were not scanned at all. So, I think you will be OK, until you get a barcode card, to go ahead and just scan what will scan, and, enter the total. Homescan will know what is happening.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Holli in NJ
Contributor

NJ
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  6:43:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Clare I never received the barcodes for that,
just the not able to scan barcode sheet. I will call them and let them know to send me another one, thanks again

Holli
I Love This Board!
Go to Top of Page

Julia1963

Hudson, Michigan
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  5:38:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a e-mail for Nielsen Homescan today.

I have some great news for you! You’re household has been selected to
join our elite panel. I just want to confirm that you are still
interested, so that we can send you the equipment you’ll need to
participate.
I'm so excited! Thank's for this great information.

Julia
Go to Top of Page

Mahealani
Valued Contributor

Stockton, CA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  2:04:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Clare -

Lucky you! The scanner doesn't recognize any stores I shop at. I have to manually input each and every price which is really ridiculous since I do a lot of shopping.

Hmm I wonder if they'll be doing some software updates so it won't be such a hassle to scan.

Mahealani
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  11:36:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
The scanner doesn't recognize any stores I shop at. I have to manually input each and every price which is really ridiculous since I do a lot of shopping.
Mahealani: I'm sorry you have to do that! It does make the scanning go much quicker when you do not have to enter prices.

I buy our groceries at United Supermarket, and can scan the order in no time.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron21222
Apprentice

Baltimore, MD
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  1:13:12 PM  Send Aaron21222 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not having any luck dealing with AC Neilson directly, so I figured I'd ask here.

I had a XP PC that died, and my new PC is running Vista. I installed the software on the new PC, but it doesn't seem to recognize the scanner. The options show the USB as In Use, but the status window says that nothing is plugged in.

Has anyone else had a problem with Vista, and if so - how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance, as I'm now getting notices from Homescan saying I haven't scanned in some time, and their support is lacking.

Aaron
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  5:34:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Aaron: After my XP had to be reinstalled last year, it still showed the Homescan program as active; however, each time I transmitted, I had to reconnect it......UNTIL, I started from the beginning, and re-installed the Homescan software program, just like I did when I set it up at the beginning. It has worked beautifully ever since.

Did you try doing re-installing the Homescan software?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron21222
Apprentice

Baltimore, MD
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  5:40:10 PM  Send Aaron21222 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clare

Aaron: Did you try doing re-installing the Homescan software?
I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Something about Vista is causing the problem.

Aaron
Go to Top of Page

Mahealani
Valued Contributor

Stockton, CA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  12:51:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Clare: I just got a new barcode reference card with new store lists and so I don't have to enter all the UPCs anymore! yay lol

Aaron: I don't know why you're having problems with the software. I upgraded to Vista some months ago and it's actually working beautifully - better than with XP. Maybe you should send customer service an e-mail about this.

Mahealani
Go to Top of Page

Aaron21222
Apprentice

Baltimore, MD
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  6:52:17 PM  Send Aaron21222 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mahealani

Aaron: I don't know why you're having problems with the software. I upgraded to Vista some months ago and it's actually working beautifully - better than with XP. Maybe you should send customer service an e-mail about this.
I've sent a number of emails. All they keep having me do is uninstall/reinstall, and enter that code to reset the scanner. Still no luck. I'm wondering if a driver is missing. The website says something about a PTDI (or something like that), but when I search the PC for it, nothing is found.

Aaron
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  9:22:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
I don't have to enter all the UPCs anymore! yay lol
Oh, my! Entering all those codes was a real pain, huh? Glad you got the card!
Go to Top of Page

KathyT
Contributor

Toledo, WA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  10:01:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had to ship a non-working scanner? If so, how long did it take to get a new one?

Kathy T
Go to Top of Page

Sandy Blackwell

VA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  09:00:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there maximum points one can get per transmission of the scan, or is it based on the total purchase for the week?

Sandy
Happily shopping in Northern Virginia
MSPA Gold Certified- af86b6
Site Field Inpector
Mobile Notary Public in the State of VA
Go to Top of Page

CarolynV
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
255 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  09:12:56 AM  Visit CarolynV's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another program which is similar to homescan is shopper's hotline. I belong to both nielsen and shopper's hotline.Their equipment is slightly different but the idea is the same...

Carolyn
Gold certified MSPA shopper in Oklahoma
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  5:50:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is there maximum points one can get per transmission of the scan, or is it based on the total purchase for the week?

Sandy...It's a set amount (increases each year, I believe).
It's not based on the purchase amount.
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  06:18:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Clare is right - you get points just for transmitting. It has nothing to do with the amount of $$ you spent.

And don't forget to transmit every week - you get bonus points for consistently transmitting! You can transmit a zero report if you don't shop that week to still get credit.

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

BethMomOf2
Star Contributor

Cornelius, NC
USA
303 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  5:21:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm sending back my scanner. I do 75% of my shopping at Walmart now and entering all those prices is too time consuming. The outdated rewards aren't enough incentive for me.

I can't recall the exact date I joined but it was many years ago. I'm kind of sad to quit! My husband is thrilled though. He was annoyed by it all.

I laughed at the recent email about referring my friends and family for bonus gift points. Bold print in the email said "We need households just like yours for our panel." Interesting. I thought "If it is that great of a program, they wouldn't need my referrals." Here's a tip, give money or gas cards and you'd have more participants.

Anyhow...good luck to y'all who are still scanning away and hoping for that $20,000.

Beth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums